PDA

View Full Version : Dragonborn with multiple aspects?

Catman
2013-12-08, 11:12 PM
I'm making a Dragonborn (fire-elf) Duskblade, and I want him to breath fire!! So I'm taking to Heart Draconic Aspect. But I'm greedy and want to fly, too :smallbiggrin:. So, I'm looking at the Dragon Wings feat in RoD. That gives me a glide speed of 30ft. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to progress life the Wings Aspect does. Can I gain both aspects?

OldTrees1
2013-12-08, 11:16 PM
Draconic Aspect(Heart) + Dragon Wings[Feat] + Improved Dragon Wings[Feat]

or

Draconic Aspect(Wings) + Levels in Dragonfire Adept

or (questionable)

Raptorian + 5 levels + Dragonborn for Draconic Aspect(Heart)

Catman
2013-12-08, 11:24 PM
Ah ha! The simple answer and an interesting idea (the third). I refuse play simple, straightforward characters :)

Darrin
2013-12-08, 11:56 PM
I'm making a Dragonborn (fire-elf) Duskblade, and I want him to breath fire!! So I'm taking to Heart Draconic Aspect. But I'm greedy and want to fly, too :smallbiggrin:. So, I'm looking at the Dragon Wings feat in RoD.

You may also want to look at the very last paragraph on page 10. There are only two 1st-level only feats that require the dragonblood subtype, guess which one of them might be...

(This works best with a feat granted as a class ability. Oh, look at what Duskblades get at 2nd level.)

shaikujin
2013-12-08, 11:58 PM
Getting dragonborn breath aspect and then getting flight from class levels, items, templates (see unseelie fet from Dragon Compendium) is a lot easier.

If you really want both aspects, rules wise - I think it might be possible to take Dragonborn template with the Wings aspect, then once you can fly, do the dragonborn ritual of rebirth again to get the breath aspect.

While you lose all other racial special qualities, you specifically get to keep flight (and other movement modes).

It's a convoluted way to do it though. And Dragonborn flight isn't really that good.

Big Fau
2013-12-09, 07:13 AM
or (questionable)

Raptorian + 5 levels + Dragonborn for Draconic Aspect(Heart)

Nothing questionable about it. Dragonborn allows the character to keep alternate movement modes granted by the base race.

OldTrees1
2013-12-09, 02:06 PM
Nothing questionable about it. Dragonborn allows the character to keep alternate movement modes granted by the base race.
However the alternate movement mode is granted via a racial trait (which Dragonborn removes)

Personally I think it works but it is not universally accepted and both interpretations are logical.