PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) In Which I Try to Lite-en Up About a [Class]

DracoDei
2013-12-08, 06:28 PM
STILL WORKING ON INITIAL TRIMMING DOWN OF ABILITIES ETC.

Wikipedia-like Cross-indexing:
The Protector-A class very much like this class in high-level concept, but with a very different execution.
T.G. Oskar's Retooled Marshall
Warlord II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310451) - by Nonsi
The Fanatic - Seems to be just about the diametrical opposite of this class, both in stereotypical attitude, and in terms of class abilities.

People kept telling me to simplify this class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13454489#post13454489), and, while I feel there are definite disadvantages to playing such a simplified version, I thought I would at least provide people the option.

The Grace-Gift [LITE]
INDEX
Post 1 - Class Introduction (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16578096&postcount=1)

Index & Cross-Index
Intent
A Warning to the GM
Important Notes for Players
Introductory Fluff
Post 2 - Class Description (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16578096&postcount=2)

Adventures, Characteristics & Alignment
Religion, Background, Races, Other Classes & Role
Abilities
Code of Conduct
Post 3 - Class Attributes and Tables (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16578096&postcount=3)

Alignment
Hit Points, Skills, Armor & Weapon Proficiencies
Class Progression Tables
Post 4 - Class Features (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16578096&postcount=4)

A General Rule on Spellcasting and Spell-like Abilities
Class Ability Descriptions
Post 5 - Class Feats (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16578096&postcount=5)

Feat List
Feat Descriptions

Post 6 - Reserved for Suggestions for Game Play (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16578096&postcount=6)

Post 7 - Partial Change Log (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16578096&postcount=7)

Post 8 - Notes for Future Development/Room to Grow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16578096&postcount=8)

INTENT
This is my attempt to create a class that is completely defensive in nature. So much so that half their tactical concern in battle is simply to stay alive.

I realize that this is a very dipable class, but it also should be good for going deeper. I realize it has a lot of options each round, but that is intentional, so as to prevent a situation where the class can't do anything because the threat doesn't happen to match up with any of the defenses they can grant. Sort-of like the original reason clerics were given everything on their class list instead of being limited to a smaller number of spells known... although I doubt I have created another CoDzilla, since, by himself, this guy has no offense.

In several cases I have gone a bit out of my way to make it so a Grace-Gift with a charisma of even 4 or something ridiculously low like that is still effective, at least as a village healer. The NPCs of the world thank me.

Brief warning to GMs:
Think VERY carefully before allowing this class as a Cohort or anything like that. It is pretty exploitable in that role. It also may Gestalt a bit TOO well with sorcerer or other "squishy" classes. I also suspect that it is broken with Vow of Peace, but since I have only briefly read the vows, I don't know for sure.

Important notes to players:
This class is probably stronger than it looks at first glance, but it may require a close reading to see that power. At the same time, it is probably more possible than with most classes to get yourself into a "dead end". Not all the bonus feats are created equal (but then again, things that are poor options for any other class may prove useful for this one), and there is even one class feature(Mobile Defender, currently found at level 13) that requires a specific feat to give any benefit. Read ahead a few levels from where you are actually working when building or leveling up a Grace-Gift. Along with everything else, I have been working on a "Suggestions for Playing a Grace-Gift" section at the end, covering both character design and equipping suggestions, as well as my best guesses on how to actually play one effectively when in "exploring" or "combat" modes.

Introductory Fluff
“Whatever grace is given me, let it pass to him." -Galadriel

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, King James Bible.

Many are the gifts the gods and other powers grant. The cleric, the paladin, the favored soul, the warlock and many others are each given a different sort of gift, usually in exchange for their service. But none are called to give their gifts away in quite as personal a way as the grace-gift. Most of the blessings that the grace-gift are entrusted with to pass along to his fellows are invisible to the untrained observer. Those with skill in the arts of war may notice that the grace-gift strikes a little harder when a foe tries to move past them to get at those they protect. Those with knowledge of spells may discern the import of gestures that the grace-gift make. Those with sharp eyes may note the companions of such an individual seem to be blessed with the ability to escape danger, while the grace-gift themselves seems as hapless as a untrained man. Even the correlation between the wounds opening on the grace-gift when their companions are struck in oddly mild ways, or the tendency of the grace-gift to collapse to the ground even as their allies take to the sky may escape most. So also, their tendency to go oddly still at the very moments that their allies move with amazing speed can be easy to miss. Grace-gifts have been known to enter into stories and legends as burdens that great heroes chose to shepherd through danger. Nothing could be further from the truth; a true grace-gift is NEVER a burden. If they literally become the unsung hero it is because of the inability of the collective consciousness to retain fiddling details, the arrogance of their compatriots, or their own humility (or desire to play upon the first aspect to retain a tactical edge over the foes they face with their companions).

DracoDei
2013-12-08, 06:35 PM
Adventures: Grace-gifts adventure to protect. Some protect out of altruism, others to maintain order (possibly including the sort of order than claims that the weak should never be given equal footing with the strong). Those who follow gods of specific races often are motivated by desire to protect those races, both as a whole, and individuals of that race.

Characteristics: Grace-gifts are granted great protection (grace) by the god or force that has chosen them. While an inexperienced grace-gift might be easy to strike in combat, they will be less likely to be mortally wounded than almost any other character of equal power. It is the "gifting" part of their name that truly sets them apart as they extend the grace granted to them to those nearby. From nursing a sick child rapidly back to health, even as they themselves are likely to catch the disease in question, to taking on the very weight of gravity in the stead of a brave comrade, a grace-gift takes the concept of "a friend in need is a friend indeed" to whole new heights.

Alignment: The desire to protect that goes hand-in-hand with the powers of a grace-gift requires either altruism, or, more rarely, a dedication to order, but without altruism. Thus most grace-gifts are Good of some variety or another, and the remainder are Lawful.

Religion: Grace-gifts are as religious as paladins, and they tend to follow gods with the Good, Law, and/or Protection domains.

Background: The background of the grace-gift is much like that of the paladin, with the exception that they require no especial training, and thus often lack mentors or masters before they become settled into their powers(AKA reach first level). Many NPC grace-gifts find service as healers, tending to the sick, others enter into service as bodyguards. While lacking in much ability to deter harm or slay attackers, they make up for it with their ability to protect against poisons simply by sitting beside their charge as they eat and drink gesturing frequently.

Races: Grace-gifts vary from races to race only in-as-much as the alignments that they live by do.

Other Classes: Paladins, and clerics of compatible alignments get along very well indeed with grace-gifts. If a grace-gift supports a person (or at least their actions at the moment) they will go to great lengths to aid them. Almost any other class can gain strength when supported by a grace-gift, and that is enough for the grace-gift. Few are ungrateful for such aid. In return grace-gift truly appreciates help in return, especially help that lets them endanger themselves less when they share their own blessings. The wizard who provides a Mage Armor, or cleric with Shield of Faith, thus allowing the grace-gift to grant whoever needs it at the moment their own ability to turn aside attacks is appreciated, as is the sorcerer who casts fly on a physically strong grace-gift so that the grace-gift can keep up when he bears both the sorcerer and the gnomish bard aloft. Of course, everyone loves the cleric when he is healing them, but when the wound is one literally taken for a mutual friend, the bond only grows the deeper.

