PDA

View Full Version : Wands and Natural Weapons

Gwazi Magnum
2013-12-07, 11:38 AM
Currently through the homebrew Evolutionist class I have a guy with 8 Tentacles out of his back that work as natural weapons.

What I'm wondering is, is it possible to occupy my hands with wands to blast spells from while at the same time using my Tentacles as natural weapon attacks?

Also, as side questions.

1. How do I dual wield/use two wands at once again?
2. What feats are there again that improve natural weapons?

Greenish
2013-12-07, 11:45 AM
0. If the tentacles take up no arms, your hands are free to do as they wish (subject to action limits).
1. Cannith Wand Adept (Sharn,: City of Towers).
2. Improved Natural Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#improvedNaturalAttack), Weapon Focus chain, Improved Critical…

Urpriest
2013-12-07, 11:51 AM
Note that in general, wands require different actions than attacking with (natural) weapons. Using a wand is like casting a spell, not like using a weapon. Even with abilities that let you use two wands at once, that's part of a special full-round action, with no connection to a full attack.

Gwazi Magnum
2013-12-07, 11:54 AM
0. If the tentacles take up no arms, your hands are free to do as they wish (subject to action limits).
1. Cannith Wand Adept (Sharn,: City of Towers).
2. Improved Natural Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#improvedNaturalAttack), Weapon Focus chain, Improved Critical…

Alright thanks :)

Link is plenty useful also.

Note that in general, wands require different actions than attacking with (natural) weapons. Using a wand is like casting a spell, not like using a weapon. Even with abilities that let you use two wands at once, that's part of a special full-round action, with no connection to a full attack.

Damn... :/
So I can't do both at once then?

Urpriest
2013-12-07, 12:41 PM
Damn... :/
So I can't do both at once then?

Not without a source of extra actions, no.

Blackhawk748
2013-12-07, 01:03 PM
which a belt of battle will let you pull off at least once a day

Chronos
2013-12-07, 03:06 PM
You can wield them all at once with no problem, and that can have some value to it (it's convenient to not have to sheathe/draw your wands to get different ones), but you can't use a wand and attack at the same time.