PDA

View Full Version : What ever became of...

BaronAA
2007-01-15, 04:20 PM
Those assassins that wanted to kill Roy as he was masquerading as the King of Nowhere?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0242.html

I can't help but think that if the Giant didn't want to use them again, he wouldn't have let them get away. Plus, they seem like they'd make a good pair of recurring characters.

onasuma
2007-01-15, 04:23 PM
No, i think they we're just an accuse to blow up the inn, and escaped so we didn't have to go through "What happened to the assassins?" strips, just to tie up a loose end.

The Extinguisher
2007-01-15, 07:09 PM
Keep in mind that there is still a lot of comics and plot lines left. It took forever for the Belt of Gender Changing to show up again.

CGM3
2007-01-15, 07:26 PM
And the shadowdancer wore that bandanna that covered the lower half of his face, so for all we know he might have made an appearance since then and we don't even know it! :smallsmile:

OmegaDonut
2007-01-15, 07:30 PM
The dwarf mentioned that because this was a stick-figure comic, there were no shadows for the shadowdancer guy to jump through, except for the shadow that appeared when the inn exploded.

What if there's no shadow at the other end to get out of?

Shadic
2007-01-15, 07:40 PM
He has to wait for another explosion, obviously.

Hephaestus
2007-01-15, 07:50 PM
Which won't show up until in the fight with Xykon in Azure City. That's when they show up again.

PirateMonk
2007-01-15, 07:54 PM
Julio already bombed the turrets.

HomerHT
2007-01-15, 10:09 PM
I bet they team up with Leeky and Pompey for some reason...

krossbow
2007-01-15, 10:21 PM
Heh; Nale could recruit them for muscle. Or Nale's father could hire them. Wait.... what if he already did, and Nale's father was the one behind the king of nowhere's attempted assasination?

Spiky
2007-01-15, 10:45 PM
They went after the king of nowhere. Duh.

Sometimes an NPC is just an NPC.

Setra
2007-01-15, 11:05 PM
I bet they team up with Leeky and Pompey for some reason...

That's somewhat possible.

The_Old_Fox
2007-01-15, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I too wonder about those guys. I suppose if they will come up at all it will be the next time that the OotS takes a rest from their quest, and since they are gearing up to leave, it won't be for a while, if ever.

Ganjuu-kun
2007-01-17, 01:15 PM
After they jumped into the shadow they got eaten by a parsley-nutmeg hybred. They won't be coming back :smallbiggrin: .

Twilight Jack
2007-01-17, 01:22 PM
After they jumped into the shadow they got eaten by a parsley-nutmeg hybred. They won't be coming back :smallbiggrin: .

Actually, you may be on to something. The shadowdancer's ability requires shadow at both point A and point B of the teleportation. The assassins spend some time wandering the shadow plane, looking for a shadow from which to re-emerge, with the dwarf bitching the whole time about the uselessness of shadowdancing in a stick figure comic. Finally, the shadowdancer finds a shadow and leaps back into the world . . . right in front of the only other shadow we've seen consistently, the Creature in the Darkness!

emPty
2007-01-17, 01:33 PM
Hmm, shadow= dark right?

They were probably eaten by a grue.

Blood
2007-01-17, 04:14 PM
As far as I know, there has only been one shadow (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0387.html) since the explosion of the inn.

It's just another loose end in the twisted knot of loose ends. A bit like the Snarl, really. :smallbiggrin:

Hel65
2007-01-17, 04:20 PM
I hope they show up somewhere randomly. Maybe if OOTS go get Haley's father out they'll be there making another silly assassination.

Cleverdan22
2007-01-17, 04:40 PM
Actually, you may be on to something. The shadowdancer's ability requires shadow at both point A and point B of the teleportation. The assassins spend some time wandering the shadow plane, looking for a shadow from which to re-emerge, with the dwarf bitching the whole time about the uselessness of shadowdancing in a stick figure comic. Finally, the shadowdancer finds a shadow and leaps back into the world . . . right in front of the only other shadow we've seen consistently, the Creature in the Darkness!

That's what I was just thinking!

The Familiar
2007-01-17, 06:04 PM

I like it!