Role: Grace-gifts serve much the same defensive roles as the buffing ability of a wizard, cleric, or defensively specialized fighter(this last, obviously, doesn't involve much buffing). A lot of their abilities are mutual exclusive, but this simply means that they can change roles from round to round as needed.[/SPOILER]

Abilities: Charisma is important for many grace-gift abilities. Strength is very helpful for good use of the Carry the Burden ability, which allows you to lift your allies into the air by accepting the burden of gravity in their stead. Dexterity and Constitution are important because you have few protections against weapons (especially initially), and what defenses you DO have, you often will want to give away from time to time. You will also be loaning others the benefits of your base saving throws, so, together with Wisdom, these will ensure that you can survive doing so (but their benefits in this second regard are strictly secondary to charisma once you move beyond your initial array of abilities and gain the Divine Grace class feature).

Code of Conduct
Committing individual Chaotic or Evil acts has no effect on a grace-gift in and of itself, but they must dedicate themselves to either Good or Law. This choice is made upon gaining their first level in this class, and can not be changed. If they ever are not of the selected alignment they lose all grace-gift abilities with the exception of weapon and armor proficiencies and bonus feats. However, any feats with the [Grace-Gift] tag cease to provide any benefit regardless of if they were taken as grace-gift bonus feats. Their base saving throw bonuses from this class are also all reduced to 0. They may not progress any farther in levels as a grace-gift. They regains their abilities, saves, [Grace-Gift] bonus feat functionality and advancement potential if they returns to an acceptable alignment and then atones for her violations (see the atonement spell description), as appropriate.

DracoDei
2013-12-08, 06:38 PM
Main Table, Auxiliary Tables, Skills, Hit-Points, and Armor and Weapon Proficiencies.

Alignment: Any Good and/or Any Lawful

Starting Gold: 6d4 x 5 gp (75 gp on average)
Starting Age: As per fighter.

Hit-die
d12

Class Skills:
The class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are: Balance(Dex), Climb(Str), Concentration(Con), Craft(Int), Diplomacy(Cha), Heal(Wis), Jump(Str), Knowledge[Local] (Int), Knowledge[Nobility and Royalty] (Int), Knowledge[Religion] (Int), Profession(Wis), Ride(Dex), Sense Motive(Wis), Speak Language(N/A), Spellcraft(Int), Survival(Wis), Swim(Str), Tumble(Dex), Use Rope(Dex)

Skill Points at 1st Level
(4 + Int modifier) ×4. ((Bump this up to a 6+ Int base to reduce MAD?))

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
4 + Int modifier.

Main Table

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+2|Aura, Divine Protection(Deflection), Least Gifts, Swift to Protect, Defensive Strike (Damage Bonus), Bonus Feat(I), Life Saver(Stabilize, Long-term Care, Treat Bleeding Wound, Treat caltrop-etc wound)

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+3|Divine Grace, Bonus Feat(I), Helpful, Master of the Healing-ward

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+3|Defensive Strike(To-hit), Bonus Feat(I or II), Status 1/day, Courage, Carry the Burden(1 ally, levitate), Enhanced Defensive Strike(Magic), Hands of the Healer(Treat Blindness/Deafness, Ability Score Penalties)

4th|
+2|
+4|
+4|
+4|Bonus Feat(I or II), Life Saver(Treat Poison and Disease), Gift of Resistance(Penalty to 2 Save Types), Gift of Time(+20' movement)

5th|
+2|
+4|
+4|
+4|An Ounce of Prevention(At-Will), Carry the Burden(1 ally, fly), Gift of Breath, Gift of Protection (20' range), Gift of Soul, Helping Hand 1/day

6th|
+3|
+5|
+5|
+5|Defensive Strike(Class level x 1.5 damage), Gift of Time(Move Action), Hands of the Healer(Treat Ability Drain, Negative Levels, Level Drain)

7th|
+3|
+5|
+5|
+5|Bonus Feat(I to IV), Carry the Burden(2 allies), Enhanced Defensive Strike(1 alignment, Ghost-Touch, or Vicious), Gift of Resistance(Penalty to 1 Save Type)

8th|
+4|
+6|
+6|
+6|Divine Protection(15' Radius), Gift of Time (20' range), Status 2/day

9th|
+4|
+6|
+6|
+6|Bonus Feat(I to V), Gift of Life(Raise Dead), Gift of Resistance(Boost Multiple Saves)

10th|
+5|
+7|
+7|
+3|Carry the Burden(3 allies), Defensive Strike(Class level x 2 damage), Gift of Shielding (Swift or Standard Action), Gift of Time(Only Requires a Full-Round action)

11th|
+5|
+7|
+7|
+7|Bonus Feat(I to VI), Enhanced Defensive Strike(Adamantine), Hands of the Healer(remove drained levels up to 1 week/grace-gift level), Shield of the Soul

12th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+8|
+8|Divine Protection(Sacred/Profane), Gift of Time (30' range), Helping Hand 2/day

13th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+8|
+8|Gift of Life(Resurrection), Hands of the Healer(Take 10), Matchless Loyalty, Mobile Defender

14th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+9|
+9|Bonus Feat(I to VII), Carry the Burden(4 allies), Gift of Protection(30' range for single target), Status At-Will

15th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+9|
+9|Enhanced Defensive Strike(2 alignments, Ghost-Touch, and/or Vicious), Gift of Shielding (Immediate, Swift or Standard Action), Gift of Time(Grant Swift, Standard, OR Move Action)

16th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+10|
+10|Defensive Strike(Class level x 3 damage), Shield of the Soul(Area)

17th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+10|
+10|Bonus Feat(I to IX), Carry the Burden(5 allies), Gift of Foresight, Gift of Life(True Resurrection)

18th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+11|Divine Protection(Insight), Gift of Time (40' range)

19th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+11|Bonus Feat(I to IX), Shield of the Soul (class level+10)

20th|
+10/+5|
+12|
+12|
+12|Gift of Time(Give Move+Standard action), Gift of Resistance(Half Penalties)[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
The Grace-gift is proficient with one type of simple melee weapon OR with one type of melee weapon that naturally deals subdual damage(such as a whip or sap, or one-handed/two-handed versions of a sap) OR with nets*. They are also proficient with Bolas, but ONLY when making trip attacks with them rather than attempting to deal damage.
*Due to the way I hear that Pathfinders rules allow AoOs to be used for tripping and grappling, selecting this option requires expending the first level bonus feat to select in Pathfinder.

If they pick nets, then, for purpose of threatened areas for attacks of opportunity they treat nets as a melee weapon with reach. Thus they can strike opponents 10 feet away with it. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, it can be used against an adjacent foe. They do not provoke attacks of opportunity when making an attack of opportunity of their own with a net.

They are proficient with light armor but not with shields.

Because the somatic components for a grace-gift's spell-like abilities are simpler than those used by wizards and sorcerers, a grace-gift can use those abilities while either unarmored or wearing light armor without needing to roll for arcane spell failure. However, like almost all arcane spell casters (and despite the fact that they themselves are divine spellcasters), a grace-gift wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield incurs a chance of spell failure (all their spell-like abilities, have somatic components unless otherwise noted). A multi-class grace-gift still incurs the normal arcane spell failure chance for arcane spells received from levels in other classes.

