PDA

View Full Version : Someone Has Hacked Me BAD

ArlEammon
2013-12-07, 05:30 PM
To the board administrators and moderators. Someone has hacked into my account in real life, and gotten all details about me, including personal things you don't want strangers to know about you.

If I start acting weird and break TOS or something, it's not me.

The Dark Fiddler
2013-12-07, 05:45 PM
Change your password?

ArlEammon
2013-12-07, 05:46 PM
Okay. . . I can change one password pretty easily, but not necessarily all the ones I have. :smalltongue:

NerdyKris
2013-12-07, 05:55 PM
Okay. . . I can change one password pretty easily, but not necessarily all the ones I have. :smalltongue:

But you're here right now. You could have changed it in the time it took to write that post.

Also, I don't see how they got this password, unless you're using the same password over multiple sites and your email.

Rawhide
2013-12-07, 06:16 PM
Create a brand new email account somewhere with a brand new (and more secure) password. Do not use the same password as any you have used before. Also, use all different security questions/etc. and you may want to have a different birthday (and remember what it was).

Change your password on here, and change your email address to that new email. Do not use the same password as in step 1, or any previous passwords.

Do the same for all your other accounts.

Do this quickly.

Oh yeah, an do all this on a computer you know is uncompromised.

---

Finally, we won't be able to tell if it is someone using your account, or you just making an excuse to misbehave. So do this sooner rather than later.