PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a speculative build for Tarquin?

shockeroo
2013-12-09, 05:50 AM
I'm really interested in seeing what Tarquin's build might look like; the Class/Levels Geekery thread only lists what is known for sure, which isn't a great deal. He seems to shrug off just about everything whilst being able to own the order with axe, sword, whip or dagger... I'm guessing there are probably a lot of magic items involved, but my knowledge of high level D&D is pretty poor. Please enlighten me with your educated guesswork. :)

Trillium
2013-12-09, 05:54 AM
Try the thread about Haley's broken arm - there was a nice version of Tarquin's build, which makes him pretty cool.

Imperii
2013-12-09, 10:22 AM
Try the thread about Haley's broken arm - there was a nice version of Tarquin's build, which makes him pretty cool.

So, I've just been looking high and low in that thread, and I cannot find it. It seems inconsiderate for you to bother posting in here if you cannot be bothered to link to build you mention.

Quartz
2013-12-09, 11:19 AM
I'm thinking along the lines of Ftr 8+ / Mk 12-14 or Kt 8+ / Mk 12-14, or maybe Kt 8 / Mk 12-14 / Ftr 0+. Monk for the huge saving throws and abilities, and Knight for his leadership, specifically the 'Call to battle' class feature. Monks don't lose much by wearing armour: the Wis bonus to AC, the Flurry of Blows, and fast movement. They lose BAB compared to a pure Fighter or Knight, but a Kt 8 / Mk 12 has a BAB of 17, which isn't much of a drop. Tarquin hasn't demonstrated the Quivering Palm ability, nor Timeless Body which puts him at Monk 14th level max. I could see him taking a couple of levels of Fighter at levels 21 and 22 for the Epic Prowess feats.

OTOH if his recent attack on Haley is any guide then he might have the Crippling Strike class feature, for which he'd need to have 4 more rogue levels than her, so maybe Ftr 2+ / Rog 20+?

Kornaki
2013-12-09, 01:38 PM
It's very likely that Tarquin is a warblade or swordsage with some feats or items to grant extra maneuvers. Setting Sun maneuvers can account for all the times that he throws people for example, and the different effects that those throws have on people. His thwack on Durkon in the temple ambush could have been dazing strike.

Trillium
2013-12-09, 03:06 PM
So, I've just been looking high and low in that thread, and I cannot find it. It seems inconsiderate for you to bother posting in here if you cannot be bothered to link to build you mention.

My bad, I was in a hurry, and I mixed up threads.
Here's the post I was referring to. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16573611&postcount=22)