PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter MMO

Brother Oni
2013-12-07, 09:08 PM
So the Neverwinter MMO got its Steam release a couple of days ago - is anybody playing it?

Having spent all evening on it, it seems to be your standard third person microtransaction grindfest, but it appears to be remarkably bearable thus far.

Having had no experience with 4th Ed rules, the gameplay seems clean and simple, with more focus on using said abilities rather than build order.

I've already spotted a Roy Greenhilt in game, but didn't see any sign of a GitP guild, unless I'm just being blind.

Edit: Current character is a level 12 Guardian Fighter by name of Mikal Urthsson, so if anybody wants to do some questing, send me a message (no good at PVP though - quite firmly a PVE build this guy).

Sylthia
2013-12-07, 09:43 PM
I have a cleric, but I haven't been on in a while. I liked it, I've just been busy/playing other games.

I think 4th ed transferred pretty well to a real time game format.

Togath
2013-12-08, 04:48 AM
There was a gitp guild in it a while back.. not 100% sure what happened to it.
I do know that some of the player made content is surprisingly good, I even managed to make a quest.. I'll be darned if I can remember it's name at the moment though.

Brother Oni
2013-12-08, 05:00 AM
I think 4th ed transferred pretty well to a real time game format.

I think that was a common complaint when 4th ed came out - it was just a PnP version of a MMO.

There was a gitp guild in it a while back.. not 100% sure what happened to it.
I do know that some of the player made content is surprisingly good.

Ah, I'm just blind then.

I did manage to do a player quest, so I agree with you on that. Most of the crappier stuff gets voted down, so allowing for vote fuzzing from the playerbase that don't have two brain cells to rub together, the better modules tend to float to the top.

Kesnit
2013-12-08, 09:33 AM
I played for a while over the summer, then got distracted. I started back up yesterday since the expansion with Hunter Ranger came out. I've got a Rogue, Wizard, Defender Fighter, and Ranger, all on Dragon server.

I've found a lot of really good player-made content. And some that was...not so good. (I'll grab a module for review every once in a while.)

Lighturtle
2013-12-08, 11:28 AM
I played a while a few months ago.

Impressions:
PVE is always the same (don't stand in red ****, get **** off the cleric). The only enjoyable encounter I played was Epic Dread Vaults.
PVP is terribly balanced. I played a guardian fighter. I could cast three spells (knight's challenge, lunging strike, bullrush) and pretty much kill almost anyone, while being very hard to kill myself. Other classes such as clerics were a joke.
The game is EXTREMELY pay to win. You pretty much can't get the best enchant without paying, same with mounts, and they assure you victory.
As for bugs, the game is utterly broken.

Brother Oni
2013-12-10, 07:03 PM
PVP is terribly balanced. I played a guardian fighter. I could cast three spells (knight's challenge, lunging strike, bullrush) and pretty much kill almost anyone, while being very hard to kill myself. Other classes such as clerics were a joke.

I'm finding PVP is terribly balanced but for a different reason - it's too easy to get permastunned by chain CC effects, not to mention the new ranger class is far too good at kiting. I can't lock them down at all since my stun takes too long to activate plus advancing under my shield is pointless as they walk faster than me.

This is not mentioning that there a no items or abilities that I can find that reduce CC duration, just the one that restores health when I get hit by an effect.

As for bugs, the game is utterly broken.

They must have improved it as the game's only crashed or glitched a couple of times for me, which isn't bad for a beta.

Lighturtle
2013-12-10, 07:32 PM
Did you reach max level? Pvp gets very bursty there.

Brother Oni
2013-12-10, 07:54 PM
Did you reach max level? Pvp gets very bursty there.

I only started playing 3 days ago and I'm not a student with days of free time. Give me a chance. :smalltongue:

Woodzyowl
2013-12-10, 09:19 PM
Chance not granted.

I'm a level 60 wizard, so I'll gladly help people who need it with quests/bosses/etc. @Woodzyowl