PDA

View Full Version : Spellscale Factotum

Catman
2013-12-08, 11:37 PM
I'm wondering if a Spellscale would make a decent Factotum. It's a flexible race and a flexible class. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this? Or Spellscales in general, I've never played one.

Thurbane
2013-12-08, 11:49 PM
Would their blood quickening rituals work with SLAs ?

I think Kiloren could also make interesting Factotums.

Fouredged Sword
2013-12-09, 07:28 AM
Decent, yes. Decent is't a high bar though. The con penalty hurts, but they would be able to do the whole skillmonkey thing as they have a normal int score.

Falcon X
2013-12-09, 01:51 PM
I played a Spellscale recently and loved it. The naturally flamboyant personality was something that the party loved.
I played a Duskblade, and the Bahamut pluses to damage made a lot of difference when combined with my spells.

The versatility of the Spellscale can really go well with Factotum, but some of the blood meditations may not feel worth it. When you are already pushing high numbers in your skills, the small numbers rarely seem worth it.

Arcane: However, if you're going into a situation where you need that one awesome spell, and you need to use it Still, it can be great.
The great thing about Factotum's casting is that he can imitate anything. It's pretty sweet to be able to throw metamagic in there too.

Flavor: The ever-changing interests of the Spellscale fit well with a Factotum's versatility.

Do it!