PDA

View Full Version : Lf a PRC for e6

Yogibear41
2013-12-08, 10:01 PM
Is there anyway to get 2nd level spells, or even 1st level spells more than just 0 or 1 per day, in e6 while having a full BAB and having your 1st and 2nd levels be fighter or barbarian or something like that.

so something like this:

1. Fighter
2. Fighter
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

I have found a handful of classes that I could take just for 6th level and get either 0 or 1 1st levels per day but would like to be able to get a few more if possible.

EDIT: I know about mystic ranger just seeing if I can find anything else.

Bonus points if its Charisma based

Techwarrior
2013-12-08, 10:07 PM
Play a duskblade.

Callin
2013-12-08, 10:27 PM
Spend feats on one of the feats from Comp Arcane that gives 0 lvl spells, then Precocious Apprentice. You will get 1 2nd level spell.

edit: and i misread the OP. So Disregard.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-12-09, 01:01 AM
Mystic Ranger gets 3rd level spells at its 6th level, without losing any of the standard Ranger benefits other than delaying most of the other class features by a level. Take Sword of the Arcane Order (and also Magical Training for a spellbook) and you can prepare Wizard spells in your Ranger spell slots. Combine it with Wildshape Ranger and get Extra Wild Shape and Natural Spell and you can be a Fleshraker dinosaur who can cast spells and do everything a 6th level Ranger could do.

A_S
2013-12-09, 01:15 AM
I can't imagine not banning Mystic Ranger in E6. Seriously.

Why do the first two levels need to be Fighter?

Yogibear41
2013-12-09, 04:27 PM
They aren't actually fighter, basically its a homebrew class/races racial hit die.

Talya
2013-12-09, 07:02 PM
I can't imagine not banning Mystic Ranger in E6. Seriously.

Mystic Ranger doesn't get Improved Combat Style in E6.

What it does get is 3rd level spells, and full BAB. I actually think it's a great class for E6. You can't multiclass out of it to go with MoMF or anything if you take the wildshape variant, or you lose that 3rd level spell slot.

Since you're limited to the Ranger spell list, you actually don't get anything overpowered, you just get to actually use some signature ranger spells that you otherwise wouldn't get.

What needs banning in E6 isn't Mystic Ranger, but rather the Sword of the Arcane Order feat that people usually take with it. It's not exceedingly powerful in a regular d20 game because you're capped at 5th level spells, but in E6, it would leave the Mystic Ranger just a wizard with full BAB and a d8 hit die, which means nobody would ever play a wizard.

Helcack
2013-12-09, 07:54 PM
Be able to take able learner and then take the chameleon prc at level 6? You would lose 1 BAB, but have access to 0th, 1st, and probably one or more 2nd level spells.

Crake
2013-12-09, 08:26 PM
Play a duskblade.

Duskblade with max ranks in UMD somehow, and a +UMD item, along with UMD'd runestaves and knowstones. That should about cover it.

A_S
2013-12-09, 09:16 PM
What needs banning in E6 isn't Mystic Ranger, but rather the Sword of the Arcane Order feat that people usually take with it.
Yeah, you're probably right about that.