PDA

View Full Version : What does a psychic warrior need to worry about if no magic transparency ?

CyberThread
2013-12-07, 10:22 PM
Overall, what does a PsyWarrior, need to worry about, if they get no transparency?

(Un)Inspired
2013-12-07, 10:27 PM
Psions and well built wilders

Urpriest
2013-12-07, 10:31 PM
The DM's maturity level, generally.

CyberThread
2013-12-07, 10:44 PM
am I missing a joke?

(Un)Inspired
2013-12-07, 10:50 PM
Well... I'm just saying that as rad as psychic warriors are (very rad ) they should beware people who can manifest 9th level powers

CyberThread
2013-12-07, 11:09 PM
that is the usual thing no matter what the rules are, that was a rather uninspired suggestion.

SciChronic
2013-12-07, 11:30 PM
well assuming you're melee you need to account for those problems as usual, high grapple monsters, flight, etc.

you also have to watch out for anti-psionic fields and anything of that vein, since as a psychic warrior you rely on your powers pretty heavily. anything that can drain or force you to expend more power points is particularly painful for a psychic warrior. If your DM is going to go with no-transparency, you can expect that he'll have things that specifically target manifesters to compensate.

probably the biggest concern is just having enough power points though, i've found it's hard to have enough power points to go longer than 3 or so fights a day without the vigor/midnight augmentation cheese

TuggyNE
2013-12-08, 12:17 AM
Overall, what does a PsyWarrior, need to worry about, if they get no transparency?

Do you mean "what is the complete list of things a PsyWar needs to consider in an environment that happens to have no transparency?" or "what unique considerations does a PsyWar have without transparency?"? Because the latter is rather easier to answer: nothing much changes, except that dispelling enemy spells requires a party member to handle it in most cases, and the few offensive powers a PsyWar might throw around (saveless, preferably; you don't have the ability scores to make the DCs worth using) are going to be mostly opposed.