PDA

View Full Version : Guardians of Gem OOC 3: The Crystal Empire Rises

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Edge
2014-06-16, 03:57 PM
Genuinely curious as to how our mystery smith will react to this little tidbit Ivory's decided to share. :smalltongue:

And yes, I chuckled at Brasla's line to Shah, too.

Recaiden
2014-06-16, 11:54 PM
Let's see if I can manage one success on these then: [roll0]

Lix Lorn
2014-06-17, 12:45 AM
He Who Holds in Thrall, once known as Mardukth, the Mountain and the Beast Upon It, with the signifying feature being the way the mount and the rider are bound together.

The_Snark
2014-06-17, 04:00 AM
"Dark Clouds at Sunrise. Really. How... ominous. Did you pick it yourself?"

Heh. I don't think Clover knows Glass Knife's full name (it was alluded to but not specifically mentioned in their conversation), but if she did then Glass would be getting a funny look right about now. :smallwink:

Ifni
2014-06-17, 11:40 PM
Heh. I don't think Clover knows Glass Knife's full name (it was alluded to but not specifically mentioned in their conversation), but if she did then Glass would be getting a funny look right about now. :smallwink:

I was a teenager okay. And besides it's not like I go around telling people.

Crumplepunch
2014-06-18, 02:29 AM
Other Rocktongue name translations:

Ivory Skies: Bone Coloured Atmospheric Phenomenon
Your Untimely Demise: Unsubtle Threat of Imminent Death
Fourth Clever Victory: Four Times Repeated Outmanoeuvring By Your Betters
Clover: Plant For Feeding Moths
Glass Knife: Glass Knife

Ifni
2014-06-19, 06:46 PM
Uh, does Shah know Glass' full name? I believe she's only ever introduced herself as "Glass", unless I slipped up at some point (which might have happened, I just don't remember it).

Imrix.
2014-06-19, 06:51 PM
I thought she had? I can edit if you'd like, or Glass can pick up on that as something odd, whereupon Shah can run with one of the following;

1: Glass introduced herself fully/Shah overheard her full name offscreen (for instance, Demise could've told her)
2: A throwaway line about how Glass signs her prayer scrips or something.
3: Shah is a creepy, paranoid stalker who rifled through Glass' things at some point, because SIDEREALS, YOU GUYS, THEY'RE IN OUR TEACUPS O.O

(Shah would cheerfully admit to the last one, and then be terribly confused that anybody is surprised or thinks it's a big deal.)

Ifni
2014-06-20, 01:01 PM
I don't think (but could be wrong) that she's introduced herself as Glass Knife (as opposed to "you can call me Glass") to anyone. I went back and checked the initial introduction scenes, although I haven't looked at the whole thread. It's not just Shah, and this is actually intended to be an insight into her personality - it's a reflection of general caution/paranoia/manipulative-ness, she doesn't share information that could give any insight into her unless she has a goal in mind. Victory knows, but I couldn't find an instance where he's used it on-screen, although it's possible he mentioned it off-screen (Glass would be mildly upset with him over this, though, so we should check with industrious first).

Likewise, she doesn't carry much in the way of paperwork with her real name on it outside Yu-Shan, she's been trained to immerse herself pretty completely in her cover identities (this is a requirement for Siddies, especially Siddies who are expected to interact a lot with the Dragon-Blooded under Resplendencies). Maybe her initial mission directives... but she probably keeps that very close / has memorized it / wasn't given a paper mission objective in the first place, it would have more sensitive information in it than just her name.

I'd probably prefer you to edit unless we want to run this as the first indication that Victory has been telling Shah about Glass and Yu-Shan, in which case we should clear it with industrious. Unless you have another idea? I'd just prefer that learning information about Glass' identity that she's trying to keep hidden not be trivial (Victory is a real crack in her defenses and I'm okay with going that route, but being forced into awareness of that issue will probably impact her relationship with Victory).

Imrix.
2014-06-20, 01:10 PM
Fair enough, I'll edit and find something else for Shah to chat about.

Ifni
2014-06-20, 03:41 PM
Thanks. Sorry for asking, I liked the post, but breaks in consistency/characterization - even pretty minor ones like this - have a tendency to nag at me a bit.

Lix Lorn
2014-06-20, 09:33 PM
Okay, so I maaay have fallen of the playground because of writing inspiration. So, that's the bad news and the reason I haven't posted before now.

The good news is that if any of you play Tales of Maj'Eyal, I have about 13000 words to link you. oUo

Crumplepunch
2014-06-21, 07:53 AM
Just doing Brasla's new character sheet in full:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xDba3aG4kPjSZOSZBxT_rZudG-UFBXgpaM9gEz38XIg/edit

Got a couple of Charms that I'm not sure I mentioned here:

Shining Panoply Augmentation
Cost: (+1m) Mins: Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Permanent, Enlightened, Material, Mastery-OK
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Worthy Steel Investiture

A Warrior must be prepared for any situation. Sustained at an increased cost of 3m, Worthy Steel Investiture affects any metal or jade weapon the character uses.

Body-Carving Meditation
Cost: 10m, Mins: Essence 1; Type: Simple (Dramatic Action)
Keywords: Obvious, Stackable, Shaping
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None

Driven always to create, Artisans shape their bodies into exquisite new forms for style and function. This Charm is actually a multitude of mystical and physical bodily modifications, represented by purchasing mutations. Each purchase of this Charm grants the character eight mutation points. The character must enter Jade Cocoon Form for at least a day in order to alter her body, during which she can spend 10 motes and manifest or dismiss any of the mutations she has acquired using this Charm.

Mutations acquired using Body-Carving Meditation largely conform to the rules of Alchemicals and Mutations (Manual of Exalted Power: Alchemicals, p167). For reference, dice added by Attribute mutations do not count as dice added by Charms, and the unmutated rating still determines Charm effect calculations, experience costs and so forth. They ignore all effects that add (or remove) health levels. Stacking the Large mutation is limited to three purchases. Unlike Alchemicals, the Jadeborn can and do purchase up to two levels of the Small mutation.

Traditionally, these mutations do not significantly alter the humanoid forms of the Jadeborn into bestial forms, though size changes, rocky armoured bodies and multiple arms are popular. The Artisans are ultimately artists, however, and there are no hard restrictions on the physical changes that can be wrought with this Charm. Mental and spiritual mutations and those that allow ongoing mutation, on the other hand, are not permitted. This Charm can be repurchased a total number of times equal to the character’s permanent Essence. Repurchases are Mastery-OK.

Brasla has two purchases of Body-Carving Meditation, so she needs to find a nice seam of jade so she can evolve into Megabrasla.

http://i.imgur.com/veOkOGs.png

She has the cap of three Large mutations. Unfortuntaely, Revlid's rewritten Large is a bit rubbish because it penalizes Defence pools, a liability that enormously outweighs its benefits. Because the mutations gained by Body Carving Meditation (and the mutations gained by the Alchemical Charm Manifold Transhuman Implants) don't add health levels, could they please not penalize DV either?

Lix Lorn
2014-06-21, 11:08 AM
Sure. Looking fine to me. (thumbs up)

Crumplepunch
2014-07-01, 02:53 AM
Is the Despot's exalted status publicly known at this point? I thought it was still a secret known to a few. I doubt a Twilight would hold a grudge (assuming he is all he seems), but it's probably a breach of etiquette to tell people.

The_Snark
2014-07-01, 02:58 AM
I don't think it's publicly known, no. And yeah, this is a little indiscreet of Clover. She's Temperance 1 and fangirling out a little, so. :smallwink:

(Sidenote: I actually would have to like Clover interact with the Despot a bit more, onscreen or off. A lot of the Charisma Charms on my list only work when a) you're on land you metaphysically own, or b) the metaphysical owner of the land you're on has a positive Intimacy towards you.)

Lix Lorn
2014-07-01, 03:08 AM
It's a secret, just like the events of the penultimate chapter of the first harry potter.
"What happened between you and quirrell is a complete secret. So naturally, the whole school knows."

(Okay, so not everyone /knows/. But it's a persistent rumour.)

(And I can try to arrange that. I imagine she respects the PCs, since they haven't screwed things up (yet)).

Crumplepunch
2014-07-01, 04:21 AM
Likewise, I'd like Brasla to have a chat with the Despot. She has plans to carve out a free dominion under Gem, but she needs Gem's jade mines to do it. She doesn't care terribly much about the jade that has been mined, however, so perhaps they can come to some equitable agreement.

Crumplepunch
2014-07-03, 02:52 PM
To Brasla and Ivory, he nods again, more cheerfully.
"I'd be honoured, ladies. It's pretty hot around these parts, and it's not all your fault."

Guys. I just got that.

Lix Lorn
2014-07-03, 03:31 PM
Likewise, I'd like Brasla to have a chat with the Despot. She has plans to carve out a free dominion under Gem, but she needs Gem's jade mines to do it. She doesn't care terribly much about the jade that has been mined, however, so perhaps they can come to some equitable agreement.
"So... you... want to mine out under gem... but you're happy to give us what you mine? So you're offering to do the work for us? I think we can arrange this."

Guys. I just got that.
Considering brasla this is fairly fitting. :smalltongue:

Edge
2014-07-03, 03:49 PM
I spent a long time weighing up exactly how disparaging Ivory's response to it should be. Given it wasn't the first thing out of his mouth, he gets off lightly. :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2014-07-03, 03:54 PM
Hee.

I forgot to reply to cam.

Crumplepunch
2014-07-03, 04:20 PM
"So... you... want to mine out under gem... but you're happy to give us what you mine? So you're offering to do the work for us? I think we can arrange this."

The thorny part of the discussion comes when they discuss exactly why she wants the mines.

