PDA

View Full Version : Spells/things to watch out for as a deathless

Yogibear41
2013-12-10, 02:28 AM
So other than the obvious negative energy effects that target a horrible fort save or a well placed disintegrate, what are some of the worst spells that a deathless type character should avoid/prepare for? Let say a corporeal deathless.

Particle_Man
2013-12-10, 03:32 AM
Would Halt Undead or Control Undead work on them?

Or could a high HD good (or in some cases neutral) cleric simply rebuke them and tell them what to do?

Yogibear41
2013-12-10, 04:04 AM
1. No

2. Yes

Totema
2013-12-10, 04:12 AM
I've always thought of Deathless as basically just "Undead, but good" - it may sound a little simplistic, but tell me I'm wrong. You can compare the traits, side by side, and the only real difference is that "good things" affect them positively where they affect Undead negatively, and "evil things" affect them negatively where they affect Undead positively.

That said, they are indeed a discrete type. Spells and effects that work solely on Undead won't work on Deathless. And there's a whole lot more anti-Undead out there than there is anti-Deathless.

So, as far as I can tell, you won't have all that much to worry about, at least compared to an Undead character. You might get rebuked/controlled by a cleric of Pelor, and Inflict Wounds will hurt you instead of heal you, but I don't think there's anything extraordinary that you should keep in mind.

Edit:
Beyond any weird anti-Deathless bombs, I would just prepare for most things that a typical hero might have a hard time with. And also - like Undead, Deathless are actually immune to things that need a Fort save. So you can hold that above the head of anything that has a Con score. And apparently I missed that Deathless can actually suffer from ability drain, which strikes me as weird, but not too out of the ordinary.