Base Attack Bonus, Saves, Bonus Feats and Passive and/or Strictly Out of Combat Abilities(Work in Progress)
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+2|An Ounce of Prevention (1/level), Aura, Bonus Feat (I), Defensive Strike(Damage)

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+3|Defensive Strike(To-hit), Divine Grace, Bonus Feat(I), Master of the Healing-ward

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+3|Bonus Feat(I or II), Courage, Enhanced Defensive Strike(Magic), Hands of the Healer(Treat Blindness/Deafness, Ability Score Penalties), Status 1/day

4th|
+2|
+4|
+4|
+4|Bonus Feat(I or II), Life Saver(Treat Poison and Disease)

5th|
+2|
+4|
+4|
+4|An Ounce of Prevention (At-Will), Gift of Soul, Helping Hand 1/day

6th|
+3|
+5|
+5|
+5|Defensive Strike(Class level x 1.5 damage), Hands of the Healer(Treat Ability Drain, Negative Levels, Level Drain)

7th|
+3|
+5|
+5|
+5|Enhanced Defensive Strike(1 alignment, Ghost-Touch, or Vicious)

8th|
+4|
+6|
+6|
+6|Status 2/day

9th|
+4|
+6|
+6|
+6|Bonus Feat(I to V), Gift of Life(Raise Dead)

10th|
+5|
+7|
+7|
+3|Defensive Strike(Class level x 2 damage)

11th|
+5|
+7|
+7|
+7|Bonus Feat(I to VI)(, Enhanced Defensive Strike(Adamantine), Hands of the Healer(remove drained levels up to 1 week/grace-gift level)

12th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+8|
+8|Helping Hand 2/day

13th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+8|
+8|Gift of Life(Resurrection), Hands of the Healer(Take 10), Matchless Loyalty

14th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+9|
+9|Bonus Feat(I to VII), Status At-Will

15th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+9|
+9|Enhanced Defensive Strike(2 alignments, Ghost-Touch, and/or Vicious)

16th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+10|
+10|Defensive Strike(Class level x 3 damage)

17th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+10|
+10|Bonus Feat(I to IX), Gift of Life(True Resurrection)

18th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+11|-

19th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+11|Bonus Feat(I to IX)

20th|
+10/+5|
+12|
+12|
+12|-[/table]

DracoDei
2013-12-08, 06:44 PM
Spellcasting and Supernatural Abilities: Unless otherwise noted, all spell-like and supernatural ability of this class that require an action (even a free action) to use:

Are divine (opposed to arcane).
Have a swift action casting time.
Have a duration of Swift Action Concentration, (but see below).
DO NOT require concentration checks for ongoing damage, or damage taken outside of the action needed to maintain them.
Have somatic components.
Qualify as divine versions of the spells they duplicate for purposes of qualifying for prestige classes, feats, etc and can be modified as such as if they were both a spell and a spell-like ability by class features, feats (but noting that grace-gift (lite)s lack spells per day that can be sacrificed to power basic metamagic feats with level adjustments higher than +0), and items (such as Rod of Maximize).
Despite the divine nature of their abilities they incur an arcane spell-failure chance if used with medium or heavy armor and/or a shield for actively using almost all of their class abilities. The grace-gift (lite)'s active class abilities lack verbal components unless based on a spell with verbal components. The grace-gift (lite)'s caster level is equal to his class level and his saving throws (on the rare occasions someone attempts a save against one of his abilities) are equal to 10 + the (equivalent) spell level of the effect + their charisma modifier.

If an ability has both continuous(unless transferred, or simply continuous) functions and ones that require an action to use, then the above applies only to the portions of the abilities that requires actions.

Class Abilities

Bonus Feats:
At various levels the grace-gift (lite) gains a bonus feat from the following lists. When taken in this way they do not need to meet the character level, ability score, base attack, maneuver/stance knowledge, or saving throw prerequisites of that feat. Prerequisites that take the form of other feats are required only for feats that are also on one of these lists. For example: the Improved Blocker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113722) feat requires the Combat Reflexes and Blocker feats, but, if taken in this manner does not require a +10 BAB, nor the Combat Expertise feat. They DO have to meet any class level requirements. For the bonus feats granted at first and second class levels only feats from List I may be selected.

At later levels access to more lists is granted as follows:
3rd and 4th: I or II.
7th: I to IV.
9th: I to V.
11th: I to VI.
13th: I to VII. (but the next bonus feat isn't until 14th level)
17th and 19th: Any non-epic list.

List I:

Blind-fight
Burden Bearer*
Combat Casting
Devoted Bulwark(ToB)
Die Hard
Disease Resistance
Diving Evasion(Requires 1 Rank of Tumble.)
Dodge
Endurance
Evasive Reflexes(ToB)
Force of Will (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#forceOfWill)(Requires Iron Will.)
Great Fortitude
Hostile Mind (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#hostileMind)
Improved Divine Protection*
Improved Toughness
Iron Heart Aura (ToB)
Iron Will
Lightning Reflexes
Mental Resistance (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#mentalResistance)
Mobility(Requires Dodge.)
Mind Over Body (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#mindOverBody)
?Open Minded? (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#openMinded)
Plague Bane*
Poison Resistance
Psionic Hole (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#psionicHole)
Rapid Metabolism (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#rapidMetabolism)
Sidestep Charge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#sidestepCharge)(Requires Dodge. Special: If taken as a grace-gift (lite) bonus feat the bonuses to Defensive Strike/Enhanced Defense Strike do NOT apply to this attack.)
Skill Focus(Concentration)
Skill Focus(Heal)
Skill Focus(Tumble)
Shielded Defender
Stoic Defender*
Stone Power(ToB)
Touch of the grace-gift (lite)*
Up the Walls (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#upTheWalls)(Requires you to either have a power point reserve or have psi-like abilities.)
?White Raven Defense(ToB)?

List II (grace-gift (lite) level 3):
Blocker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113722)(Requires Combat Reflexes.)
Plague-Bane*

Improved Plague-Bane* (Requires Plague-Bane.)

List III (grace-gift (lite) level 5):
Combat Expertise(SPECIAL: When taken in this way this feat requires 5 ranks in Tumble)
Improved Gift of Protection*
Improved Swift to Protect*

List IV (grace-gift (lite) level 7):
Cloak Dance (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#cloakDance)
Energy Defense*(???)

List V (grace-gift (lite) level 9):
Doubled Gifts*
Master of Motion*

List VI (grace-gift (lite) level 11):
Armored Defender*
grace-gift (lite)'s Toughness, Least* (Requires Improved Toughness.)((Considering moving this whole feat chain back two class levels and adding a final one that gives +8/level.))
Improved Divine Grace* (Note this requires Great Fortitude, Improved Divine Protection, Iron Will, and Lightning Reflexes.)
Tripled Gifts*

List VII (grace-gift (lite) level 13):
Bountiful Gifts*
grace-gift (lite)'s Toughness, Lesser* (Requires grace-gift (lite)'s Toughness, Least, and Improved Toughness.)
Greater Shield of the Soul*
Improved Touch of the grace-gift (lite)*

List VIII (grace-gift (lite) level 15):
Endless Gifts*
grace-gift (lite)'s Toughness* (Requires grace-gift (lite)'s Toughness, Lesser, which, in turn, requires two other specific feats.)

List IX (grace-gift (lite) level 17):
grace-gift (lite)'s Dodge* (Requires Dodge)
grace-gift (lite)'s Toughness, Improved* (Requires grace-gift (lite)'s Toughness, which, in turn, requires three other specific feats.)

*These feats are new and specific to the class.