Here are the remaining Charms in the Battle Forging Pattern, plus a couple of Mastery Charms for funsies. I'm aiming to have Brasla master this Pattern, I'll probably leave the Mastery Charms. Feedback welcome as always.

First Strike Discipline
Cost: - Mins: Essence 1; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Worthy Steel Investiture
Imbued with Essence, the Battle Forging initiate can wield his weapon with preternatural swiftness. This Charm upgrades its prerequisite. The bonus of Worthy Steel Investiture now applies to Join Battle Rolls, provided the character uses the invested weapon in some way on her first action. She may perform Ready Weapon actions on Invested weapons Reflexively and instantly.

Earth Lets Go
Cost: 2m (+1m) Mins: Essence 2; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Material, Stackable, Obvious
Prerequisite Charms: Blade Shaping Maneuver
With a flicker and hum of Essence, the Warrior’s weapon takes flight. The Warrior can throw a metal or jade weapon supplemented with this Charm as though it had the T tag and a range of 50. If this Charm enhances a metal weapon that is normally ranged, such as a bronze javelin or mechanical crossbow, its range is increased by 50 and its damage by two. If she desires, the Warrior may expend an additional mote to return the weapon or ammunition instantly to hand.
With Essence 4, this Charm gains an alternative use. It may supplement a Ready Weapon action to equip any metal or jade weapon she owns within 50 yards. If unobstructed, the weapon flies to her hand and is equipped as though she simply drew it.
Either variant of the Charm can be stacked any number of times to increase the range of the effect by 50 yards per activation, but the damage bonus for ranged weapons does not stack.

Weld-Splitting Resonance
Cost: 4m, 1wp Mins: Essence 2; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Material, Obvious
Prerequisite Charms: Battle Shaping Maneuver
As the Warrior strikes a metal object, it shivers, chiming like a silver bell, before the resonating Essence finds the appropriate frequency and the object shatters into a thousand pieces. This Charm supplements an unarmed attack or an attack enhanced by Worthy Steel Investiture. If the attack strikes an opponent wearing non-magical metal armour, the target is unharmed, but the raw damage of the attack is permanently subtracted from the armour's bashing and lethal soak. If either reach zero, the armour is destroyed instantly (though the wearer is unharmed). If the attack is successfully parried by a non-magical metal weapon or if the attack successfully disarms such a weapon, it is destroyed instantly (though the attack would still be parried as normal). Against primarily metal structures, such as an iron statue or gate, the attack ignores soak.

Quicksilver Blade Refinement
Cost: - Mins: Essence 3 Type: Permanent
Keywords: Enlightened, Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Hearth and Bastion Armament, Earth Lets Go
The Warrior's steel flows swift as a dream, and strikes down multiple opponents between heartbeats. Flurries consisting entirely of attacks augmented with Worthy Steel Investiture receive a multiple action penalty equal to their order in the flurry, rather than the normal penalty, so the first attack would have a -1 penalty, the second -2 and so forth.

Arsenal Follows The Warrior
Cost: 1m+ Mins: Essence 3 Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Material, Stackable, Obvious, Mastery
Duration: Scene
Prerequisite Charms: Battle Forging Pattern Mastery
With mastery of the Battle Forging Pattern, the Warrior’s weapons follow her into battle. Each mote invested in this Charm gives the master an additional “hand” with which he can carry jade or metal weapons or objects. Weapons carried with these invisible Essence-limbs levitate beside the Warrior and and act in all ways as though they were carried in normal hands, except that the limbs are considered to have a Strength equal to the Warrior’s Essence and never suffer off-hand penalties. Up to Essence motes can be spent on this Charm.

Broken Chains of Earth
Cost: 6m, 1wp Mins: Essence 4 Type: Simple
Keywords: Mastery, Obvious, Material
Duration: Scene
Prerequisite Charms: Battle Forging Pattern Mastery
Channelling her metal-shaping Essence through her equipment or person, the Warrior denies the ground and begins to levitate. To achieve this feat, the Warrior must be wearing metal or jade armour of medium weight or heavier or have a Jade Transformation Charm active. The master can move through the air in any direction at walking pace or simply stop suspended in the air. She may not move more than (Essence x2) yards above a solid surface. While this Charm is active, the master cannot take falling damage or be knocked down, and can choose to ignore knockback except when it is caused by specific magical effects. The Charm deactivates immediately if the Warrior removes her armour (or releases commitment to her Jade Transformation Charm).

Recaiden
2014-07-03, 04:43 PM
Hee.

I forgot to reply to cam.

But you remembered before I got home and asked about it.

Lix Lorn
2014-07-03, 05:28 PM
I'm hoping to post tonight, for everyone.

Lix Lorn
2014-07-06, 01:10 AM
I'm hoping to post tonight, for everyone.
LET IT BE KNOWN I AM BAD AT THIS
and that I can't resist references at 7am

Crumplepunch
2014-07-06, 03:37 AM
I think it would be best to skip to the next scene, so I'm not responding for now.

Is there anything that can be done in or out of character to speed things along? Conversations go agonizingly slow in this format.

The_Snark
2014-07-06, 04:06 AM
I sort of agree - I feel like there isn't much for us to do right now; there's ~7 of us present in the scene trying to talk to one NPC, and at the moment we don't seem to have any goals beyond "introduce him to the city." Which really doesn't need all of us. I don't think the conversation with the Despot will, either, unless something dramatic and unexpected happens.

We could split the group up, I guess? Normally that would slow things down, but I think smaller scenes tend to move faster, and we'd (presumably) have a goal or an idea-seed for each sub-group. (If we want to, these can be done via PM/chat/Googledoc and posted after, that's sometimes faster.)

Alternatively, we could skip ahead to the next action-y scene; if Lix does have something dramatic and unexpected planned for the meeting with the Despot we can gloss over introductions and summaries of what just happened, or we could start planning how to hunt down the akuma and his army, or... whatever the next source of dramatic conflict is.

Ifni
2014-07-06, 05:12 AM
Yeah, I've been quiet just because I don't see much of anything for Glass to do here. A goal would be nice. If not, I may post IC to say, "Well, I'm going back to sleep. To try to sleep. I would appreciate it very much if you would refrain from getting me out of bed for anything short of an invasion."

Crumplepunch
2014-07-06, 10:16 AM
Pretty much this, yeah. I'd be fine with either multiple scenes of things happening or skipping ahead. Googledoc sounds like an interesting option, I haven't tried that before.

Imrix.
2014-07-07, 08:49 AM
I'll add my vote to splitting up Snark's ideas. Seems good.

Lix Lorn
2014-07-07, 05:20 PM
Aaaaa

Okay. The problem I am noting here is one that I have writing, too. I have lots of cool moments I want to showcase, but the parts in between those moments? I am really bad at them and my instinct is just to gloss over them.
I'm not entirely sure what to do about this last term, apart from 'try to do better' and/or 'use timeskips very liberally.'

For now, feel free to skip to/past the despot meeting; nothing particularly special was intended to happen, and/or to move on to separate scenes of your own.

...the other problem is that like half my planned plotlines were akuma, and like half of those akuma were sympathetic. I like mixing infernal stuff with other stuff.

wait hang on, I made eclipsoid charms. I could probably change at least some of the akuma to use them. Although... eh some of them need E6. I do need to pay attention to my own homebrew though.

Unrelated: How carefully are you watching travellers to the city? What exactly ended up happening to the warding around the city with the jadeborn rework?

Crumplepunch
2014-07-09, 02:35 PM
For some reason my email notification failed to tell me about new posts. Odd.

...the other problem is that like half my planned plotlines were akuma, and like half of those akuma were sympathetic. I like mixing infernal stuff with other stuff.

Not much else I can say about disliking akuma without repeating myself.

Unrelated: How carefully are you watching travellers to the city? What exactly ended up happening to the warding around the city with the jadeborn rework?

The precautions of the city gates are up to the Despot. Searches might improve security but disrupt trade. Brasla can spot Essence users passively thanks to Unfolding Pattern Intuition, but she can't be everywhere.

The rewritten Sign of Warding takes longer to use and requires a structure, but the ward wall is largely undiminished by the rewrite. Creatures of Darkness would still find it difficult to enter.

I could post about Brasla's metamorphosis, I suppose. Not sure what we're collectively planning to do next. A group of hundreds can't be too hard to find if we have eyes in the air.

Ifni
2014-07-25, 09:01 PM
For now, feel free to skip to/past the despot meeting; nothing particularly special was intended to happen, and/or to move on to separate scenes of your own.

Just to clarify why I haven't posted anything - Glass' goals right now are "get some sleep", and her objectives after that are something like "explore Sidereal martial arts until something happens, because Gem's supposed to be hit with six horrible disasters at some point, and I should probably take advantage of peace and quiet while I can".

(I wouldn't mind training NPCs or PCs in martial arts if people are interested, but... I don't really want to write out a whole bunch of martial arts training montages.)

At the moment there just don't seem to be any challenges to worry about - Gem is safe and peaceful, behind well-defended walls, we've gotten a self-contained water and farming system set up / in progress, Brasla's continuing to have fun with the factory-cathedral, there's no obvious internal unrest... Glass was sent here to troubleshoot, but there doesn't seem to be any trouble to shoot, unless she wants to try to assassinate Shah or something. She's probably considering returning to Yu-Shan and filing a Mission Accomplished report.

I suspect others are in the same situation - we'd be happy to skip forward to the Next Big Event, but we can't do that for ourselves, because we don't know what it is.

(I mean, we COULD leave our well-defended bastion and go wandering off looking for someone who can teleport and could be anywhere, OR we could stay here and wait for him to come to us...)

