PDA

View Full Version : need help finishing deciding which way to go with build

morkendi
2013-12-08, 09:44 PM
Characters brother came back to town, so they started a new game. I had to work so came late. When I got there, they had no tank type character. I decided to go psywar. This is where I am at so far.

DM gave us all 2 free ECL. I chose feral and half giant. He is taking us through Castle Amber converted to 3.5.

Feral Half Giant psywar 7

Stats after magic items and such. Str 28, Dex 16, Con 20, Int 9, Wis 18, Cha 9

Feats are power attack, combat expertise, combat reflexes, improved trip, knockdown, cleave.

Powers so far expansion, inertial armor, bite of the wolf, hustle, body adjustment, str of my enemy, vampiric blade.

Got plate +3, Large great axe +2, and crown that gives +6 to str so far.

My normal tactics are to use pounce from feral template to land within my reach range after getting off expansion which I normally augment before combat to last 10 minutes per level. I use hustle to get an extra move action to pull back and repeat when needed. I take advantage of reach and knockdown when able. I am doing pretty good damage for the level we are at as well as locking down opponents. My only thing is deciding where to go from here. I can do the ranger into slayer, but I want to do something different. I would like to take advantage of my movement with pounce and hustle.