PDA

View Full Version : How about a journal sub-forum?

G.Cube
2013-12-09, 05:25 PM
I have to sift through pages and pages to find campaign journals I haven't read yet, and hoogle fu just turns up journals from the first page of the appropriate sub-forum. Maybe I'm the only one who enjoys reading them this much, but they seem out of place lodged in between all of the mechanics questions of the gaming sub-forums.

So, would anyone else enjoy a campaign journal sub-forum?

Palanan
2013-12-09, 08:15 PM
I'd second this notion. There are some really entertaining campaign journals which tend to be lost to sight fairly quickly, especially if Real Life holds up the gaming for a while. A separate subforum would make it easier to find them again.

And I agree, they do seem out of place among the random hubble of mechanics and build discussions.

Kalrany
2013-12-11, 06:46 PM
Can others cast a vote on this?
+1
good idea

Jimorian
2013-12-12, 12:41 AM
Because of a desire to keep things as simple as possible, I believe the stated threshold for creating a new subforum is not whether the subcategory gets lost within a forum, but whether the subcategory has begun to overwhelm the forum in question. There may very well be exceptions, but that's how I'd bet for the answer to this question.

Shades of Gray
2013-12-12, 06:26 AM
I believe the answer will be that if you wish to follow a certain journal you should subscribe to it. Making a new subforum requires a great deal of moderator effort and I don't believe campaign journals are that overwhelming.