Crumplepunch
2014-07-26, 02:11 AM
I should also point out that given that Gem already has an experienced Solar as a leader and the allegiance of several Dragon-Bloods, the city's defenders could have easily defeated the undead attack, the only threat it has faced so far, without intervention from the players.

Ifni
2014-07-26, 02:24 AM
I suppose we could go raid Malfeas to rescue Lillun or something :smallwink: But that's a pretty different story to "Guardians of Gem".

Imrix.
2014-08-03, 04:28 PM
I suspect others are in the same situation - we'd be happy to skip forward to the Next Big Event, but we can't do that for ourselves, because we don't know what it is.Yeah, we also just had a bunch of downtime, in-universe, so we can't really go back to that. I mean, Shah could go bar-hopping, spreading rumours that would bear fruit down the road, but that's about it.

Lix Lorn
2014-08-08, 05:33 PM
this is literally the first post I've made on the forums in five days

I'm really bad at this. I'd say I'll try and do better, but I've said that before. If I were one of you I'd have given up on this like four times by now. but I guess I'd also have been happy and excited each time it rose from the dead, so... if anyone's still here, I'll just start a dozen plot threads at once and hope that one of them entertains people. If no-one is still here, then I'll give up for a bit, then find some new players to disappoint when I forget how bad I suck at this.

Edge
2014-08-08, 05:39 PM
Well, I'm still here at least, and happy to keep on going. :smallcool:

Crumplepunch
2014-08-08, 06:11 PM
I'm still here also.

I'll need to finish writing my Charm set because writing it on the fly may not be the best for balance. Looking forward to plot.

Ifni
2014-08-08, 06:46 PM
Also still around :smallsmile:

Recaiden
2014-08-08, 09:41 PM
Here and waiting.

The_Snark
2014-08-09, 06:37 AM
Present, and would be happy to see plot kick into high gear. Time to invoke Chandler's Law!

Imrix.
2014-08-10, 02:05 PM
Eh. I never left.

Lix Lorn
2014-08-16, 11:54 AM
Hooraaay.

Man, though. I hope Elloge doesn't have fourth-wall charms, or Janna's gonna be mad my procrastinating that reply missed her a chance to say something. >>

Also, I'm not quite sure how to voice the guardians from the manse. My instinct for them is to go very fast-speaking, and stuttery (kinda like skaven in warhammer, albeit not evil and murderous), but I recall you described them as musical. I hope the concise but well-spoken route works.

Crumplepunch
2014-08-16, 12:05 PM
Hooraaay.

Man, though. I hope Elloge doesn't have fourth-wall charms, or Janna's gonna be mad my procrastinating that reply missed her a chance to say something. >>

Sorry. If you want to have that conversation I can edit and we can just play it as a time delay?

Lix Lorn
2014-08-16, 01:58 PM
Nonono, it's fine. It makes sense for it to happen this way. ^^

Imrix.
2014-08-16, 08:16 PM
Since the latest post was written in concert with Lix, there were OOC shenanigans abound. An excerpt follows :3

[Imrix]: (Shah probably doesn't, actually [have the silver], but she can just charge it to the Despot for this sort of thing, yes?)
[Lix]: (Well, normal people would have qualms about charging sex to their employer, but shah clearly doesn't, and the despot hasn't commented /yet/.)
[Imrix]: (To be fair, Shah had resources 0 going into this campaign and the Despot probably knew what kind of person she was. Still, I foresee an Interesting conversation between them in the future~)
[Imrix]: (Probably about matters of ah, scale)
[Lix]: ("Okay, I have one question. HOW.")
[Imrix]: ("Stamina Excellencies are literally the best thing ever.")
[Lix]: ("Stupid lunars with their stupid attribute excellencies (mumble mumble)")

Lix Lorn
2014-08-16, 08:21 PM
The despot maaay have a soft spot for hot people.
(You've never seen her in the brothel, though.)

Crumplepunch
2014-08-17, 04:00 AM
Hmmmmm, a mystery.

My first instinct is Alchemical, but Grace doesn't seem to be mechanical beyond the metallic colouration. Although Alchemicals have form-concealment charms, I don't think they leave any such traces. The result of a Szoreny Charm is a possibility. Oh well.

Brasla is drinking soma, the Vedic ritual drink, not the drug from Brave New World. It's an analogue (and a linguistic cognate) of the greek Ambrosia, but as well as immortality it grants battle-madness and divine strength.

As I have appropriated it for Exalted, it is brewed by the Jadeborn using Charm-enhanced alchemy and functions as Wind Fire Potion. It is used in ritual observances to Debok Moom, the warbringer.

EDIT: Shah reminds me of Royce from Transmet.

"First, I want to walk into a bar and drink it. And then I'm going to start a fight with five men and win. And then I am going to make use of a truly staggering number of prostitutes. Some of whom I may have once been married to. Following which, I will buy drugs. I will, in fact, show them a large pillowcase, and tell them to fill it with drugs. And I'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account."

I should establish what Brasla has done and how she is equipped, because all this sustained stuff and enchantment requires prep time.

Brasla has Sustained Charms that draw from her hourly mote respiration, hearthstones that boost her hourly mote respiration, attunements that deplete her overall mote pool and Land Binding Nexus Meditations that reduce her attunement costs. This needs to be tallied up.

Attunements: 27m
Dragon Tear Tiara: 2m
Blue Jade Reaper Daiklave: 5m
White Jade Dire Lance: 5m
Jade Thunderbolt Shield: 5m
Myrmidon Carapace: 4m
Atlas of the Unconquered General: 6m

27 motes of attunement is a big drain on Brasla's small (for an E5 character) mote pool. Luckily, she has Land Binding Nexus Meditations, specially prepared manse network enchantments that grant her attunement motes. She doesn't have one on her residence manse in Shining Kren (she didn't know the Charm when she left) and she can't attach one to her own internal manse, but she still has 13 dots of manses fueling her, for a total of 26 attunement motes. Brasla only pays out a single mote for her artifact arsenal.

Now, sustained Charms.

Sustained Charms: 34m
Jade Transformations: 11m
Endless War Spirit: 3m
Telluric Resonance Sense: 3m
Unfolding Pattern Intuition: 5m
Numinous Inspiration of Craft: 3m
Shining Panoply Investiture: 9m

That means Brasla pats out a hefty 34 motes every hour she keeps all these Charms active. Luckily she is weighed down by a wealth of hearthstones, 19 points in total, for an hourly respiration of 38 motes. Furthermore, while she is Fire dominated environments like Gem, she gains a further 10m per hour from Demesne Body Technique, and being in Glass' powerful manse (to which she is attuned) boosts this by a further 20m.

Finally, Indefinite Charms

Indefinite Charms: 6m
Dutiful Warrior Approach: 6m

Nothing to be done about these, but 6m isn't too terrible. Brasla's Dutiful Warrior Approach, applied only just now, grants speciality dice in defence of the manse.

So, Brasla's mote pool is 58 (50 native, 8 for her Skin Mount Amulet), and she pays out 7 motes, so she has a working mote pool of 51.

Next, Inscription of Suspended Evocation. This Charm allows Brasla to bind other Charms into her tools, talismans, hearthstones, armour and weapons.

Hearth and Bastion Armament: Jade Thunderbolt Shield
This means that Brasla can reflexively reduce DV penalties in step 2 when parrying with her shield for one mote.

Earth Lets Go: White Jade Dire Lance
Brasla can throw her dire lance as though it had the T keyword and a range of 50. This costs two motes, plus one to have the lance return to her hand.

Warforged Citadel Defence: Myrmidon Carapace
Brasla's armour is enchanted to become heavier when struck. She can pay 2m in step 7 of defence to for +2 soak, +1 mobility and fatigue penalty. She gains a temporary -0 health level, and the Charm continues until it is removed. The Charm can be stacked up to 3 times, but she can only activate it once per tick.

Brasla's mutations are Large x3, Extra Arms x4 and Ambidextrous. Her new natural hearthstone is the five dot Psychopomp's Jade.

Ifni
2014-08-17, 07:50 PM
OK, I'm gathering Shah, Clover and Brasla want to come to the manse. I'm going to wait 1-2 more days to see if anyone else wants to come along: if you want to come but won't have time to post, please let me know. (I do think it's a good idea for not all of us to go; we don't want to strip Gem's defenses.) If you definitely don't want to come that would be good to know too :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2014-08-17, 09:50 PM
"Also, I am now a manse."
(Snrk)
I love that trope. If it's a trope.

(I do think it's a good idea for not all of us to go; we don't want to strip Gem's defenses.) If you definitely don't want to come that would be good to know too :smallwink:
Someone should go look at the people entering the city. (sage nod)

Crumplepunch
2014-08-18, 01:16 AM
Someone should go look at the people entering the city. (sage nod)

Of those that affirmed they are still here, I think only Ivory would remain in Gem. Maybe some of the several DB mercs or our two Solar NPCs could assist.

Lix Lorn
2014-08-18, 01:53 AM
ha. Touche. They can pass on anything they determine.

Incidentally, I assume glass wouldn't tell Sunrise about the factory cathedral?

Ifni
2014-08-18, 02:45 AM

... hmmm. Probably not. He gets to prove himself first.

(Various people have made her significantly less negative toward Solars and Lunars, but she's still not going to just freely trust them.)

Crumplepunch
2014-08-18, 03:03 AM
The Jadeborn looks so different this way, more like a temple idol or guardian spirit than a soldier. But not bad different. Nothing wrong with spirits or temples! She decides she likes the change.

I'm going to take that as implicit OOC approval, so thanks.

Send in some Warriors too. Essence-Scrying Visors are handy

Brasla is frowny-facing so hard right now.

The_Snark
2014-08-18, 03:32 AM
I'm going to take that as implicit OOC approval, so thanks.

It actually has as much to do with Clover's Intimacy of fear/mistrust towards soldiers - Brasla is less scary like this. :smallwink: But I do like the new description, yeah.

Oh! Before I forget: how much time has elapsed, for training purposes? Clover has enough BP to buy a couple more Charms/spells - I'm looking at Beast-Mind Transfusion (intelligent animal allies!) and... either Flight of the Brilliant Raptor or Stormwind Rider. None of those are likely to be handy right at the moment, but probably best to establish that I have them before they become convenient anyway. Training time would be about ten days (3 for the Charm and 7 for the spell).

Lix Lorn
2014-08-18, 02:20 PM
... hmmm. Probably not. He gets to prove himself first.

(Various people have made her significantly less negative toward Solars and Lunars, but she's still not going to just freely trust them.)
Fair enough.

Send in some Warriors too. Essence-Scrying Visors are handy
ooh, what exactly will they show you?

Brasla is frowny-facing so hard right now.
(snrks)

Oh! Before I forget: how much time has elapsed, for training purposes? Clover has enough BP to buy a couple more Charms/spells - I'm looking at Beast-Mind Transfusion (intelligent animal allies!) and... either Flight of the Brilliant Raptor or Stormwind Rider. None of those are likely to be handy right at the moment, but probably best to establish that I have them before they become convenient anyway. Training time would be about ten days (3 for the Charm and 7 for the spell).
Hmm.
Given how many times I've expressed a hatred of training times...
Five days have passed, but I'm going to halve training times. This lets me try to keep a faster pace without letting you do as much infrastructure, but still learn things.

Crumplepunch
2014-08-18, 02:46 PM
ooh, what exactly will they show you?

Essence Scrying Visors do three things.

1) See Immaterial targets.
2) See through low light and smoke without penalty.
3) +2 visual Awareness.

The Warriors that wear them are also handy in a fight, of course.

Lix Lorn
2014-08-18, 06:11 PM
A fight? Who would possibly want to start a fight?

Crumplepunch
2014-08-20, 06:45 AM
A fight? Who would possibly want to start a fight?

That remains to be seen! Warriors, probably.

This lets me try to keep a faster pace without letting you do as much infrastructure, but still learn things.

Oh hey I should probably address this.

As of my rewrite, Brasla can do some fun stuff, but her overall power has been reduced across the board, from dice pools to soak to health levels to crafting. Crafting was the big problem for infrastructure stuff, so I should talk more about that.

She can no longer produce artifacts 4-5, and her speed multiplier on artifacts rated 1-3 hinges on her stunt bonus, meaning that she needs to creatively stunt every artifact craft rather than super-speeding through batches. As much as I love craft stunts, I'm not going to come up with 2-3 dot stuff every time. Artifact crafting should be a far less dominating problem from now on.

The standing offer to make artifacts for other characters remains open, of course.

Imrix.
2014-08-20, 11:10 AM
Drat. I just realized I really should've bought a dot of Stamina by now. I kept forgetting about it because training times for attributes are so freaking long. (Priority one for Might of the Moon-Witches: Write the damned training time reducer already.) Any chance of an exception in the meantime?

Also, to clarify; Shah is suggesting that she follows Clover into the cathedral, then lies in wait in the main room. She's got no chance of stealthily approaching the intruders, but she can be a bit closer to hand if/when things get ugly.

Lix Lorn
2014-08-25, 01:05 PM
This is helpful.

Attribute training times are /dumb/, I agree. Months, isn't it?
Consider them lowered to weeks. Which is then halved by my previous ruling.

Post incoming right now. Have been distracted by bleh, and then by makeouts.

Crumplepunch
2014-08-25, 04:13 PM
Is Sonya's thing going to be important, or can we just port to the manse? Conversations with NPCs delay a lot when posts take two days minimum.

Ifni
2014-08-26, 12:14 PM
Hey all: I'm currently at a conference where I have good Internet at the conference but almost no Internet outside it (just my phone hotspot, which is very slow), so posting will be delayed or absent until I get back home on Friday. The ST and The_Snark have my permission to play Glass if need be. Since her action might be important here (and it's likely to be "tell Sonya she has six seconds to talk, put up Forms, teleport to manse"), I'll prioritize this game if I get a chance to post.

Lix Lorn
2014-08-26, 06:51 PM
Is Sonya's thing going to be important, or can we just port to the manse? Conversations with NPCs delay a lot when posts take two days minimum.
She intends to drop the subject, since you're busy with something. It can wait til you return.
(I'm hoping to speed up to once a day anyway...)

Crumplepunch
2014-08-27, 04:52 AM
She intends to drop the subject, since you're busy with something. It can wait til you return.anyway...)

I missed that the rain was rainbow coloured.

This is going to be a trip.

Lix Lorn
2014-08-27, 09:12 PM
It's perfectly possible I underplayed it, my apologies if so.

Crumplepunch
2014-08-28, 02:07 AM
Waiting for Ifni or someone else to carry out her instructions, then.

This is an awkward subject to raise, but I've been mulling over it a while and I think I should just be out with it.

I can try to present the sides in a way that one of them is friendly.

I have to say this fills me with dread.

Was I wrong in thinking this hook will be a departure from the previously held pattern of "go to place X, meet NPC Y, talk about nothing in particular, vague promise of plot in future", as I have been wrong before?

I said before that the threats to Gem probably could have been dealt with by its defenders without our help. Just to put that into context, I don't think any of the PCs has suffered a single health level of damage so far. The closest that we have gotten was Ashur pulling his PD twice in PVP combat and Brasla launching herself out of a catapult and rolling no damage. Both of which had nothing to do with any threats from attackers to Gem. (Demise suffered moderate damage in her fight with Saman, but that was a side adventure run by me.)

First, we were threatened by the Realm... who turned out to be absolutely fine with an Anathema ruling one of their most profitable tributaries... but one of them was secretly an Akuma! Who turned out to be totally friendly, guys.

Then nothing happened for ages.

Then the undead laid siege to the city! With a few dozen zombies, an understatted necrotech monster and one Exalt who ran away immediately.

Then we were awakened by two new Exalts fighting! And the hostile one ran away immediately.

We're the Guardians of Gem, but we've been guarding Gem from nothing for over a year now.

Just... this is frustrating. I enjoy this game and like the environment and players, but Lix, if this turns out to be yet another meet-and-greet for one of your former PCs I may have to quit.

It's not just the lack of combat, it's the lack of conflict. Everyone is so infuriatingly mellow and motiveless. Immaculate Monks are cool with Anathema rulers. Akuma are friendly and helpful. There's an Essence Ten goddess over there, but she's just here to hang out.

It just seems to be an endless parade of inconsequential NPCs who we are expected to befriend and forget about. Scene after scene, it seems that the only motive behind the presence of new characters is "Hey guys, I thought of a cool character, look at them!" Every time it seems that things are going to start, our new adversary vanishes, or turns out to be super friendly and we should feel bad for not liking them.

It's wearing down my enthusiasm.

This ended up longer and a little more bitter than I would have liked, but please, please can something happen in this game.

Crumplepunch
2014-09-01, 03:23 AM
I am beginning to suspect that my plea for things to happen in this game may actually have stopped this game.

I regret this.

Lix Lorn
2014-09-01, 02:02 PM
When I started this game, I imagined it like Sailor Moon. Every week, a new villain comes to town, and you deal with it. Sometimes you kill them, sometimes you befriend them. Sometimes you have allies. But at the end of the episode everything's safe, and, bar any character development, things have returned largely to normal. Next episode might be set days or weeks later, but things have been largely boring while they're going on.

Problem number one: I was planning on episodic monster of the week. I did not inform people of that.

So I started off with some dragonblooded ambassadors, and a morally-gray-ish akuma trying to cause discord between them. I expected her to remain undetected, cause you to kill or defeat the rest of her circle (sad, but necessary, in her opinion), and then leave while still effectively invisible, writing a warning about the Dragon on the wall. Instead, you noticed the deception and captured the akuma.

Second problem: I was not prepared to balance things for an essence five game. Sending an E6 akuma against an E3 party, yes, she is effectively plot level strong, but I can't just cheerfully throw an E8 into the setting. My desire for letting you have cool shinies has led to my planned scenes not actually being a threat.
For Posterity: Saera is the only character you've met so far who is a former PC of mine, and I expected you to kill her.
Also: If you got the impression that the Realm is aware of what's going on, it was incorrect. I'm not sure if the ambassadors ever learnt that Tora is the anathema in the city, but the realm was definitely not informed, and would DEFINITELY not be okay with it. This would/will be coming back later, but I wanted to actually have a decent gap between events from the same plot chains.
Also for posterity: The ambassador scene was not helped by the way the party feels about UMI*. I should have checked that in advance. Maybe UMI should be graded to warn players how evil it is. I dunno.
*blaming me for not checking, they're perfectly reasonable feelings.

The lack of conflict... I probably have to accept is me screwing up. It's partly due to the balance issues I mentioned - the first chapter was meant to culminate in a battle against a circle of dragonbloods, and the second was going to be a fight to stop an exponentially growing zombie apocalypse - but it likely also comes from me desperately wanting to do all the Cool Things (TM) that I have planned. If I were a better ST, I'd probably have seen the signs of unrest before now, but I had no idea this was a problem before that post.

As for LOOK, A COOL CHARACTER! I can't even try to deny it. I'm not sure I want to. For me, Exalted is about cool situations, interesting characters, and making an epic story with them. Running a game gives me an opportunity to tell what I think is an interesting story, and to populate the world with interesting characters. This could tie back into the first point, in that I throw in a character and think 'Oh hey, an ally for this chapter', and then you're getting confused when they don't come up again.

So... I don't know what to do now. I think I've learnt enough that I could run this game better if I tried again (Starting at E3 and making these things very clear from the beginning, for a start), but if you're this frustrated, it might be too late to save this iteration.

I hope this has explained things a bit, if nothing else.

Ifni
2014-09-01, 02:34 PM
I don't share Crumplepunch's frustration, at least not at the same level. I've been sorta frustrated by my inability to actually use SMA, which is related to the lack of combat challenges, but... yeah, it's hard to come up with appropriate challenges for a large circle of E5+ Celestial Exalts. (That's why the Bronze Faction tries to kill them while they're young.) And even within the conceit of "E5 Exalts", it would be possible to build weaker characters than we have: the group has a fairly high standard of combat competence.

(I also don't have a problem with UMI, and nor does Glass, really. Where she condemns it, she's mostly just trying to claim the moral high ground.)

I don't think the ambassadors learned that Tora was Anathema; they did learn that most of the PCs were Anathema. (And Glass told their sorcerer about the Bronze Faction and that she was their secret best friend.)

I like your characters :smallsmile: One thing to be aware of as an ST, though - you know the story you're trying to tell, but we don't. An episodic story is fine, at least for me (although yeah, it might have been better if this was explained clearly a bit earlier), but that means each of the episodes has to have its own story, even if it's not a complex one.

I really think the lack of challenge is a big part of the issue. I really liked the first chapter, with the DBs - there was a problem to solve (DBs want to kill the hidden Anathema who's the ruler of the city!), and a problem behind it to solve (one of the DBs is akuma and trying to turn the Realm against its tributaries!), and a clue to a bigger plotline (the Ebon Dragon has the Empress!), and by the end we had some form of resolution.

But I admittedly may have mostly liked this because I actually got to participate in overcoming that challenge :smallwink:

The later challenges... it felt like about three PCs got to do anything meaningful in the zombie fight, and our attempts to pursue and find out what was going on largely got stopped with "It's the end of the chapter". Even more so with Dark Clouds - ok, it introduces a new NPC, but pretty much as soon as we intervened in the fight, the fight was over, and we didn't really get much opportunity for interaction with the new NPC. I'm still not sure what the story there was supposed to be, beyond "New person shows up, new threat is mentioned but does not come to fruition". (Maybe it was just that?)

I think splitting the party up, as you're doing now, may be a good idea - to date it's often felt like we have five people trying to do something that one person could handle easily, which leads to 4/5 people feeling sort of useless. (It... is possible not as many of us should be going to the manse.)

But yeah. I might guess that "at the end of the episode everything's safe, and, bar any character development, things have returned largely to normal" is something that works okay for Glass, but conflicts somewhat with Crumplepunch's hopes to play out a nation-building/Rise of the Crystal Empire plot (and more generally with the larger-scale ambitions common to high-Essence Exalts). But I'm guessing the lack of challenge is probably a bigger issue.

FWIW, I'd like to keep playing.

Crumplepunch
2014-09-01, 02:37 PM
Okay, I used a lot of hyperbole in my rant and some of it was unfair. I am, as you say, frustrated.

Problem number one: I was planning on episodic monster of the week. I did not inform people of that.

I understand this, but the monster of the week format works because they fight a monster every week. That... did not happen even slightly. This is a remediable situation!

Second problem: I was not prepared to balance things for an essence five game.

I understand, but I have offered help more than once, I'm sure I even mentioned statting up adversaries. If it's that much of a problem, seriously, don't feel bad about delegating! I will write up demons and Abyssal circles and elder DBs and ancient dragon king bodhisattva-ghosts and Sidereal assassins and Unshaped Raksha and fellowships of angry pattern knights all day long. Your monster of the week supply need never run short.

I mean, remember this guy (https://docs.google.com/document/d/15VF5cmIHT6lm5P4J9szuhYmuRDXsc1OGXgz4Ngu1XOA/edit)? I'm pretty sure he could give any individual member of the circle serious trouble, and he doesn't even use CMAs. I could do more. I'd like to do more.

Likewise I am rather good at sneaky plans. If you need help developing one of those, by all means hit me up.

So... I don't know what to do now. I think I've learnt enough that I could run this game better if I tried again (Starting at E3 and making these things very clear from the beginning, for a start), but if you're this frustrated, it might be too late to save this iteration.

It's really not too late. I didn't complain because I hate the game, I complained because I like the game and I want to get it started properly.

And I hope I've explained things, and I hope I haven't discouraged you.

Edge
2014-09-01, 03:06 PM
FWIW, I'd like to keep playing.

This reflects my sentiments too. I like the the interactions between our Circle, and that's what's really kept me here.

I think one of the problems might be that we're not faced with enough credible threats at the same time. One Abyssal and an army of zombies isn't too threatening to a Celestial circle. If that Abyssal had had his own Circle with him to tie us up whilst the zombies do their work, things suddenly look very different.

Scale might be an issue, too. I'm fine with a monster of the week set up, but monsters coming out of nowhere to challenge an E4/5 Celestial Circle strains disbelief a little. If they're necrotech behemoths with support sent by the Abyssal's liege or Ophidian behemoths sent to try and reclaim two missing Infernal Exaltations so the Ebon Dragon can proceed with his plans without loose ends, again things look different.

I think what I'm trying to say is we need a BBEG who's something of a more immediate threat. The revelations we got about the Dragon made his threat seem great, but distant - it feels like we have plenty of time to prepare, and we're not under much pressure at the moment, so it almost feels like we can take out time.

Just a couple of ideas for consideration.

Recaiden
2014-09-01, 04:18 PM

I think we could do fine with the people we have.

I did think after the Janna thing that we were in full RotSE end-of-the-world territory, though. And have been rather surprised that everything is so chill.

But I'm barely in this campaign. Just chilling out in the underworld trying to wake up my bros and teach the Abyssals Neverborn Principle Emulation.

Lix Lorn
2014-09-01, 04:43 PM
It's nice to know you all want to keep going. I don't know that I can stop doing the 'look, a shiny character!' thing when that's one of the best things about running a game, but if also adding large monsters and conflict will make that acceptable, I will do my best.

I can ask for help with making threats, but wouldn't it be weird for you to be fighting monsters that you designed?

There is absolutely a BBEG, although the hope is that he stays hidden until the /very/ end. Perhaps there need to be more visible pawns. There is absolutely an end-of-the-world scenario here, and hopefully more than one of them.

The_Snark
2014-09-01, 04:45 PM
I'll second (or third, or fourth) the general sentiments so far: I'd like to keep playing the game in some form, I think it would benefit from more challenges/sources of conflict, and challenging a high-Essence group is hard.

I have no objection to an episodic, monster-of-the-week format; we just need to have threatening monsters. I actually like most of the friendly NPCs we've met, but we could really use some solid antagonists as well.

Of course, this is easier said than done, because a) it is hard to challenge a group of E4-5 Exalts on a mechanical level, and b) it's hard to justify where all these dire threats and monsters are coming from. That said, I think we'd all be willing to suspend disbelief a little in the second case - this is Gem, there's a running joke about how absurdly doomed it is. Sure, it might be a little implausible to fight the First and Forsaken Lion's invading vanguard of deathknights (and their army of doom zombies) just two weeks after foiling an infernalist plot involving a half-dozen Second Circle demons, which in turn happened barely a week after we fought off a Dawn Caste mercenary warlord hired by Paragon to wage guerilla war against the city... but it also sounds like fun, and this is Gem! The implausible concentration of powerful beings who want it conquered/destroyed is a running joke.

Forcing us to split up by throwing multiple problems at us at once (like now) sounds like a good idea too; challenging a group of 5-6 Exalts is hard enough even when they're Essence 2-3.

(Aside - I agree with Ifni about the first chapter, there was a definite conflict -> resolution there, even if it didn't really involve fighting. Might not have been what you originally planned, but I think it worked out okay. Social conflict, mysteries to solve and other non-combat challenges are fun too.)

If you like, we could probably all come up with a number of episode hooks, so that you can pick and choose if you don't have a good idea. Existing ideas can be scaled up to fit this game- not one Daybreak with a zombie army, but three of them, plus a Midnight and two Dusk military commanders. Rather than one akuma, maybe an akuma backed up by a 3CD patron and several Second Circles. (This could still happen; our let-him-come-to-us stratagem could easily backfire if he knows sorcery.)

(Alternatively, I guess we could do a pseudo-reboot, scaling characters down to E3 or so but keeping the story-so-far more or less intact, but I'm not sure we want to do that - I'm not relying on high-Essence stuff for Clover, but I know some people are. It probably would become easier to challenge us, though.)

Crumplepunch
2014-09-01, 04:48 PM
I can ask for help with making threats, but wouldn't it be weird for you to be fighting monsters that you designed?

I promise not to metagame with it. I enjoy making monsters, and I enjoy fighting monsters. I can compartmentalize.

Lix Lorn
2014-09-01, 04:54 PM
I trust you guys not to metagame, else I wouldn't give hints and explain references. I was just worried about whether you'd enjoy it or not. If you would, though, I may send some details on the demons you're meant to be about to kill, and go post for everyone else...

Crumplepunch
2014-09-01, 05:07 PM
I trust you guys not to metagame, else I wouldn't give hints and explain references. I was just worried about whether you'd enjoy it or not. If you would, though, I may send some details on the demons you're meant to be about to kill, and go post for everyone else...

By all means. Sleeping now, will check later.

I think that it is easier than is usually ackowledged to threaten powerful Exalts, particularly those without persistent maxed dice pools and free penalty negation.

I recently designed a menagerie of ghosts (using Revlid's Arcanoi) that was designed to threaten a low-mid level Solar circle. Posting it in PM because they haven't actually been sprung on the players yet.

Imrix.
2014-09-02, 08:47 AM
RE: challenge, I share Crumple's frustration, but not to the same degree. I'm an amiable fellow... But I really would like a worthy opportunity to unveil my Super Sekkrit Thing.

RE: Monster, if nothing else, if we shot you ideas by PM only one or two players might know any one monster, and the rest would be surprised.

Lix Lorn
2014-09-02, 10:44 PM
Have a cough, rendered me inactive for most of today. Am feeling largely better, but it's way too late to do things now.
Figured I'd mention, given my recent vanishings.

Ifni
2014-09-07, 02:55 AM
As a note, I suspect Team Manse is waiting on GM input for what happens when we teleport there. If you're still working that out, of course, no worries.

Crumplepunch
2014-09-08, 02:48 AM
As a note, I suspect Team Manse is waiting on GM input for what happens when we teleport there. If you're still working that out, of course, no worries.

Alright, here's the timeline as I see it.

September 1st: Lix says she'll send out some details for me to look at.

September 1st: I say cool.

September 2nd: PM exchange, I send back first draft for examination.

September 3rd: Lix says she has a cough, is feeling largely better.

September 8th: Still no response or forum activity.

Time to be concerned about health, I think.

Lix Lorn
2014-09-08, 11:28 PM
Time to yell at me on instant messengers. X_x
I still have a cough, but I should have done this days ago. [sucky excuses removed for suckiness]

Crumplepunch
2014-09-09, 05:25 AM
Well, get better soon.

I'm going to go ahead and attack the fleeing giant spider. Rolling ahead, I can edit if necessary.

This might be a bit brash, but Brasla is here to fight, and is slightly more aggressive than usual thanks to the Soma. Being quite familiar with the manse, she assumes the spider is a demon sentry, and doesn't much care that there are two demon factions.

It occurs to me that the spider was being sneaky and its presence was not meant to be immediately obvious to the group. Brasla's has Unfolding Pattern Intuition (similar to All-Ecompassing Sorcerer's Sight) and Telluric Resonance Sense (sense earthen structures and anything on or in them within 125 yards) active, not sure if that helps. Again, editing if necessary.

Lix Lorn
2014-09-09, 01:16 PM
I almost specifically called out that you could probably get an attack off before it escaped, so I'm totally okay with it.

Edit: The use of the term machine-spirit doesn't mean anything in particular, it's just descriptive. Although it is an autochthonian manse, so... well. Maybe they are? I dunno, it's your manse!
I seem to be thinking of them as clockwork hummingbirds. This is adorable, if inaccurate.

Ifni
2014-09-11, 12:31 AM
Clockwork hummingbirds works :smallwink:

Glass will probably throw up Triune Constellations' Vision before we go in (-1 TN for the group if they conform to a specified narrative/theme, +1 TN for the bad guys if they conform to a specified narrative/theme). Any suggestions? :smallwink:

(I'm waiting on this 'cause I know Clover is going to put up teamwork buffs, which may lend itself to certain themes...)

Crumplepunch
2014-09-12, 11:56 AM
I was imagining them as a vaguely bird-shaped cloud of floating, multicoloured crystal shards that rearrange themselves into faces for speech and tools for various tasks.

Unfortunately Brasla hasn't invested as much as she might in teamwork buffs, so she has nothing to offer at present.

Going to post heading in, I'll edit if there are objections.

Ifni
2014-09-12, 12:28 PM
I'll have a post up later today with my teamwork buffs, but I'm ok to head in (just noting that I'm doing the buffs before we head in, I don't want it to take up my first action).

Crumplepunch
2014-09-12, 12:33 PM
I'll have a post up later today with my teamwork buffs, but I'm ok to head in (just noting that I'm doing the buffs before we head in, I don't want it to take up my first action).

Probably best if Glass takes the lead anyway, I'll wait and post after you.

Lix Lorn
2014-09-13, 12:03 AM
I was imagining them as a vaguely bird-shaped cloud of floating, multicoloured crystal shards that rearrange themselves into faces for speech and tools for various tasks.
...I wish my imagination conjured up those images without effort V.V

Those are lovely destinies. xD

No objections to anything currently happening. You can assume that the Tabernacle is functional, I think, as long as the component manses belong to PCs who still exist...

Spent most of today hating world. Is now 6am, so getting an IC post right now is impossible. Tomorrow I will hopefully not hate the world, and remember to check the game before 6am.
Are you actually waiting on me atm? May be missing something obvious, but I don't think you've actually gone around the corner yet.

Qwertystop
2014-09-13, 12:05 AM
Sorry to intrude from spectating again, but I actually looked up "clockwork hummingbird" after that description.
http://i.imgur.com/hWQBl.jpg

Ifni
2014-09-13, 12:07 AM
Those are lovely destinies. xD

No objections to anything currently happening. You can assume that the Tabernacle is functional, I think, as long as the component manses belong to PCs who still exist...

I don't actually remember where all the possible network plug-ins were supposed to come from... Crumplepunch? Did Brasla end up with spare relays to point at a Network Node? I remember thinking it was possible to get the manse fully functional with the resources we had at the start of the game, I just don't remember what belonged to who.

Are you actually waiting on me atm? May be missing something obvious, but I don't think you've actually gone around the corner yet.

We have not, as yet! But we probably will soon.

Crumplepunch
2014-09-13, 06:53 AM
I don't actually remember where all the possible network plug-ins were supposed to come from... Crumplepunch? Did Brasla end up with spare relays to point at a Network Node? I remember thinking it was possible to get the manse fully functional with the resources we had at the start of the game, I just don't remember what belonged to who.

Brasla has eight unlinked network nodes, but as far as I know she never actually connected them up with the factory cathedral. I was saving them for empowering a manse beneath Gem in case we found a minor demesne. Easy to retcon if needed, though.

We have not, as yet! But we probably will soon.

I'll get on that now.

Lix Lorn
2014-09-13, 12:48 PM
Sorry to intrude from spectating again, but I actually looked up "clockwork hummingbird" after that description.
http://i.imgur.com/hWQBl.jpg
purdyyyyy.

Brasla has eight unlinked network nodes, but as far as I know she never actually connected them up with the factory cathedral. I was saving them for empowering a manse beneath Gem in case we found a minor demesne. Easy to retcon if needed, though.
So... what do you want to do?

I'll get on that now.
I posted vaguely on time =D

Crumplepunch
2014-09-13, 01:35 PM
So... what do you want to do?

I'm not sure! I'm not using the network stuff for anything else so if we're allowed to retcon the manse upgrade then sure, let's do that.

Ifni
2014-09-13, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure! I'm not using the network stuff for anything else so if we're allowed to retcon the manse upgrade then sure, let's do that.

Thanks! I had actually completely forgotten the network relays were a thing that existed, before I went to look up Rainbow Tabernacle :smallredface:

So Clover can go nuts with her cheap(ish) sorcery :smallwink:

Ifni
2014-09-15, 07:18 PM
It is my guess that Shah and Clover may be waiting for a ST update? If you're waiting for something else, let us know?

The_Snark
2014-09-16, 05:58 AM
Clover's following along and letting Glass and Brasla handle the talking for now - feel free to move along, I don't have much to post right now.

Imrix.
2014-09-16, 05:38 PM
She's usually pretty mellow, but Shah has a hate-on for demons. So yeah, Join Battle tiem, and we'll start the process with nine successes from your resident dispenser of close air support.

Crumplepunch
2014-09-16, 11:25 PM
I want to save my opening stunt for an actual attack, so I'll just roll JB here.

Wits+Awareness 6, +3 equipment bonus from First Strike Discipline, paying 5 motes to enhance with Adept Empowerment.

[roll0]

Ifni
2014-09-17, 07:33 PM
I'm almost certain I'll be spending the next six ticks putting up reflexive buffs for other people :smallwink: Need to actually acquire some of those ubiquitous MA JB enhancers...

JB: [roll0]

Call me on tick 6 and I'll drop Adorjan on the 3CD :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2014-09-18, 11:16 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Lots and lots of Join Battle.

13 Sux: 3CD
11 Sux: Brasla
9 Sux: Shah
5 Sux: God, 1CDs (Anhule)
3 Sux: 2CD
2 Sux: Glass
1 Sux: 1CDs (Antlike)

Occult rolls are reasonable for recognising anything here, and Glass would get a +2 bonus for the god due to being a sidereal.
Will IC post with a reply, and first action, in just a moment.

Ifni
2014-09-18, 12:19 PM
OK, so I think that comes out as:

Reaction Count: 13
Tick 0: 3CD
Tick 2: Brasla
Tick 4: Shah
Tick 6: Absolutely Everyone Else (God, 2CD, Glass, 1CDs (Anhule), 1CDs (Antlike))

Clearly, if I want to invest in JB enhancers I'll need a few of them :smallwink: I am grateful for the tick 6 cap on first action...

Crumplepunch
2014-09-18, 12:51 PM
Of course like an idiot I previewed my post, so I can't make rolls in it.

Brasla is throwing a pyromantic grenade at the densest pack of first circle demons within 65 yards, and throwing her white jade Dire Lance at the rude Unquestionable.

Both attacks are enhanced with Earth Lets Go, which allows the lance to be thrown and extends the range of the grenade, for 4m total.

Brasla is also spending the full 8m on Battle Forging Adept Empowerment and enhancing her stunts with Earth-Body Unity Arete for 2m, both of which are innate abilities. She is also enhancing both her stunts using her Style pool, hence the unusual pyrotechnics.

Persistent effects grant a +3 accuracy equipment bonus and an all-applicable +3 speciality in defence of the manse.

Finally, Brasla is spending a point of willpower to channel her Valor, the second time she has done so in this story.

Pyromantic Grenade: [roll0]

The damage of the pyromantic grenade is 10L, -1 for every full yard of distance from the epicentre of the blast. With a good enough roll, it should be enough to badly wound even demons on the fringes of the 10 yard radius.

Dire Lance [roll1]

The damage of the dire lance is 16L/2, or 19L/2 if Brasla could fairly be said to be charging when making the attack.

Both attacks are made aggravated if Glass has Horrific Wreath active.

Finally, stunt. Awarded stunts are increased by one and converted into automatic successes.

Ifni
2014-09-18, 12:56 PM
Glass will activate Horrific Wreath. Brasla's attacks become Holy and are also starmetal-ized (there was a clarification by the Ink Monkeys that effective MM bonuses from Charms stack with real MM bonuses, I believe in the Infernal patch, but I'll find it later today), so +3 damage and +1 accuracy iirc.

Furthermore she will stick Unobstructed Blow on both attacks, which makes them Piercing and halves DVs applied against them.

Total cost is 6m, since Glass has Throne Shadow Form active, paid from Personal.

I'll write a post for this (later today) in an attempt to get a stunt award for mote regen :smallwink:

Crumplepunch
2014-09-18, 01:04 PM
Glass will activate Horrific Wreath. Brasla's attacks become Holy and are also starmetal-ized (there was a clarification by the Ink Monkeys that effective MM bonuses from Charms stack with real MM bonuses, I believe in the Infernal patch, but I'll find it later today), so +3 damage and +1 accuracy iirc.

Hmm. Brasla's accuracy bonus also comes from Charms (Worthy Steel Investiture). Do those still stack? I would say no.

Rolling the extra dice just in case.

[roll0]

[roll1]

No success increases, then. Damage increases to 13A for the grenade and 19/22A/2 for the lance, piercing. The lance was already piercing, of course. Forgot to mention that.

Furthermore she will stick Unobstructed Blow on both attacks, which makes them Piercing and halves DVs applied against them.

And she has to pay out two willpower to use a perfect defence because she just activated a form Charm. Nasty.

Clearly, if I want to invest in JB enhancers I'll need a few of them

The opening Charm of Snake is probably the best one, and as a non 2nd excellency success adder it stacks with dice adders. Wouldn't have helped on its own, in this case.

Ifni
2014-09-18, 02:47 PM
Hmm. Brasla's accuracy bonus also comes from Charms (Worthy Steel Investiture). Do those still stack? I would say no.

If it's a bonus to weapon accuracy, I would think they don't stack, but I'll try to find the ruling.

The opening Charm of Snake is probably the best one, and as a non 2nd excellency success adder it stacks with dice adders. Wouldn't have helped on its own, in this case.

Yeah - part of the reason I haven't invested in JB enhancers is that as a not-Wits-and-Awareness-focused character in a group where others are getting well over 10 successes, it's possible to invest in JB enhancers and not actually change the normal tick order at all, and there are more exciting ways to spend multiple Charms :smallwink:

The_Snark
2014-09-18, 02:48 PM
Oh goodness, those are some high Join Battle rolls. I probably don't even need to bother rolling this...
[roll0]

Ifni
2014-09-18, 02:53 PM
Oh goodness, those are some high Join Battle rolls. I probably don't even need to bother rolling this...
[roll0]

Clover and Glass can hang out on Tick 6 together :smallamused: It's a little crowded there...

The_Snark
2014-09-18, 03:02 PM
Yep. We get bonuses if we attack on the same tick anyway, so that works out.

Ifni
2014-09-18, 03:05 PM
Yep. We get bonuses if we attack on the same tick anyway, so that works out.

Ah, right - both coordinated attack bonuses and TN 6 if we're working as a team. It'd probably be a good idea to try to line up with Shah and Brasla too.

Crumplepunch
2014-09-18, 03:56 PM
In case it affects stunt judgements, and because I just really want to link it, I confess I stole "be not" from Kill Six Billion Demons. Specifically, this page. (http://killsixbilliondemons.com/?comic=ksbd-3-39)

Probably NSFW, on the grounds that it features someone getting their skull punched off.

Praise Yisun.

Ah, right - both coordinated attack bonuses and TN 6 if we're working as a team. It'd probably be a good idea to try to line up with Shah and Brasla too.

Brasla acts again on Tick 7 (the grenade was a little cumbersome, but made faster by Jade hearthstone bracers). If you aim for a tick, we're golden.

Imrix.
2014-09-18, 04:41 PM
I enjoyed writing that.

Shah's character sheet has been updated to reveal her weapon and specialties; she wields a Moonsilver Supreme Essence Gatling (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F2p2s-ZqIvCnscr2tdbeYo85L7dDKNrJJgzx-ebxLtI/pub), Laughing Symphony of Bombastic Wrath, with specialties in More Dakka, Air Support and Essence Weapons.

Shah's first action in the combat is to make a Raking Attack at the mob of minor demons, which resolves 1 attack using her weapons Short Burst profile against everything in a line 10 yards long and 1 yard wide. Consulting with Lix makes this out to be probably about 25 of them.

She augments this attack with the Second Dexterity Excellency, Applied Force Technique, Enthusiastically Oversized Weapon Practice and Relentless Blade-Hound Attack, for a total cost of 17m, paid from her personal pool simply because I didn't feel like adding 'explodes with silver light' to the description that's already there.
This adds 4 automatic success to her attack roll, adds 5 dice to her damage roll, increases her weapons Overwhelming rating by 1, allows her to repeat the attack on the demons action without bonuses from Charms, and counts threshold successes on her attack roll twice for damage, or three times if her victims have a negative intimacy towards her, which, to be fair, is doubtful. They won't live that long.

The attack also suits her Intimacy of Loathing towards demons, and so is augmented by Empathic Tyrant's Response; the number of dice assumes an effective 3-die stunt.

[roll0]
Result: 14 successes, counting those from the Second Dexterity Excellency.

Also, the theme song of that post was pretty much this. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nlJuwO0GDs)

Ifni
2014-09-18, 05:32 PM
Those were two very cool opening attacks :smallsmile:

Of course, Glass is obliged to be Totally Not Impressed At All, You Guys :smallwink:

Tick 6: God, 2CD, Glass, 1CDs (Anhule), 1CDs (Antlike), 3CD?
Tick 7: Brasla
Tick 10?: Shah (if the speed-6 raking attack isn't reduced in Speed)

The 3CD is probably acting on Tick 5-6 (Tick 6 if that was Path of the Arbiter Form and she has no way to reduce Speed), so she's up next (along with possibly Everybody Else).

Ifni
2014-09-18, 05:42 PM
Also 'cause I forgot earlier:

Int+Occult [roll0] on demons
EDIT: 2 sux before stunt
Int+Occult [roll1] on god
EDIT: 6 sux before stunt, eeeexcellent :smallwink:

Possible stunt: [roll2]

Lix Lorn
2014-09-20, 10:33 AM
OK, so I think that comes out as:

Tick 6: Absolutely Everyone Else (God, 2CD, Glass, 1CDs (Anhule), 1CDs (Antlike))

Clearly, if I want to invest in JB enhancers I'll need a few of them :smallwink: I am grateful for the tick 6 cap on first action...
Well, I think I've been running it that you get one tick for being faster, rather than basing it on number of successes.
This would result in:
Tick 1: Brasla
Tick 2: Shah
Tick 3: God, Anhule
Tick 4: 2CD
Tick 5: Glass, Shah
Tick 6: Ants!

...but if you prefer the official system, we can do that, since I never actually mentioned I did this. ._.

If it's a bonus to weapon accuracy, I would think they don't stack, but I'll try to find the ruling.
I think we had this discussion earlier! It's effectively a material enhancement, so it stacks the same way MM bonuses do, which was 'not really.'
A Starmetal (+1 acc +3 dam) Moonsilver (+2 acc +2 def) weapon would end up with +2 acc, +3 dam, +2 def.
So stacking +1s on any single trait doesn't work.

You are free to aim/delay even if we use the altered JB. Although you two are the same time anyway.

In case it affects stunt judgements, and because I just really want to link it, I confess I stole "be not" from Kill Six Billion Demons. Specifically, this page. (http://killsixbilliondemons.com/?comic=ksbd-3-39)

Probably NSFW, on the grounds that it features someone getting their skull punched off.

Praise Yisun.
This is fairly cool, but I have absolutely no idea what's going on. xD

Also 'cause I forgot earlier:

Int+Occult [roll0] on demons
EDIT: 2 sux before stunt
Int+Occult [roll1] on god
EDIT: 6 sux before stunt, eeeexcellent :smallwink:

Possible stunt: [roll2]
Amusingly, 2 sux is enough to identify the big 3CD, but not the 2CD or the 1CDs. Demon lore is funny like that.
This is Attraval, the Pyre of Broken Thrones, Demon of the Third Circle, and Ninth Soul of Cecelyne. She is the soul of Cecelyne empowered to punish those who break oaths under her law, and her favoured enforcer when dealing with powerful renegades. When vexed, she can transform at will into a great four-winged obsidian dragon wreathed in cobalt flame. She is known to dabble in several martial arts, but her natural charms mimic Path of the Arbiter Style, with which she forms vicious gauntlets that sear away armour like the desert sun, and a breastplate of gold.
This is a deity named Kasimodente, recognisable from the distant flame visible instead of a face, and the robes he always wears. Many years ago, he was cleared of all charges regarding working for the Yozi. Obviously, this amnesty was premature. Known as the Green Blade, he wields a blade crafted from a still-living tree, which cuts as keenly as a blade of stars.

