PDA

View Full Version : What goes with a cerebremancer?

Demonikus Aber
2013-12-09, 09:56 AM
Recently I made a cerebremancer, and my friends are wanting me to DM a game with said character, but they can't find anything that would go with. I'm looking for a couple of classes that won't be stepping on anyones toes. I'm all open to any suggestion.

Psyren
2013-12-09, 10:20 AM
Do you mean other classes/builds?The same that would go with any other cloth-wearing Int-based primary caster, e.g. a meatshield most of all, or a skillmonkey, or face.

Rubik
2013-12-09, 11:21 AM
Recently I made a cerebremancer, and my friends are wanting me to DM a game with said character, but they can't find anything that would go with. I'm looking for a couple of classes that won't be stepping on anyones toes. I'm all open to any suggestion.Since you're DMing, why not extend cerebremancer to fill out your 20 levels? Otherwise, legacy champion.

PraxisVetli
2013-12-09, 12:19 PM
Ardent, Dread Witch and Nightmare Spinner with a full dose of Cerebromancer works well in my experience.

Can you squeeze enough lvls in 20 to do something like a Duskblade Ur-priest and Cereb?

Rebel7284
2013-12-09, 12:23 PM
I would go with feta. Yummy greek feta. Goes great with cerebremancer.

:)

Psyren
2013-12-09, 12:49 PM
It's important to remember that you don't need dual 9s on a Cerebremancer for it to be good. The most important abilities from the Psion side - action economy stuff like Schism, Synchronicity and Temporal Acceleration - all of that is available to you with 13 levels of Psion. In addition, Practiced Manifester alone gets you to 17 so you can throw out max-power Astral Constructs, Dominates, extend various buffs etc. And finally, when you DO want to be a max-power psion, you can simply cast Mental Pinnacle and become a Psion 20 - you can only manifest the 5 listed powers from items, but any powers you know innately are still accessible.

Demonikus Aber
2013-12-10, 09:53 AM
what book is the practiced manifester in?

Thank you guys for your help :)

Psyren
2013-12-10, 09:56 AM
what book is the practiced manifester in?

Thank you guys for your help :)

Complete Psionic