PDA

View Full Version : Feral Shadow Walker

GhengisConrad
2013-12-08, 11:56 PM
So... Shadow Walker from Forgotten Realms: Unapproachable East. I would like VERY much to apply it to a feral (from Savage Species) Character; however RAW is 'monstrous humanoid' and Shadow Walker is applied to any humanoid... can anyone think of a reason why a Feral Human could also add the Shadow Walker template?

GhengisConrad
2013-12-09, 10:24 AM
Sorry to 'double post', but I would cry tears of absolute joy if there was some text, some where, that would permit me to somehow have a feral human shadow walker... as far as I can tell however, shadowwalker is a strictly 'acquired' template, whereas feral is strictly 'inherited'

Sewercop
2013-12-09, 10:38 AM
My only guess are reincarnate shenannigans or the human heritage feat.
races of destiny page 152.

If you are not a humanoid, your type changes to humanoid and you gain the human subtype. Is part of the text..

OR dustform and reincarnate construct

herrhauptmann
2013-12-09, 01:09 PM
So... Shadow Walker from Forgotten Realms: Unapproachable East. I would like VERY much to apply it to a feral (from Savage Species) Character; however RAW is 'monstrous humanoid' and Shadow Walker is applied to any humanoid... can anyone think of a reason why a Feral Human could also add the Shadow Walker template?

Feral is only applied to a monstrous humanoid right? (orcs, bugbears, gnolls, etc) Does it change your type?
SW is applied to any humanoid right? orcs are still humanoids.
I don't see the problem.

If it's still an issue, check out Dark, I think in ToM.

Karnith
2013-12-09, 01:16 PM
Feral is only applied to a monstrous humanoid right? (orcs, bugbears, gnolls, etc) Does it change your type?Feral can only be applied to Humanoids and Monstrous Humanoids, and it changes the base creature's type to Monstrous Humanoid, if it wasn't that already. Shadow Walker can only be applied to creatures with the Humanoid type. Since Feral is an inherited template and Shadow Walker is an acquired template, you can't combine them without cheese (e.g. Savage Species rituals).

If it's still an issue, check out Dark, I think in ToM.
As a warning, the Dark template, while thematically similar, is very different from a mechanical standpoint.