PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 2 Scimitars

Luciandevine
2013-12-07, 07:33 PM
I know that 3.5 is compatible with Pathfinder, but I am just curious as to whether or not there is a feat in a Pathfinder book that does the same thing as Over-Sized Off-Hand Weapon, aka wielding 2 medium size weapons for your size category while only taking a -2/-2 to your attack rolls.

JHShadon
2013-12-07, 08:16 PM
There isn't a feat but the Fighter Archetype Two-Weapon Warrior (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/two-weapon-warrior) has the ability to treat one-handed weapons in his off-hand as light weapons.

Luciandevine
2013-12-07, 08:52 PM
That's good enough for me :). Do you remember what book that's out of by chance?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-12-07, 09:02 PM
Do note that that ability doesn't come online until 11th level, however.

Luciandevine
2013-12-07, 09:08 PM
Yup, I saw that. I am normally a 2HF, but like most people, have always loved the thought of a dual scimitar, or other similar sized weapon, wielder. The only option I generally found available was a double weapon, which is interesting and unique in it's own right, but doesn't quite "feel" the same, if you know what I mean.

And yes, I'm aware of what everybody says and thinks of 2WF, it's mostly just part of my cycle of melee characters and builds.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-07, 09:12 PM
That's good enough for me :). Do you remember what book that's out of by chance?

Each archetype (as far as I recall) lists the source-book at the bottom of the page. In this case it's APG, as can be seen below.

EDIT: Edited to remove potentially-violating screenshot.

Spore
2013-12-07, 09:12 PM

It's noted on the bottom of the site. APG.

Drelua
2013-12-07, 09:13 PM
Also note that you're basically still taking the penalty with Two-Weapon Warrior, at least once you get the level 15 ability, since you'd be taking no penalty at all if you had a light weapon in your off-hand. Either way, it's a difference of two points.

I honestly don't think that archetype is much better than a core fighter for TWFing. They add a couple abilities that are kind of cool, but their version of weapon training only works on a full attack; it doesn't even work on AoOs or with Doublestrike. Plus, as a TWFer, you'll have a high DEX so you're probably going to miss armor training.

JHShadon
2013-12-07, 09:20 PM
There's an exotic weapon called the Sawtooth Sabres (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/sabre-sawtooth), they have the same stats as longswords but if wielded in the off-hand you can treat it as a light weapon for the purposes of two-weapon fighting.

Zubrowka74
2013-12-09, 01:23 PM
There's an exotic weapon called the Sawtooth Sabres (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/sabre-sawtooth), they have the same stats as longswords but if wielded in the off-hand you can treat it as a light weapon for the purposes of two-weapon fighting.

So you're burning a precious feat for this OR you take the Half-Elf alternate race feature "Ancestral Arms".

Thou shall not Drizzt!