PDA

View Full Version : The first trainer (A Platinum Story-nuzlocke)

Illven
2013-12-08, 03:15 AM
The first trainer is a tale about my cartridge Platinum Nuzlocke. For those of you who may not know what a Nuzlocke is, A Nuzlocke is a way of playing the Pokemon games, catching the first Pokemon you see in an area and only that Pokemon. And if a Pokemon faints, you can't use it again for the rest of the game. Many Nuzlockers will add additional rules (Limited use of healing items, saying that if they already caught the Pokemon, seeing it again on a different route doesn't count.)

I took what happened in game and spinned it into a story. Hope you enjoy :smallsmile:

Rule #1 If a pokemon faints put it in box 18, and don't take it out again.
Rule #2 Catch the first thing you see in each area that doesn't have a catch symbol already.
Rule #3 Only one pokemon can be bought in a game corner
Rule #4 All plot important battles must be fought with no more pokemon, then the trainer uses.
(Rule 4.1 During the first four elite four fights the pokemon in the last slot may not be used)
Rule #5 Each individual area of the Great marsh counts as a different area. However any pokemon caught must follow rule 2 and in the Great marsh I only have three chances per area to find a non-dupe.

“Hey Lucas, how are you doing?” I heard a voice call. Looking up from the plants I was tending, I noticed it was Barry, my best friend.
“Ah, the plants aren't growing. It's ridiculous. They have sun, Aqua's keeping them hydrated.” I said pointing to my Piplup I've owned since before I could remember. “What more do they want?”
“Maybe we're flooding them out?” Aqua suggested shrugging as well as a Piplup could.
“I think it would be more noticeable if you were doing that.” Barry responded.
“So what brings you here? Are the mines shut down?” I asked Barry.
“No, actually. Lord Rowan wants every able bodied adult at the town center.” Barry said awkwardly.
“Must be important if he's calling everyone. If the hunting teams are doing as bad as the plants, maybe it's rationing.” I mused.
“I don't think the hunting teams are doing as badly as you, it'd be pretty hard to do so.” Barry teased.
“Ha ha. Well anyway I'll tell everyone here.” I said. “Meet you at the center” I replied.

-The center was a joke. Rowan always said it was held for travelers, just in case. There were no travelers. We were the last humans of the world. Everything everyone knew ended at the border of town, outside of that were the wilds. Where no human could survive for long.-
“Wonder what Father wants.” Dawn replied sighing. She was my girlfriend.... in theory, she always wanted to keep it private. She said no one could know about us.
“Lord Rowan.” Rebecca replied hastily.
“He's my dad. I'll call him father.” Dawn replied annoyed.
“Guys. If we're rationing I really won't have the patience to deal with you two.” I replied.
“Fine, fine.” Rebecca muttered.
“Shush, he's speaking.” Dawn replied as I looked around for Barry.
“It is with my greatest regret that I must inform you of a thief within our noble town.” Lord Rowan spoke from atop a large podium. “Most of us, are good sorts, we understand that in this world, we must work together if we are to survive. But there are those who would see the doom of us all just to ensure their own life lasts a second longer. To ensure more comfort for themselves” He banged the podium, and Dawn jumped. Everyone's eyes were on Lord Rowan so I held her hand to comfort her.
“Not for fifteen years have we needed to exile one of our own. But now I'm left with no choice, we must ensure that the rules and morals of our society will be followed. Lucas of the farmers. I sentence you to exile!” He screamed.
“What in the distortion world.” I spoke confused. I was no thief. Why?
Two guards grabbed me then they must have sneaked up behind me during the rant. The crowd started to cheer. I lost sight of Dawn and Rebecca, and I still couldn't find Barry.

“Well Lucas. I don't know what came over you.” Lord Rowan spoke outside a cell I was being held in.
“I'm no thief. What's the evidence against me?” I demanded remaining calm.
“Thief.... Ah. You thought I was telling the truth with that little display. If you were part of the hunters it would have been much easier to make you disappear. No one would question a hunting accident.” He mused.
“Disappear...” I replied unnerved.
“Lucas. I know you're not a thief, I simply don't care. But I will not let you ruin my only daughter's future.” He replied actually reaching through the bars and crushing my shoulder with his hand. “How will people respect her as queen if she's married to a lowly farmer?” He questioned.
“Let me go.” I replied.
“Of course.” He replied letting my shoulder go. “I'm not without mercy. I'm not a cruel man. I do not go to excesses I do not need to. You will be exiled, there will be evidence. The town will scream for your exile, but unlike the last exile. I will let you leave here with your Pokemon. You will survive. For a time at least.”
“Do you really believe your daughter is so smitten with me, that you need to this?” I replied in sheer disbelief.
“You underestimate your charisma, Lucas.” Rowan replied walking away.

The farce of a trial was quick. Rowan's fabricated evidence and witnesses quickly overwhelmed the few character witnesses I had. Even my mom wouldn't speak out for me, not that I really expected her to. She had always hated me. I left town with only a backpack filled with basic survival stuff, and a couple of days of food. Turning my back on Twinleaf town I spoke to Aqua.
“Come, and don't look back.” Was all I said.

Was given Aqua the Piplup at Route 201 at level 5 Nature Gentle, Somewhat vain. Ability Torrent.

RagingKrikkit
2013-12-10, 03:22 PM
Oh, so you didn't want to play ME3 online because you signed up for a bunch of games, but now you have the time to start a writelocke? I see how it is. [Insert generic mumbling]

Illven
2013-12-11, 12:30 AM
Oh, so you didn't want to play ME3 online because you signed up for a bunch of games, but now you have the time to start a writelocke? I see how it is. [Insert generic mumbling]

I have class most nights till 9. Considering you get off at 10, that leaves like a half hour.