PDA

View Full Version : Recreating Well Known Characters

KnotKnormal
2013-12-09, 01:35 PM
A little bit ago I posted for help on how to build the evil Prince from Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. (still don't know how to build him) But this got me thinking if it would be possible to build other epic famous video game characters, like Ezio, and Kratos. Feel free to add to the list.

Threadnaught
2013-12-09, 05:45 PM
I'll give a short and quick version of Ezio (compared to what I deleted earlier), so listen up and listen good.

Ezio's starting Attributes lack any penalties whatsoever. His primary combat stat Dexterity should be 18 due to the way he focuses on movement and swift strikes, Charisma should also be 18 considering all the women he charms into bed, Constitution should be enough for him to be able to be shot (with a gun) and fall from a tall building, and survive, without armour. His Strength is decent enough for him to wield and throw two handed great swords up to 20 feet, but he struggles to break through an enemy's guard through brute force alone. His Intelligence is high enough for him to understand some of what Leonardo says and to formulate his own plans, but he is no genius and struggles to understand how Leonardo can get anything to work. His Wisdom is high enough to grant him bonuses to Spot and Listen so he can find his targets in a crowd with ease and hear when Templar Stalkers are about to attack him, but he is no sage, though he gains more as he grows older in Revelations.
Str: 10>, Dex: 18-19, Con: 14>, Int: 10>, Wis: 10>, Cha: 18-19

I'd guess the Class is either Fighter, Rogue or a combination of the two. H has Sneak Attack, but requires Bonus Feats.

Feats: Here is where we begin to starve in our attempt to properly replicate Ezio. I'll list the Feat name and give a quick explanation of each.
Combat Reflexes: Two words, Counter Kills. Think of each Attack of Opportunity as a Counter.
Leadership: Two words, Assassin Apprentices. He'll require a Leadership Score of at least 10 to get 1st level versions of himself, so the build must be able to slaughter 1st level Warriors at 1st level. This is why Ezio is likely to be level 6. He most likely has a Leadership Score of 14 though, because of Great Renown (+2), Fairness and Generosity (+1) and the ability to resist and control the Apple of Eden/Special Power (+1). This would give him a 4th level Cohort, fifteen 1st level Followers and one 2nd level Follower, that's 17 Assassin Apprentices.
Track: Two words, Eagle Vision. I'm using a lot of two word names aren't I? Anyway, Ezio can use Eagle Vision, not just to Spot a potential target, but to see where they've been and track them. Hence why it's here.
Weapon Finesse: As someone who moves quickly during combat and focuses on dodging an enemy's attack before going in for the kill, Ezio should have this. Hey, I described an entire Feat without usaying "Two Words" at all... Damn it, well at least it's a decent build so far.

The above Feats should be set in Stone as the 4 Feats a 6th level Human may take via HD advancement. The next Feats should be considered if (and only if) any Bonus Feat slots have been earned.
Combat Expertise: He can fight off an entire legion of level 1 Warriors without taking a hit. When fighting defensively, there's little enemies can do to break his guard or land a hit.
Combat Expertise tree: A few other tricks Ezio has access to here.
Improved Unarmed Strike: He can fight men who are wielding almost any weapon type, while unarmed and win. He doesn't provoke AoOs while fighting unarmed. He waits for his enemies to do so.
Point Blank Shot: He is very capable of throwing a knife or using his gun in melee combat to get an edge over his enemies.
Point Blank Shot tree: Again, he can use his ranged weapons in melee range to gain a huge advantage over enemies, but there are a few other tricks here that Ezio can regularly take advantage of.

There you go, those Bonus Feat suggestions are the reason Ezio is such a Feat starved build. You get most of the character from the four Human HD Feats, but it doesn't hurt to get a few Bonus Feats. They give you better use of all his tricks.

Oh yeah, last of all I'd put him at 6th level just so he can get Leadership. He's already super human, any more levels and you're just being ridiculous. :smallwink:

Now that we've made a start on Ezio Auditore da Firenze, how about we set someone onto the task of VKP Agent Ashley Riot? Or Pandora's very own Firehawk, Lilith?

KnotKnormal
2013-12-09, 10:03 PM
very nice break down of Ezio, I would however raise his int to at least a 12 though. the number of skills he know would justify the higher stat.

JHShadon
2013-12-09, 10:26 PM
If you're using Pathfinder adding the Crane Style (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/crane-style-combat-style) feat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/crane-wing-combat) chain (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/crane-riposte-combat) would give Ezio a counter attack.