PDA

View Full Version : Double weapon dual wielding???

Bellberith
2013-12-08, 12:33 AM
Can you dual wield double weapons (trench knife). and if so, what feats would you need. and what would the penalties be?

(ofc the biggest question here is can you dual wield them while attacking with both methods on both weapons in the same full-attack round.)

Psyren
2013-12-08, 12:41 AM
you mean hold a double-weapon in each hand? The only way I can think of would be to have more than one pair of hands (e.g. a Thri-Kreen or Kasatha from PF), hold a different double weapon in each pair, and use Multiweapon Fighting.

What book is trench knife from?

TuggyNE
2013-12-08, 12:43 AM
Psyren ninja'd me. That's basically it, as far as I know.

Bellberith
2013-12-08, 12:46 AM
MM4 pg 148 is a monster that has one. and somewhere it is listed as an exotic weapon. but it is a 1h doubleweapon. so i was wondering if you could dual wield them and attack with both ends on both weapons in 1 full-round action.

Crasical
2013-12-08, 12:54 AM
MM4 pg 148 is a monster that has one. and somewhere it is listed as an exotic weapon. but it is a 1h doubleweapon. so i was wondering if you could dual wield them and attack with both ends on both weapons in 1 full-round action.

Dragonsplits are not double weapons.

Bellberith
2013-12-08, 12:59 AM
you are right. but the trench knife i think is homebrew. my bad. regardless if someone were duel wield double weapons (with monkey grip or something) what the rules be?

cakellene
2013-12-08, 01:04 AM
You have to have two hands on a weapon to use it as a double weapon, otherwise you can only attack with one end of it. I think this is detailed in PHB.

TuggyNE
2013-12-08, 01:35 AM
you are right. but the trench knife i think is homebrew. my bad. regardless if someone were duel wield double weapons (with monkey grip or something) what the rules be?

The rules would be "get another pair of arms and try again". Monkey Grip is not a panacea that fixes all manner of wielding problems, and I don't believe it allows you to change handedness for two-handed weapons, much less double weapons.

Grayson01
2013-12-08, 09:14 AM
I know for the Thi-Kee they can double weild there double Pollarms however they treat the off hand side as a medium weapon not light when doing so. They also have 4 arms.

Darrin
2013-12-08, 10:59 AM
Cavestalker 4 (Drow of the Underdark) can dual-wield a pair of spiked chains, one in each hand.

Greenish
2013-12-08, 11:06 AM
Cavestalker 4 (Drow of the Underdark) can dual-wield a pair of spiked chains, one in each hand.Spiked Chain isn't a double weapon, though. Chain from Savage Species would be, but I'm not sure it qualifies.