PDA

View Full Version : Superior Vigor (PEACH)

Max Caysey
2013-12-09, 05:44 PM
Hi guys I was thinking of expanding the Vigor spell line further and was thinking to just continue the pattern as is is, but my question is, how would that go then?

Lesser Vigor gives fast healing 1 at level 1
Vigor gives fast healing 2 at level 3
Greater Vigor gives fast healing 4 at level 5

That tells me that for every two levels you get a doubling of the amount of fast healing... Thus meaning that my own Superior Vigor would be a level 7 spell and give fast healing 8.

And then continuing this; "Perfect" Vigor would give fast healing 16 at level 9.

What are your thoughts on this???

Thanks you all!

Seerow
2013-12-09, 05:51 PM
Honestly all of the vigor spells are overpriced. But if you want to make a level 9 spell that gives fast healing 16, by all means go for it, it won't unbalance the game.

Doesn't change the fact that your 7th level version takes over 2 minutes to heal 20% more than the 6th level Heal spell does as a standard action, and your 9th level version is literally using a 9th level spell to gain fast healing equivalent to what a CR5 Hydra has passively.

Max Caysey
2013-12-10, 06:36 AM
Honestly all of the vigor spells are overpriced. But if you want to make a level 9 spell that gives fast healing 16, by all means go for it, it won't unbalance the game.

Doesn't change the fact that your 7th level version takes over 2 minutes to heal 20% more than the 6th level Heal spell does as a standard action, and your 9th level version is literally using a 9th level spell to gain fast healing equivalent to what a CR5 Hydra has passively.

I have a plan of extending the Healthful Rest spell line too. So creating spells that more than doubles the amount of natural healing. I was thinking of maxing it at level 9 giving 5 times the normal amount of natural healing. That would give 16x5 for two level 9 spells = 80 fast healing.

Chronos
2013-12-10, 10:28 AM
As opposed to, say, two Mass Heals? Fast Healing 80 to the entire party just might be worth a single 9th-level spell. No way that having it on one character is worth two.