PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Genie PC [3.5]

JW86
2013-12-09, 08:51 AM
Hey,

In the latest instalment of our epic, OTT 3.5 campaign, our level 20-25 PCs are now all Dragons after having had a private ritual with Tiamat. We can switch between our original and dragon form at will. Yay.

So we just flew en-masse to a nearby kingdom (we rule a kingdom of our own), to talk to their King.

My Orc Barbarian Dragon King Zakulnar Thrombeksson, now a glorious Mature Adult Blue Dragon, was greeted by their King, who hastily offered up his daughter in marriage.

Thing is - their king is a genie, and just *created* the daughter there and then. As such, my PC got to specify what he wanted in a wife, like a mail order bride.. yup. I specified a 'human-like, 7-8ft. tall, blue woman, fierce, kind and strong'.

So, DM has stated I get to choose 10 class levels to stack on top of 'whatever levels adjustment and racial hitdie and stuffyou get for a Genie'. I don't think he's concerned about her being OP at this point in the campaign, as we are all epic, world-changing characters literally charged by the Dragon Gods with saving the multiverse.

The Genie is to effectively be my cohort. Her name is Crystal.

So, um. How do I even go about creating a Genie PC?

Also, technically, as she is of noble birth, would that make her an Efreeti? :)

Would the "Jann" be a good choice? Found at bottom of: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/genie.htm

Very much out of my depth here - help, please!

Thank you.

Segev
2013-12-09, 08:56 AM
Honestly, the kind of genie should be something you ask the DM about. It is likely that the "father" created his "daughter" to be the same type he is.

If it's up to you... 7-8' tall and blue sounds like a Marid, but you'll have to ask somebody else where to find their 3.5 stats. I only have them for 2e.

JW86
2013-12-09, 09:15 AM
Marid, ok. Seems to be in the Manual of the Planes. Not exactly crafted for PC use, but seems to have 11 outsider HD and number of SLAs. Will run it by DM.

Psyren
2013-12-09, 09:36 AM
Also, technically, as she is of noble birth, would that make her an Efreeti? :)

No, Efreet are an entirely different creature altogether and are almost always evil.

Genie basics - there is one type for each element (plus a 5th), as follows, in order of strength from strongest to weakest.

Marid = Water
Fire = Efreet
Air = Djinn
Shaitan = Earth
Jann = All, closest to humanity.

Each has its own kind of nobility as well, as per Manual of the Planes (and statted in Pathfinder.)

Noble Marid = Shahzada
Noble Efreet = Malik
Noble Djinn = Vizier
Noble Shaitan = Pasha
Noble Jann = Amir

Would the "Jann" be a good choice? Found at bottom of: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/genie.htm

Very much out of my depth here - help, please!

Thank you.

If you're in a high level campaign - definitely not, Janni are unfortunately the weakest type of genie as I mentioned above. Being made of all 4 elements makes them the easiest for humans to relate to, but it also weakens their power considerably. The others tend to boss them around a bit. Janni also can't grant wishes, even noble Jann.

JW86
2013-12-09, 07:49 PM
Thanks, I will be basing it off a Marid after checking in with the DM. So 11 outside hit die, plus 10 class levels. Sweet. Thank you.:smalltongue: