PDA

View Full Version : How would you build a Fey-themed Eldritch Theurge?

pso_zeldaphreak
2013-12-10, 08:33 AM
Idea for character from here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301638).

Assume a Pixie, whatever stats are necessary, no LA, and ideally one with spontaneous casting instead of prepared. The character(NPC really) is starting in the 12-15 range.

Snowbluff
2013-12-10, 09:46 AM
I would focus sorcerer, using a chasuble for easy entry. For invocations I would focus on shapes and essences to add to my spells (vitriolic being strongly suggested). I would grab a few of my favorites, like the at-will curse.

The spell list would almost be entirely ray based debuffs and AoE spells similiar to web.

pso_zeldaphreak
2013-12-14, 01:48 PM
I would focus sorcerer, using a chasuble for easy entry. For invocations I would focus on shapes and essences to add to my spells (vitriolic being strongly suggested). I would grab a few of my favorites, like the at-will curse.

The spell list would almost be entirely ray based debuffs and AoE spells similiar to web.

Why vitriolic over noxious, for control?

Elderand
2013-12-14, 01:55 PM
Why vitriolic over noxious, for control?

Because vitriolic ignore SR

Urpriest
2013-12-14, 02:35 PM
I'd do a bard-based build. Bard 4/Warlock 3/Eldritch Theurge 3/Sublime Chord 2/Eldtritch Theurge +7/X 2 or the like. Gets across a lot of the Pixie theme.

pso_zeldaphreak
2013-12-14, 06:43 PM
Because vitriolic ignore SR

But that wouldn't help as far as Spellweave is concerned, right? The SR ignore would only affect the eldritch blast.

Snowbluff
2013-12-14, 08:04 PM
But that wouldn't help as far as Spellweave is concerned, right? The SR ignore would only affect the eldritch blast.

With that reading none of the essences work with spellweave.

RavynsLand
2013-12-14, 08:21 PM
I'd probably just play a standard race and take a big fat pile of Fey Heritage feats instead of going for the huge LA on an actual Fey race. The DR from Fey Skin goes well with the warlock/ET DR. Combine 'em both and focus on the Warlock side, and you'll be invincible in no time.

pso_zeldaphreak
2013-12-15, 12:56 PM
With that reading none of the essences work with spellweave.

Derp. I was forgetting how spell weave worked.

pso_zeldaphreak
2013-12-15, 01:14 PM
I'd probably just play a standard race and take a big fat pile of Fey Heritage feats instead of going for the huge LA on an actual Fey race. The DR from Fey Skin goes well with the warlock/ET DR. Combine 'em both and focus on the Warlock side, and you'll be invincible in no time.

If this were a character I wanted to use for a different campaign I probably would. Is also probably go Bard/sublime chord instead of Sorcerer. But this is really an NPC my players will be encountering ( along with a Goliath Barbarian) several times throughout the campaign. If numbers need adjusting for balance, I can do that too - I'd just like to use existing rules as much as possible.

Edit: crap, sorry for double posting.

Psyren
2013-12-16, 03:11 AM
I'd do a bard-based build. Bard 4/Warlock 3/Eldritch Theurge 3/Sublime Chord 2/Eldtritch Theurge +7/X 2 or the like. Gets across a lot of the Pixie theme.

This. Bard goes really well with the fey flavor as well. You lose out on Dark Invocations though.

If you want to go Outsider flavor instead of Fey you can do a Sha'ir-based build that can go into Sacred Exorcist/Eldritch Disciple. You can fluff your warlock heritage as coming from a genie of some kind.

ShurikVch
2013-12-16, 03:44 AM
What, nobody suggested Unseelie Dark Hunter (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fey/20030315a)?