PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Best Spell Lists?

HaikenEdge
2013-12-08, 10:34 PM
Hypothetically, if one was playing a Warmage/Rainbow Servant//Something/Eldritch Master (Yes, I know this requires PrCs on both sides of the progression, but this is a hypothetical situation), what spell lists would be the best ones to add via the Eldritch Master's Spell Dilettante ability? For those unfamiliar with the ability, it's as follows:

At 4th level, the eldritch master can choose on other character class whose spell list she can choose from when selecting new spells that are known to her as she gains levels. At 8th level, she can select a second such class. Once a class has been chosen, it cannot be changed. Even if the character class chosen is divine in nature, the spells count as arcane for the eldritch master. This is a supernatural ability.

Since it's possible to get the Ranger spell list, along with either the Paladin or Bard spell list using the prestigious versions of the classes, what would be the best class lists to learn via Spell Dilettante? I imagine Sorcerer/Wizard and Druid would be high up on the list, but if I were to take three levels of Uncanny Trickster and stretch the class out to 12 levels, the class could conceivably gain Arcane Dilettante again (since eldritch master basically gets it every four levels).

In short, I'm trying to figure out how to rank the spell lists. I imagine (by looking at the tier lists) that the Cleric, Druid and Sorcerer/Wizard would be essential to have, but after that, it kind of gets fuzzy with the Shugenja and Wu Jen lists, along with all the partial caster lists.

Helcack
2013-12-09, 01:31 AM
I think one for higher and one for lower would make sense... Maybe Trapsmith for the useful spells at low level slots, and the Wizard/Sorceror for high level slots?