Divine Protection(Su): The grace-gift (lite) adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to her AC as a deflection bonus. In addition, a grace-gift (lite) (lite) increases this bonus by 1 at 4th level. This bonus increases by a further 1 for every four grace-gift (lite) (lite) levels thereafter (+2 at 10th, +3 at 15th, and +4 at 20th level). If the grace-gift (lite) does not have a charisma bonus, the level-based bonus still applies. If the grace-gift (lite) has levels in any other class then the total AC bonus after combining these two sources is capped at the grace-gift (lite)'s class level.

See Gift of Protection under Least Gifts for further information.

Least Gifts(Sp):

Gift of Protection(Sp):A grace-gift (lite) may transfer some or all of the AC bonus from Divine Protection (the total of his charisma bonus and the level-based increase) to any single ally within 10 feet as a swift action. This transfer lasts until the grace-gift (lite) fails to renew it on his turn as a swift action or the grace-gift (lite) is out of range of the target. The amount of this bonus on a given character may be dispeled (on the recipient, not the grace-gift (lite)), but the grace-gift (lite) may use a swift, move, or standard action to restore the amount lost to the recipient on his turn. This is equivalent to a spell of spell level equal to half the grace-gift (lite)'s class level (minimum 1, maximum 9). No more than one instance of this transferal may be in effect at any one time. This usage of this ability counts as the ability to cast shield of faith for purposes of qualifying for prestige classes, feats, etc.

At 5th level the range of the single-target version of this ability increases to 20'.

At level 8 the grace-gift (lite) may instead have this benefit apply to all allies within a 15 foot spread of himself. In such a case the amount of the bonus given to the allies is 2 points less than that sacrificed by the grace-gift (lite) (minimum 0). The rules for dispelling this are the same, except that each target is considered a separate spell for that purpose (rolled individually, etc). This usage of this ability counts as the ability to cast legion's shield of faith for purposes of qualifying for prestige classes, feats, etc.

At 14th level the range of the single-target version of this ability increases to 30'.

Gift of Resistance(Sp): At 1st level the grace-gift (lite) may, as a swift action, take a penalty to one of his saves between 1 and their base save bonus for one round. Whenever within a 10 foot emanation from of the grace-gift (lite) all allies gain a bonus to the selected type of save for that same round equal to 1 + the amount of the penalty taken by the grace-gift (lite). Allies further than 10 feet away, but within a 30 foot emanation when making a saving throw of that type gain half this bonus. This transferal is equivalent to a spell with level equal to half the amount of the close-range bonus available (minimum 1, and regardless of if any allies are in range to receive the bonus). This counts as the ability to cast resistance for purposes of qualifying for prestige classes, feats, etc.

At 7th level the grace-gift (lite) may use this ability two per activating action. Each sub-activation must apply to a different save, and the grace-gift (lite) may select a different value for the penalty(and related bonuses) for each.

At 11th level the grace-gift (lite) may use this ability up to three times per each activating action. Again, each sub-activation must apply to a different type of save, and a different value may be selected for ach.

At 20th level the grace-gift (lite) only takes half the penalty/penalties (this has no effect on the progression of the bonuses they may provide).

Gift of Shielding (Sp): The grace-gift (lite) may cast Shield Other (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shieldOther.htm) at-will with the following changes:

The casting time is a swift action.
The duration is concentration. It may NOT be dismissed.
The focii may be omitted, but in such a case no bonus to AC is granted and the maximum amount of damage that may be prevented per round (and thus the maximum that may be taken by the grace-gift (lite)) is capped at the grace-gift (lite)'s charisma modifier times 5.
No bonus on saves is provided.

At class levels 1 and 2 this is equivalent to a first level divine spell. At class levels 3 and above it is considered a 2nd level divine spell and counts as the ability to cast shield other for the purposes of qualifying for prestige classes, feats, etc..

At 10th level this ability may be cast as either a standard action or as a swift action. It may not be in effect on more than one target at a time. The duration on all existing targets must expire before it can be re-cast, but the gap is too small for even a readied action to take effect on the targets during this lapse (however the grace-gift (lite) (lite) them-self could be targeted to try to interrupt the renewing action).

At 15th level this ability may also be cast as an immediate action provided it is not already in operation. In such a case the duration is until the start of the grace-gift (lite) (lite)'s turn(so if the first thing they do on their turn is renew the effect, then there is no instant where an enemy can attack with a readied action or whatever to by-pass it). It may not be in effect on more than one target at a time. The duration on all existing targets must expire before it can be re-cast.

Carry the Burden(Sp): As a swift action the grace-gift (lite) may take the weight of gravity from one of his companions (NEVER HIMSELF) within a number of feet equal to his caster level times his charisma modifier times five. Initially this can have any one of the following effects:

A Feather Fall effect that last though any number of landing (but only 1 round).
The target character is only considered lightly encumbered by weight. Note that this can allow the target to carry more than they normally could, including if their strength score has been reduced. This has no effect on the non-weight based encumbering effects of armor.
Cause a character wearing medium or heavy armor to only count as wearing light armor for purposes of movement speed, class features, running multipliers, etc. This also reduces arcane the total arcane spell failure chances from armor+shield by 10%, increases the maximum dexterity limit of the medium or heavy armor by 1, and halves the armor check penalty. None of this has any effect on weight-based encumbrance.
As #3 above, but instead causing a character wearing light armor and/or a light or heavy shield to count as wearing none of those things for purposes of movement, class features, etc, and completely negating arcane spell failure chances and armor check penalties for said armor and shield.

This ability qualifies as a 1st level divine spell.

In all cases (including those options gained at later levels), for the duration of this effect the grace-gift (lite)'s load is increased by (the weight of the target and all the target's load)/2. If the weight taken ever causes the grace-gift (lite)'s current load maximum encumbrance they fall prone and are considered pinned for all purposes except maintaining this effect. In addition, if the grace-gift (lite)'s total encumbrance is at least twice their maximum encumbrance they take 1d8 damage per round then maintain this ability.

At 3rd level a 5th option is gained that is a lot like a levitate spell. Specifically, it is as follows:

Carry the Burden, Lesser
Transmutation
Level: grace-gift (lite) 2 (Divine)
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Range: Medium (100 ft + 10ft/lvl)
Target: One willing creature (No weight limit, but see below)
Duration: Swift action Concentration* (D)
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: No
*With the normal caviats about grace-gift (lite) concentration.

This ability allows another creature to move itself up and down as it wishes. The target can mentally direct itself to move up or down as much as 20 feet each round; doing so is a move action. This effect does not allow the recipient to move horizontally in and of itself, but they could clamber along the face of a cliff, for example, or push against a ceiling to move laterally (generally at half its base land speed).

A levitating creature that attacks with a melee or ranged weapon finds itself increasingly unstable; the first attack has a -1 penalty on attack rolls, the second -2, and so on, to a maximum penalty of -5. A full round spent stabilizing allows the creature to begin again at -1.

At 5th level this can instead function as a Fly (www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fly.htm) spell with the following changes:

The casting time is a swift action.
The duration of the effect is swift action concentration, or until the target exits the range (including by force or voluntary movement of the grace-gift (lite) or the target). As usual, no concentration checks are required for ongoing damage, nor for damage that occurs outside the swift action to maintain the spell.
The target falls at normal speed if the effect ends rather than slowly. This means they may (and in fact are quite likely to) take damage. NOTE HOWEVER that if the grace-gift (lite) continues to renew the effect every round, and does not delay their initiative, then the effect is considered continuous as long as the target remains in range.
The range is the aforementioned amount, not touch.
It requires no focus or divine focus, and the somatic component is waived if the grace-gift (lite) is only renewing it on targets he used it on the previous round.
It is a divine spell (still of 3rd level) instead of an arcane spell.

