PDA

View Full Version : Maps & Battle Grids for a City Campaign?

Palanan
2013-12-09, 11:14 AM
I'm putting together a city campaign, and I need suggestions for map resources for a late medieval/renaissance-era city. I'm especially interested in larger maps that could be printed out at 24-36" on a side.

Interesting designs are always good, and high quality is even better. Does anyone have any favorites you could recommend?

00dlez
2013-12-09, 01:48 PM
Is there any flavor or aspects of the city you'd want to be included? Do you want it to have large, military walls? a river through the middle...or to the side? etc

unseenmage
2013-12-09, 01:59 PM
Hey look, free maps. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mwa/archiveall)

Palanan
2013-12-09, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by 00dlez
Is there any flavor or aspects of the city you'd want to be included? Do you want it to have large, military walls? a river through the middle...or to the side?

A river through the heart of the city would be perfect, in fact.

--And I should clarify I'm looking for two different kinds of maps: the first would be overall city maps, which would give a hawk's-eye view of the city's layout and districts, and which I could leave out for the players to consult.

The second would be encounter maps for buildings, promenades, street corners, river-docks, etc.--as many locations as possible, and ideally with a battle grid already layered in.

Originally Posted by unseenmage
*link to WotC maps*

I appreciate the suggestion, but those are actually a little small for what I'm looking for. Ideally I'd like larger maps, that would print out two or three feet on a side, with the grid already on a 1" = 5' scale.

And again, I'm looking for absolutely anything that would be appropriate for a city campaign. I'm looking for the widest possible range of venues, both to help fill out the storyline I'm developing, and to have on hand if my players do something completely unexpected.

:smalltongue: