PDA

View Full Version : Racial Feats

Gamereaper
2013-12-09, 12:16 AM
What kind of racial feats can a Mongrelfolk get?

Can they get all human feats since they're human or all racial feats since they can emulate all races?

Bullet06320
2013-12-09, 12:17 AM
based on their nature, I would allow any racial feats, makes flavor sense anyways

Jeff the Green
2013-12-09, 12:24 AM
They're Humanoid (human), so human racial feats.

XionUnborn01
2013-12-09, 01:13 AM
I could see allowing multiple racial feats on a mongrelfolk, but I would put a limit on how many different races to show their 'dominant' ancestry. maybe 3 different ones max.

cakellene
2013-12-09, 01:38 AM
I could see allowing multiple racial feats on a mongrelfolk, but I would put a limit on how many different races to show their 'dominant' ancestry. maybe 3 different ones max.

What about treating it like the half race paragon classes and say once you pick a racial feat from a certain race, it locks out racial feats from all other races.

XionUnborn01
2013-12-09, 01:44 AM
What about treating it like the half race paragon classes and say once you pick a racial feat from a certain race, it locks out racial feats from all other races.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the paragon classes. That would probably be the best way to do it seeing as it's kind of a similar precedent.

Admiral Squish
2013-12-09, 02:19 AM
I think mongrelfolk are a mechanically sub-par choice, so allowing them access to any racial feat would make them a more appealing option. Of course, subject to the DM's whims, and only humanoid racial feats, nothing for monstrous humanoid/giant/abberation races.

Gamereaper
2013-12-09, 11:08 AM
only humanoid racial feats, nothing for monstrous humanoid/giant/abberation races.

Hence why I said humanoid.

Changelings fall under this category though, what happens when a Mongrelman takes a shape change feat that doesn't say shape change as a prerequisite?

XionUnborn01
2013-12-09, 12:10 PM
Hence why I said humanoid.

Changelings fall under this category though, what happens when a Mongrelman takes a shape change feat that doesn't say shape change as a prerequisite?

Can you cite a feat like this? I'm not sure where to even look for them but I would guess that if the shape change isn't prerequisite, it isn't bad for them to have.

Gamereaper
2013-12-09, 07:24 PM
Can you cite a feat like this? I'm not sure where to even look for them but I would guess that if the shape change isn't prerequisite, it isn't bad for them to have.

http://dndtools.eu/feats/races-of-eberron--10/disturbing-visage--644/

If I would technically qualify for this feat and it's prerequisites, does that mean I get shape change for the purposes of the feat only?

Flickerdart
2013-12-09, 07:31 PM
http://dndtools.eu/feats/races-of-eberron--10/disturbing-visage--644/

If I would technically qualify for this feat and it's prerequisites, does that mean I get shape change for the purposes of the feat only?
No, it means you can qualify for the feat but not use it. A fighter can take Still Spell, but has no means of employing it; he doesn't gain the ability to prepare spells because of it.