The weight transfer works as before.

At 7th level the grace-gift (lite) may target two separate allies at once with this ability, however the weight is cumulative. If used in this way it its effective spell level is increased to 4th. The version of this ability applied to each ally need not be the same.

At 10th level this increases to three separate allies. If used in this way it its effective spell level is increased to 5th.

At 14th level this again increases to four separate allies, if used in this way its effective spell level is increased to 7th.

Finally, at 17th level this increases to five separate allies, if used in this way its effective spell level is increased to 9th.
[/SPOILER]
Swift to Protect(Ex): Before initiative is rolled a grace-gift (lite) may declare he is using the first part of this ability. He gains a bonus to his initiative equal to his levels in this class, but during his first turn in that combat may only take movement actions, draw one or more weapons, and/or use the abilities of this class (including Defensive Strikes, for instance if a held action provokes one) or grace-gift (lite) feats that involve action use OTHER than GET OFF OF THEM!!!.

Regardless of if he uses the above, when acting during a surprise round a grace-gift (lite) may take a swift action instead of a standard or move action.((Considering putting in high-level ability that lets them sacrifice the initiative bonus but still take all penalties until the end of their first FULL turn. This would allow them to act during a surprise round that they would not be able to otherwise. HOWEVER they can't move, and still count as flat-footed etc as if they had not been able to act during that round.))

Defensive Strike(Ex): A grace-gift (lite) who made no offensive actions* EXCEPT for AoOs that qualify for this ability during his previous turn (if any) adds his class level to the damage he inflicts on attacks of opportunity that are NOT during his turn OR are provoked by readied actions, and which are provoked by:

movement that would not take the target of the attack of opportunity further away from all of the grace-gift (lite)s allies. Familiars, psi-crystals, animal companions etc of the grace-gift (lite) never count for this purpose, and a mount the grace-gift (lite) is riding only counts it does not fall into the above set of categories (familiars etc) and has an intelligence score of 3 or higher.
attacks (including but not limited to spell-casting) targeted at the grace-gift (lite)'s allies.

*In this case "offensive actions" does NOT only include direct action such as striking with a weapon, casting a spell targeting a foe or whose area or effect includes a foe but also indirect action, including, but not limited to: summoning monsters and having them attack, cutting the ropes holding a rope bridge while enemies are on the bridge, remotely triggering traps, opening a portcullis to release attack dogs, and so forth.

At 3rd level, when making such attacks of opportunity, the grace-gift (lite) counts his BAB from this class as being equal to his levels in it for purposed of determining his total attack bonus, and adds his charisma BONUS to all attack rolls for such attacks of opportunity. (For those of you who get weirded out by BAB changing, replace that part with a (class level +1)/2 bonus to such attack rolls... it works out to the same thing).

At 6th level the grace-gift (lite)'s bonus to damage on such attacks of opportunity increases to 1.5 times his class level.

At 10th level the grace-gift (lite)'s bonus to damage on such attacks of opportunity increases to twice his class level.

At 16th level the grace-gift (lite)'s bonus to damage on such attacks of opportunity increases to three times his class level.

Life Saver(Ex): The grace-gift (lite) may always take 10 on heal checks to stabilize another character, treat bleeding wounds, provide long-term care, or treat foot wounds of the sort resulting from caltrops, spike growth, spike stones, and similar spells and effects regardless of stress or distractions. A number of times per day equal to their class level they may instead take 20 on such a check, without increasing the amount of time required.

At 4th level they may take 10 on heal checks made to treat poison and disease regardless of stress or distractions.

Divine Grace (Su): At 2nd level, a grace-gift (lite) gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws. This does not stack with similar class abilities from the paladin, blackguard, or crusader. ((Cap this at class level for GGs with more than 1 class?))

Helpful(Ex): When making a skill check (www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/usingSkills.htm#aidAnother) or to-hit roll (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#aidAnother) to Aid Another a grace-gift (lite) of at least 2nd level may always take 10, regardless of stress or distractions. This does not allow them to use "trained only" skills that they do not have skill ranks in.

At 6th level the bonus on attack roll applies to all attacks by the selected ally on the selected enemy for the next round. or the bonus to AC applies to all attacks by the selected enemy on the selected ally for a similar period. The bonus on skill checks increases to +3 if the grace-gift (lite) accepts a +3 to the DC of his aid-another check (regardless of if they take 10 on it).

At 10th level the grace-gift (lite) gains several bonuses to Aid Another:

The bonus to skill checks may be increased to +4 if the grace-gift (lite) accepts a +6 to the DC of his aid-another check (regardless of if they take 10 on it).
All AC and to-hit bonuses from Aid-Another by the grace-gift (lite) increase to +3.
When using the aid another combat action the grace-gift (lite) may select one of the following options:

They may apply the bonus to all ranged attacks made by a single ally on the selected opponent. The ally does not need to be engaged in melee combat with the selected, but the opponent must still be one the grace-gift (lite) could make a melee attack on.
They may apply the bonus (AC or to-hit as the case may be) to an unlimited number of allies who meet the PHB requirements for being the recipient of the benefits of the aid another combat action.

At 15th level the bonus from the aid another combat action increases to +4 and the bonus from the aid another use of skills increases by +1 regardless of whether the grace-gift (lite) uses any of the other ways that this ability allows him to increase the bonus granted. This means that when going against a DC 10 skill check the grace-gift (lite) provides a +3 bonus, a successful DC 13 check yields a +4 bonus, and a successful DC 16 skill check grants a +5 bonus to the person being aided.
In addition, once per day, they may take 20 on one or the other sort of aid another check without increasing the time required.

At 20th level the bonus from the from the aid another combat action increases to +4 and the bonus from the aid another use of skills increases by a total of +2 regardless of whether the grace-gift (lite) uses any of the other ways that this ability allows him to increase the bonus granted. This means that when going against a DC 10 skill check the grace-gift (lite) provides a +4 bonus, a successful DC 13 check yields a +5 bonus, and a successful DC 16 skill check grants a +6 bonus to the person being aided.
They may take 20 on any combination of 3 aid-another checks per day, instead of merely once per day, mixing freely between the combat action and the skill-use option. This still does not increase the amount of time required.

Master of the Healing-ward(Ex): When providing long-term care a grace-gift (lite) of at least 2nd level may provide for a number of additional patients equal to half of his grace-gift (lite) level.

Using this ability causes the eight hours per day required to use those uses of the skill to count as strenuous activity rather than light activity.

Courage(Ex): Beginning at 3rd level, a grace-gift (lite) is immune to fear (magical or otherwise) for himself. Fear for those he cares about functions against him normally. Note that spells that do not specify (or explicitly allow the caster to specify) the rationalization for the fear that they create never qualify as causing fear for another person. This ability tends to make torturing a grace-gift (lite) pointless, as, unless they make a conscious and reasoned decision to do otherwise, they will not even give the torturer the satisfaction of crying out.

Enhanced Defensive Strike (Su):At 3rd level a grace-gift (lite)s defensive strikes are empowered by divine energy. All his defensive strikes* are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction and/or regeneration and for striking incorporeal creatures.