Crumplepunch
2014-09-20, 10:45 AM
Well, I think I've been running it that you get one tick for being faster, rather than basing it on number of successes.

...but if you prefer the official system, we can do that, since I never actually mentioned I did this. ._.

Seems like a good houserule to me.

I think we had this discussion earlier!

You might well be right. No matter, I can live without an extra +1. Damage is 17/20A/2

You are free to aim/delay even if we use the altered JB. Although you two are the same time anyway

I think you may have misnamed Clover in Tick 5, there.

This is fairly cool, but I have absolutely no idea what's going on. xD

Nobody does.

Lix Lorn
2014-09-20, 12:47 PM
I think you may have misnamed Clover in Tick 5, there.
ACK. X_x

Tick 1: Brasla
Tick 2: Shah
Tick 3: God, Anhule
Tick 4: 2CD
Tick 5: Glass, Clover
Tick 6: Ants! (+Shah's echo attack), Attraval, Brasla
Tick 8: Shah

Ifni
2014-09-20, 01:11 PM
I don't mind that JB houserule, I guess, but can we still cap first tick at 6? (Doesn't matter for this fight, but in general - having lots of people in a fight shouldn't mean that the first people can get 2+ actions off before others get to act at all.)

As for the MM bonuses, there's quasi-official (Ink Monkeys) errata on this now:
http://ericminton.wordpress.com/2014/05/21/ink-monkey-bones-2-hearthstone-weaponry/

Relevant quote:

Effects like Immaculate Gemstone Blade, above, or Sun-Sword Concentration (Ink Monkeys, vol. 32: The Dawn Solution [Part 1]), can add a secondary set of magical materials bonuses to supplement an artifact’s standard magical materials bonuses. Multiple secondary sets of bonuses don’t stack with one another; only one secondary set may provide its benefits at any given time.
If a Charm or other effect explicitly grants multiple secondary sets of magical materials bonuses, that effect overrides this rule.

If you want to rule differently, that's fine of course, but I think the ruling above probably matches the designer intent better (it was always weird that weapon-augmenting Charms would work better for Exalts using the "wrong" magical material, using the previous interpretation).

Lix Lorn
2014-09-20, 02:32 PM
[roll0]
Speeeeeaaaaar

Lix Lorn
2014-09-20, 02:36 PM
I don't mind that JB houserule, I guess, but can we still cap first tick at 6? (Doesn't matter for this fight, but in general - having lots of people in a fight shouldn't mean that the first people can get 2+ actions off before others get to act at all.)
Whoops, I meant to specify I was going to do that.

As for the MM bonuses, there's quasi-official (Ink Monkeys) errata on this now:
http://ericminton.wordpress.com/2014/05/21/ink-monkey-bones-2-hearthstone-weaponry/

Relevant quote:

If you want to rule differently, that's fine of course, but I think the ruling above probably matches the designer intent better (it was always weird that weapon-augmenting Charms would work better for Exalts using the "wrong" magical material, using the previous interpretation).
Ehhh. I kinda like it as is. More fun mechanically, and it sorta echoes the co-operation theme. If people disagree heavily, we can change it later.

[roll0] target 7

Edit: Oh, also? I mentioned this post to a chat of friends.
Congratulations on your Holy Hand Grenade.

Crumplepunch
2014-09-20, 03:39 PM
Edit: Oh, also? I mentioned this post to a chat of friends.
Congratulations on your Holy Hand Grenade.

Don't worry, Brasla counted to five.

Ifni
2014-09-20, 11:44 PM
Lix, how many first circles are left? If there were slightly over 40 ants originally, Brasla took out half and left about ten more injured, Shah took out about another dozen... so there are about ten left, some of whom are injured?

Roughly how many anhules are around, that we can see?

Ifni
2014-09-22, 11:19 PM
Just to clarify, I am definitely going to try to punch the Unquestionable with Adorjan* because honestly how often do you get an opportunity :smallwink:, I'm just figuring out what (if anything) I want to do with the rest of my action. So information on what we're still facing would be good.

*At least, if I think it will work. MoEP:Sidereals says:

Entities that come from regions beyond the reach of fate—most notably demons, the dead and the Fair Folk—are immune to Sidereal astrology. The Viziers cannot force destinies upon creatures beyond the reach of fate; they see through the false identities created by Sidereal astrology, and ignore the powers conferred by those guises.
So that would suggest you can't use Resplendency powers against demons. But Chains of Adorjan says:

The character may touch a victim and make the Superior Sign of the Rising Smoke to summon Adorjan, the Silent Wind. The Yozi scours the target for his next three actions. See Exalted, pp. 130–131, for full rules on the effects of the Silent Wind of Malfeas. In Creation, Adorjan is weakened, and her Trauma trait loses the L tag, inflicting only dice of damage. When used against a demon, this Resplendency inflicts only one Paradox die and lasts 13 actions.
So I've been figuring this is a case of a specific rule trumping the general one (or rather, that the Resplendency power is "summon Adorjan to beat up your enemies" and being outside Fate doesn't make you immune to Adorjan). But if it's just not going to work and Glass would know that, that would also be good to know before I write a stunt post :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2014-09-23, 03:25 PM
Lix, how many first circles are left? If there were slightly over 40 ants originally, Brasla took out half and left about ten more injured, Shah took out about another dozen... so there are about ten left, some of whom are injured?

Roughly how many anhules are around, that we can see?
wait crud I did not plan this properly
Yes, that sounds right, and there are around twenty anhule in the corners of the room.

Just to clarify, I am definitely going to try to punch the Unquestionable with Adorjan* because honestly how often do you get an opportunity :smallwink:, I'm just figuring out what (if anything) I want to do with the rest of my action. So information on what we're still facing would be good.

*At least, if I think it will work. MoEP:Sidereals says:

So that would suggest you can't use Resplendency powers against demons. But Chains of Adorjan says:

So I've been figuring this is a case of a specific rule trumping the general one (or rather, that the Resplendency power is "summon Adorjan to beat up your enemies" and being outside Fate doesn't make you immune to Adorjan). But if it's just not going to work and Glass would know that, that would also be good to know before I write a stunt post :smallwink:
It will work.
To clarify, though, that ability should probably be summoning the winds of adorjan, rather than the entire presence of the yozi. Since. That's a little over the top extreme for even celestial exalted.

Incidentally, I believe that parry is a one die, which means you're actually going to get hit!

Ifni
2014-09-23, 03:57 PM
To clarify, though, that ability should probably be summoning the winds of adorjan, rather than the entire presence of the yozi. Since. That's a little over the top extreme for even celestial exalted.

I am absolutely cool with not actually summoning Adorjan-The-Yozi into my manse :smallwink:

Crumplepunch
2014-09-23, 04:11 PM
I am absolutely cool with not actually summoning Adorjan-The-Yozi into my manse :smallwink:

I think you invited her before but she got bored and wandered off somewhere.

Ifni
2014-09-24, 01:19 AM
Post is nearly done. One question, Lix, was my post for augmenting Brasla's attacks worth anything stunt-wise? (You can stunt unrolled actions.) Glass' itty bitty Sidereal mote pool wants to know :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2014-09-28, 04:42 PM
Good to know. xD

I think you invited her before but she got bored and wandered off somewhere.
(snrks)
Well played.

Post is nearly done. One question, Lix, was my post for augmenting Brasla's attacks worth anything stunt-wise? (You can stunt unrolled actions.) Glass' itty bitty Sidereal mote pool wants to know :smallwink:
Ah, whoops.
Pretty much anyone in this game can expect a one die on anything they bother typing. That one was a two.

Ifni
2014-09-28, 06:33 PM
OK, Clover gets Unobstructed Blow on her attacks then :smallwink:

I think we're just waiting on an ST update to resolve the attacks. Sorry for the Incredibly Complicated Action o' Doom: if any of my assumptions were wrong, just let me know and I can rerun the numbers for the results.

Imrix.
2014-10-02, 07:22 PM
Just a heads up; Lix is spending the day with her girlfriend and staying off the net. I meant to mention it earlier, but, well, life, best laid plans. Apologies.

Ifni
2014-10-09, 09:03 PM
It's been a couple of weeks, any updates?

Ifni
2014-10-15, 07:35 PM
Pokety poke poke :smallwink: Did I kill the thread with my attack sequence of complicatedness?

Edge
2014-10-16, 04:16 AM
That's not what led to me being quiet. :smalltongue:

I've been wrestling with being ill, medicine that makes things worth, and having been ill so long that it's cost me my job. Naturally, I've been a little preoccupied. I'll see about getting another post for Ivory done in the nest couple of days though.

The_Snark
2014-10-16, 04:28 AM
... yikes. That sounds really rough; I hope you get better soon. (Actually, I hope you are better already, that would be ideal, but if not: convalesce! You hear that, Edge's Immune System? Step up your game!)

Edge
2014-10-16, 05:40 AM
... yikes. That sounds really rough; I hope you get better soon. (Actually, I hope you are better already, that would be ideal, but if not: convalesce! You hear that, Edge's Immune System? Step up your game!)

That would actually be the worst possible thing, since my immune system being overactive is the problem. :smalltongue:

Imrix.
2014-10-16, 06:46 AM
I've been poking Lix on Skype/Aim. Haven't had an answer since last Saturday :/

The_Snark
2014-10-18, 05:43 AM
That would actually be the worst possible thing, since my immune system being overactive is the problem. :smalltongue:

Oops! In that case, slack off, Edge's Immune System. A stranger on the Internet commands it!

(Seriously, I do hope things get better for you, both health- and job-wise. Don't worry about us.)