PDA

View Full Version : Good Angels, Evil Demons, Neutral what?

GoblinGilmartin
2013-12-07, 02:10 PM
So I had an interesting idea that I want to add to a campaign setting I'm working on.

Wings. Demons have bat ones (or in my setting, dragony lizard ones), Angels have eagle(?) ones, what about a neutral or chaotic celestial? I was thinking butterfly wings. What would neutral celestial beings be? This whole idea came from a combination of playing might and magic 5 and looking at fairy dragons from the old monster manuals.http://www.dotd.com/mm/farydrag.gif

What about a four pronged system? A Lawful good faction of angels, identified by eagle or owl wings, A Chaotic good faction that has jeweled butterfly wings, a lawful evil group with bat wings, and a chaotic evil group with dragon wings?

The deific system of my setting is polarized to two figures, a bird goddess and an evil lizard.

Amnoriath
2013-12-07, 02:14 PM
So I had an interesting idea that I want to add to a campaign setting I'm working on.

Wings. Demons have bat ones (or in my setting, dragony lizard ones), Angels have eagle(?) ones, what about a neutral or chaotic celestial? I was thinking butterfly wings.

What about a four pronged system? A Lawful good faction of angels, identified by eagle or owl wings, A Chaotic good faction that has jeweled butterfly wings, a lawful evil group with bat wings, and a chaotic evil group with dragon wings?

The deific system of my setting is polarized to two figures, a bird goddess and an evil lizard.
So what are you asking advice for? Ideas for strict neutral outsiders? Looks of them? Approval of the examples you gave? Please be more specific.

GoblinGilmartin
2013-12-07, 02:26 PM
So what are you asking advice for? Ideas for strict neutral outsiders? Looks of them? Approval of the examples you gave? Please be more specific.

I'm sorry for the scattered thoughts! I was more looking for ideas for chaotic good fluff, like, is there already something similar somewhere?

sengmeng
2013-12-07, 02:33 PM
Well, butterfly wings scream "fey" to me.

How about white bird wings for good celestials, other colored bird wings for neutral ones?

Or maybe dragonfly wings?

Jetpacks?

GoblinGilmartin
2013-12-07, 02:36 PM
Well, butterfly wings scream "fey" to me.

How about white bird wings for good celestials, other colored bird wings for neutral ones?

Or maybe dragonfly wings?

Jetpacks?

Well, fey are pretty self-centered, right? That could be neutral...

and yeah, the Birdmother (The goddess) is usually depicted as a tropical bird.

I guess I really just didn't want to divide it up fully between the 9 alignments.

sengmeng
2013-12-07, 02:50 PM
Well, fey are pretty self-centered, right? That could be neutral...

and yeah, the Birdmother (The goddess) is usually depicted as a tropical bird.

I guess I really just didn't want to divide it up fully between the 9 alignments.

Well, they're your creations. Real life options are confined to bird, bat, bug, and maybe pterosaur (pretty similar to bat, really, except just one "finger"). So, IDK. Bird wings can come in different colors, bug wings have the pretty butterfly or veiny dragonfly versions, and bat and reptile ones are both kind of sinister and similar. So I see it as "Angel" (white bird wings), "neutral" (other bird wings), "good(ish) fey" (butterfly), "neutral fey" (dragonfly), "monstrous" (dragon or pterosaur) and "Demon" (Bat).

And jetpacks for gnomes and constructs.

GoblinGilmartin
2013-12-07, 03:38 PM
And jetpacks for gnomes and constructs.
what is this, Exalted?