At 7th level the grace-gift (lite) may select one alignment component that he has (Chaotic, Evil, Good, or Lawful) to add to all his defensive strikes* for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction, regeneration etc. Alternatively he may elect to treat his defensive strikes as if they were made with a ghost touch weapon for purposes of determining if the attack hits/is possible in the first place. As a third alternative he may elect to gain the option to add 2d6 damage to his defensive strikes, at the cost of taking 1d6 damage himself whenever he uses this option (cf the vicious weapon enhancement and stacking with it). In any of these cases this choice is permanent once made. In the case of Ghost Touch with a net, on a successful AoO the effect lingers until the target is no longer in the net.

At 11th level all defensive strikes made by the grace-gift (lite) are treated as if made with an adamantine weapon for purposes of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction, regeneration etc.

At 15th level the grace-gift (lite) selects an additional alignment component, the ghost touch effect, or vicious effect to add to all his defensive strikes. The same effect may NOT be selected twice. Once again, this choice is permanent once made.

*A defensive strike is defined as any attack that qualifies for the bonuses of the defensive strike class ability.

Gift of Time(Sp): At 4th level a grace-gift (lite) may grant an additional moment to act to a single ally within 10 feet(however the grace-gift (lite) and the target do not need to REMAIN within this range of each other after this effect is cast...). The grace-gift (lite) may expend a move action to grant an ally within 10 feet a 20 foot bonus to their base speed for all forms of movement they have for one round. This may not increase any base speed to more than double its starting amount, and a given ally may only benefit from one movement rate increase from a grace-gift (lite) per turn. As with any effect that increases your speed, this spell affects your jumping distance (see the Jump (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/jump.htm) skill). This usage of this ability counts as the ability to cast both Longstrider and Expeditious Retreat as divine spells for purposes of qualifying for prestige classes, feats, etc.

At 6th level if he instead takes no other actions on his turn a grace-gift (lite) may do more with this ability. This may not be combined the additional actions or attacks from with Haste, True Haste, weapons of speed, etc., in such a case the target must choose which single effect to benefit from in that way at the beginning of their turn. Numerical benefits to armor class etc still apply from one such effect, even if the additional move action for this ability is selected. This usage of this ability counts as the ability to cast haste as a divine spell for purposes of qualifying for prestige classes, feats, etc.

At 6th level this more powerful use may only grant the target character an additional move action on their next turn. This action may be taken in any order with other actions but may neither interrupt nor be interrupted by other actions by that character.

At 8th level the range of all applications of this ability increases to 20 feet.

At 10th level the more powerful versions of this ability requires only a full-round action to use.

At 12th level the range of all applications this ability increases to 30 feet.

At 15th level when using the full-round version of this ability the grace-gift (lite) may instead chose to grant an additional swift or standard action (or they may grant an additional move action, as before).

At 18th level the range of all applications this ability increases to 40 feet.

At 20th level the grace-gift (lite) may grant a move action AND a standard action when using the full-round version of this ability. These may be granted to a single target, or to two separate targets. ESPECIALLY NOTE THAT THESE MAY BE COMBINED INTO A FULL ROUND ACTION BY THE TARGET IF BOTH ARE GIVEN TO THE SAME TARGET.

Gift of Life (Sp): All uses of this ability require the same material components and have the same casting times as the spells they duplicate. In all cases if the grace-gift (lite) does not have a constitution score they may substitute an equal amount of burn to strength AND half that amount of burn to charisma.

At 9th level a grace-gift (lite) may take 4 points of constitution burn to cast Raise Dead.

At 13th level a grace-gift (lite) may take 6 points of constitution burn to cast Resurrection.

At 17th level a grace-gift (lite) may take 8 points of constitution burn to cast True Ressurection.

Shield of the Soul(Su/Sp): At 11th level the grace-gift (lite) gains spell resistance equal to their class level + 5 as a supernatural ability.

As a swift, move, or standard action spell-like ability they may transfer this for one round, with a +5 additional bonus, to an ally within 10 feet. This transferal is equivalent to a divine spell of 5th level. If, when transferred to someone other than the grace-gift (lite), the bearer of this spell resistance has spell resistance from another source that is equal to or greater than that granted by this ability, that applies against any given thing, then that other spell-resistance (against that specific effect) is instead increased by half the grace-gift (lite)'s class level. Naturally, only one character may benefit from this spell-resistance at a time. For instance the grace-gift (lite) can not use all three types of actions to grant spell-resistance to three different targets (but see below).

At 16th level, as a move or standard action spell-like ability this instead benefits all their allies (BUT NOT THEMSELVES) within a 10 foot emanation centered on the grace-gift (lite). All allies further away than 10 feet, but within a 30 foot emanation of the grace-gift (lite) instead receive the spell resistance without the +5 bonus or the ability to have it apply as a bonus to another source of spell-resistance. When used in this way the transferal's equivalent spell level increases to 8th.

At 19th level, the grace-gift (lite)'s may improve his spell resistance to class level +10 as a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity. This increase lasts until he takes another full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity to switch it back to the lower level (which can be useful for generating synergy with other sources of spell resistance when giving away this spell resistance).

Matchless Loyalty(Ex): At 13th level the grace-gift (lite) automatically breaks completely free of any mind-affecting effect the instant before it would otherwise cause him to cause harm to any creature he considered an ally at the moment he initially succumbed to said effect. Among other things this can reverse the effects of Mind Rape.

Gift of Foresight(Sp): At 17th level a grace-gift (lite) you may cast foresight at-will on others only. You may only have a number of such effects in place at one time equal to one third your charisma modifier rounded down (minimum 1). You may dismiss a single casting of this spell as a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

DracoDei
2013-12-08, 06:46 PM
NEW Feats
Standard Format Index of New Feats
Anchoring Defense
---Extradimensional Defense
Armored Defender
Burden Bearer
Chaotic Defense
???Defensive Trip???
Diving Evasion
Doubled Gifts
---Tripled Gifts
------Bountiful Gifts
---------Endless Gifts
Energy Defense
Enhanced Material Defense
---Strike Anything Defensively
Evil Defense
Good Defense
Grace-Gift's Dodge
Grace-Gift's Toughness, Least
---Grace-Gift's Toughness, Lesser
------Grace-Gift's Toughness
---------Grace-Gift's Toughness, Improved
GET OFF OF THEM!!!
Heavy Breather
Divine Protection, Improved
---Divine Protection, Greater
Improved Gift of Resistance
---Improved Divine Grace
Improved Gift of Tolerance
Improved Healing Acceleration((Need to roll this into the main class))
Improved Shield of the Soul
---Greater Shield of the Soul
Improved Swift to Protect
Improved Mobile Defender
Lawful Defense
Mage-Slayer, Lesser
Master of Motion
Plague-Bane
---Improved Plague-Bane
??Protecting Paladin??
??Protector's Reward??
Sacrificial Defense
Shielded Defender
Stoic Protector
Touch of the Grace-Gift
---Improved Touch of the Grace-Gift
---Disaster's Bane
Martyr's Power

The Feats Themselves

Anchoring Defense [Grace-Gift]

You can seriously impede even the most elusive of foes.
Prerequisites: Enhanced Defensive Strike with Ghost Touch.
Benefits: When you hit an incorporeal creature with a defensive strike, it must make a will save with a DC of 10+1/2 grace-gift level+charisma modifier. If it fails it loses the incorporeal quality for 1d3 rounds. If it is currently at least partially within a solid object it is shunted out to the nearest open space that can fully contain it, taking 1d6 damage per 5 feet so traveled.
Special: A character with at least 7 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats. You may take this feat more than once, each time after the first, the DC of the save increases by 3.

Extradimensional Defense [Grace-Gift]
Even teleportation can not protect aggressors.
Prerequisites: Anchoring Defense, Grace-Gift Level 11, Enhanced Defensive Strike with Ghost Touch.
Benefits: An opponent who uses a [teleportation] spell or effect to arrive withing your threatened area provokes an attack of opportunity from you, this attack of opportunity gains the benefits of Enhanced Defensive Strike. If they are arriving within there own reach plus 5' of an ally this attack of opportunity counts fully as a Defensive Strike.
Special: A character with at least 11 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

Armored Defender [Grace-Gift]
You can work around the problems of wearing a bit more protection.
Prerequisites: Grace-Gift Level 11, Proficiency with Medium Armor
Benefits: You do not suffer an arcane spell failure chance for grace-gift spells or spell-like abilities for medium armor. You may tumble in medium armor, but if you do so, the armor check penalty from the armor to the tumble roll is doubled.
Special: A character with at least 11 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

Burden Bearer [Grace-Gift]
"He's not heavy, he's my comrade."
Prerequisites: Carry the Burden class feature.
Benefits: Halve the amount of all load increases caused by your use of your Carry the Burden class ability.
Normal: Your load increases by the weight of the character(s) benefiting from your Carry the Burden ability plus the sum of their loads.
Special: This feat may be taken up to three times, its effects stack. The progression is 1/2, 1/4, 1/8. A grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

Chaotic Defense [Grace-Gift]
Prerequisites: Grace-Gift level 13, Enhanced Defensive Strike [Chaos].
Benefits: When you hit an non-chaotic creature with a defensive strike it is deafened for 1d4 rounds. If it has more hitdice than your Grace-Gift caster level it is allowed a Fortitude saving throw with a DC of 10+1/2 grace-gift level+charisma modifier to negate the deafness. Furthermore, if you are on your home plane, and the creature you strike is a nonchaotic extraplanar creature it must make a will save against the same DC (regardless of hit-dice) or be instantly banished back to its home plane. Creatures so banished cannot return for at least 24 hours.
Special: A character with at least 13 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats. You may take this feat more than once, each time after the first, the DC of the saves increases by 3.

???Defensive Trip??? [Grace-Gift]
"Hold It!"
Prerequisites: Defensive Strike class feature granting a to-hit bonus, Grace-Gift level 3
Benefits: If you are unarmed, or if you can make trip attacks with your weapon, you may substitute trip attempts for attacks of opportunity provoked by movement. You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when you attempt to trip an opponent in this way while you are unarmed. You also gain a +4 bonus on your Strength check to trip your opponent in this way and when using bolas to trip. These benefits do not stack with the benefits of the Improved Trip feat and you do not get a free attack on an opponent you successfully trip in this way, even if you also have the Improved Trip feat.
Normal: You can't make trip attempts as attacks of opportunity and trip attempts provoke attacks of opportunity.
Special: A character with at least 3(2?) levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

Diving Evasion [Fighter] [Grace-Gift]
Prerequisites: Tumble 1 rank, Dexterity 13, must be capable of being both standing and prone (not at the same time of course).
Benefits: When this feat is active, there is a direction that you could take a 5' step in without squeezing (regardless of other factors that might effect your ability to take 5' steps), and you are standing, you gain a +2 dodge bonus to your AC and a +2 bonus to reflex saves, however, any reflex save you make by less than 5 or any attack that misses you by less than 5 points causes you to become prone, and moves you 5 feet in a random direction that you could fit without squeezing. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

You may activate or deactivate this feat at any time (except during the process of an attack on you or you making reflex save). During your turn this is a free action, at any other time it is an immediate action.
Normal: You can't dive out of the way of attacks.
Special: A Fighter or Grace-Gift may take this feat as one of their class bonus feats.

Doubled Gifts [Grace-Gift]
You can grant your gifts somewhat more easily.
Prerequisites: Grace-Gift level 9
Benefits: Once per round, up to 3/day, you may exchange a standard action for a swift action, however this action can ONLY be used to cast a grace-gift SLA. In no case may you use a given SLA more than once per round by virtue of this feat.

Tripled Gifts [Grace-Gift]
You can grant your gifts very easily.
Prerequisites: Grace-Gift level 11
Benefits: Once per round, up to 3 times per day, you may exchange a move action for a swift action, however this action can ONLY be used to cast a grace-gift SLA. In no case may you use a given SLA more than once per round by virtue of this feat(even in combination with Doubled Gifts).

Also, you may use Doubled Gifts 6/day instead of 3/day, but still only once per round.

Bountiful Gifts [Grace-Gift]
Gifts flow from you like beer from a keg at a dwarven celebration.
Prerequisites: Grace-Gift level 13
Benefits: You may use Doubled Gifts a number of times per day equal to 3+half your grace-gift level. You may use Tripled Gifts a number of times per day equal to 1+one-third your grace-gift level. Neither may be used more than once per round each.
Special: A character with at least 13 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

Endless Gifts [Grace-Gift]
Gifts flow from you like water over a waterfall.
Prerequisites: Grace-Gift level 15
Benefits: You have no daily limit on the number of times you may use doubled gifts or tripled gifts.
Special: A character with at least 15 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

Energy Defense [Grace-Gift]
The energy of your protection manifests a bit more obviously than most grace-gifts.
Prerequisites: Enhanced Defensive Strike with an alignment type.
Benefits: Each time you make a defensive strike, you may change the bonus damage granted by your defensive strike class feature to one of the following that your defensive strikes are aligned to by your enhanced defensive strike class feature. Pick one at the time you take this feat. This can't be changed but you can take this feat again to add another option.

Acid, halve amount of bonus damage when using this option(Evil aligned strike)
Cold(Lawful aligned strike)
Fire(Evil aligned strike)
Lightning(Good aligned strike)
Non-lethal, this applies to all damage dealt by the strike, not just the bonus damage(Good aligned strike)
Sonic, halve amount of bonus damage when using this option(Chaotic aligned strike)

More importantly, you gain also gain resistance to the damage type equal to twice your grace-gift level(or four times your grace-gift level in DR/lethal damage if you gain the ability to deal subdual damage via this feat, but which does NOT apply against things such as hunger, thirst, cold and hot environments, etc). You may use a swift, move, or standard action to transfer this resistance or damage reduction to one ally within a number of feet equal to 10+Your Grace-Gift level, rounded down to the nearest multiple of 5. This transfer lasts for one round.
Normal: Your bonus damage from defensive strike is the same type as when you are not making a defensive strike.
Special: A character with at least 7 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats. You may take this feat more than once, each time select a different damage type that you qualify for your bonus damage.

Enhanced Material Defense [Grace-Gift]
Prerequisites: Grace-gift level 3, Enhanced Defensive Strike class feature.
Benefit: Select one(two?) material which a two-handed weapon for a medium sized may be made of for an additional cost of no more than 2,000 gp. When making defensive strikes your weapon counts as being made of that SPECIFIC material for by-passing damage reduction, regeneration, and other such defenses, or for special purposes involving a specific material (for instance if you have some sort of Vampire Hunter PrC that lets you stake vampires during AoOs on a sufficiently good roll, you might wish to select "wood" so that you can stake with metal swords and other piercing weapons of appropriate length). This is IN ADDITION to any other material(s) it is made of or counts as being made of. In no case does this allow your weapon to acquire a trait that could be acquired via enhanced defensive strike, such as flame-touched iron weapons counting as [Good]. In any case other common (and valid) choices include cold iron, alchemical silver(noting there is no penalty to damage with this option), Byeshk, or Targath.
Special: A character with at least 3 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats. This feat may be taken more than once. Each time you select a new (pair of) material(s).

Strike Anything Defensively [Grace-Gift]
Prerequisites: Grace-gift level 15, Enhanced Defensive Strike(Adamantine and two special features) class feature, Enhanced Material Defense emulating at least two different materials ((Give rebates on any excess instances?))
Benefit: Your defensive strikes ignore all damage reduction.
Special: A character with at least 15 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

Evil Defense [Grace-Gift]
Prerequisites: Grace-Gift level 13, Enhanced Defensive Strike [Good].
Benefits: When you hit an non-evil creature with a defensive strike it is dazed for 1 round. If it has more hitdice than your Grace-Gift caster level it is allowed a Fortitude saving throw with a DC of 10+1/2 grace-gift level+charisma modifier to negate the deafness. Furthermore, if you are on your home plane, and the creature you strike is a nonevil extraplanar creature it must make a will save against the same DC (regardless of hit-dice) or be instantly banished back to its home plane. Creatures so banished cannot return for at least 24 hours.
Special: A character with at least 13 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats. You may take this feat more than once, each time after the first, the DC of the saves increases by 3.

Good Defense [Grace-Gift]
Prerequisites: Grace-Gift level 13, Enhanced Defensive Strike [Good].
Benefits: When you hit an non-good creature with a defensive strike it is deafened for 1d4 rounds. If it has more hitdice than your Grace-Gift caster level it is allowed a Fortitude saving throw with a DC of 10+1/2 grace-gift level+charisma modifier to negate the deafness. Furthermore, if you are on your home plane, and the creature you strike is a nongood extraplanar creature it must make a will save against the same DC (regardless of hit-dice) or be instantly banished back to its home plane. Creatures so banished cannot return for at least 24 hours.

Grace-Gift's Dodge [Grace-Gift]
Prerequisites: Grace-Gift level 17, Dodge, Tumble 22 ranks, Divine Protection class feature granting you at least a +10 bonus to armor class(when you aren't giving it away).
Benefit: Once per round, when struck by an attack from an opponent you have designated as the object of your dodge, you may automatically avoid all damage from the attack.
Special: A character with at least 17 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

Grace-Gift's Toughness, Least [Grace-Gift]
Your body is a shield for those who need it, and a shield that can not take a few nicks is utterly worthless.
Prerequisites: Grace-gift level 11, Improved Toughness
Benefit: The bonus hit-points from Improved Toughness increase to +2/level. This change is retroactive for grace-gift levels previously gained, ?but not for levels of any other class you had at the time of taking this feat, although it does apply to levels of any class you later gain?.

Grace-Gift's Toughness, Lesser [Grace-Gift]
Your body is a shield for those who need it, and shields need to be strong.
Prerequisites:
Grace-gift level 13
Improved Toughness
Benefit: The bonus hit-points from Improved Toughness increase to +3/level. This change is retroactive for grace-gift levels previously gained, ?but not for levels of any other class you had at the time of taking this feat, although it does apply to levels of any class you later gain?.
Special: A character with at least 13 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

Grace-Gift's Toughness[Grace-Gift]
Some shields are better-made than others.
Prerequisites: Grace-gift level 15
Improved Toughness
Grace-Gift's Toughness, Lesser
Benefit: The bonus hit-points from Improved Toughness increase to +4/level. This change is retroactive for grace-gift levels previously gained, ?but not for levels of any other class you had at the time of taking this feat, although it does apply to levels of any class you later gain?.

Grace-Gift's Toughness, Improved [Grace-Gift]
Pain is only the sign that someone is making a feeble attempt to remove you from between them and those you protect.
Prerequisites: Grace-gift level 17
Improved Toughness
Grace-Gift's Toughness, Lesser
Grace-Gift's Toughness
Benefit: The bonus hit-points from Improved Toughness increase to +6/level(sic). This change is retroactive for grace-gift levels previously gained, ?but not for levels of any other class you had at the time of taking this feat, although it does apply to levels of any class you later gain?.
Special: A character with at least 17 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

GET OFF OF THEM! [Grace-Gift]
Attempting to overwhelm your teammates with numbers is... unwise.
Prerequisites: Grace-gift level 3, Defensive Strike class feature granting to-hit bonus.
Benefit: At its most basic level you may use a full-round action to make a single melee attack on each enemy that is within your threatened area that has at least one ally (NOT COUNTING YOURSELF) within its threatened area and has made a melee attack against at least one of your allies (AGAIN, NOT COUNTING YOURSELF) since your last turn (or the start of combat if it is your first turn). These attacks are made at your full BAB and gain the to-hit bonus from Defensive Strike and half of the damage bonus of Defensive Strike. If you have the Enhanced Defensive Strike ability these attacks also have all the benefits of that ability to which your class levels and feats entitle you.

When you use the GET OFF OF THEM!!! feat, you also forfeit any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats, spells, or abilities.

If your grace-gift level is at least 6 when using this ability you may instead make these attacks as a standard action.

If your grace-gift level is at least 11 and you are actually using a full round action to use this ability, then you make two such attacks on each such enemy.

If your grace-gift level is at least 16 then you may make two such attacks on each such enemy as a standard action.

Remember, you can not use this feat on your first turn in any combat in which you use Swift to Protect.

Special: A character with at least 3 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

Heavy Breather [Grace-gift]
With practice, breathing for two becomes much easier.
Prerequisites: Gift of Breath class feature.
Benefits: Halve Constitution penalties for each character you are breathing for via "Gift of Breath", minimum 1 in the case of each such character.
Normal: You take penalties to constitution when breathing for other characters as per the appropriate chart.
Special: A character with at least 5 levels of grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats. This feat may be taken up to three times, its effects stack. The progression is 1/2, 1/4, 1/8. The minimum constitution penalty for each creature you are breathing for remains unchanged.

Divine Protection, Improved [Grace-gift]
Your protection from threats as simple as a blade is strong.
Prerequisites: Grace-gift level 1
Benefits: When you use your Divine Protection class feature to grant at least 1 point of armor class bonus to a SINGLE ally the granted bonus is then increased by 2. When using the multitargetting version of Divine Protection, the targets gain (bonus sacrificed -1) instead of (bonus sacrificed -2) armor class.
Special: A grace-gift may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

Divine Protection, Greater [Grace-gift]
Your protection from threats as simple as a blade is strong.
Prerequisites: Grace-gift level 9?, Divine Protection, Improved
Benefits: When you use your Divine Protection class feature to grant at least 3 points of armor class bonus to a SINGLE ally the granted bonus is double what you sacrifice. When using the multitargetting version of Divine Protection, the targets gain (bonus sacrificed +1) armor class.
Special: A grace-gift of at least ?9th? level may take this feat as one of his grace-gift bonus feats.

DracoDei
2013-12-08, 06:48 PM
(Reserved for Suggestions for Game Play)

DracoDei
2013-12-08, 06:52 PM
Dec. 8th 6:50 PM - Copy Pasting stuff in, much trimming down needed...

DracoDei
2013-12-08, 06:55 PM
Much trimming down needed, in addition to copying in the second post's worth of feats once I have made room for them. Class abilities will be first to get a first pass, followed by the table, and next feats. Feats may need to be rewritten into class feature options with options for specific feats (sorta like a Rogue's special abilities).