PDA

View Full Version : E6 Rogue help

OldTrees1
2013-12-10, 03:28 PM
I want to be able to Hide while observed without cover/concealment by 6th level. (Aka before the 5000xp per feat)

Valid sources: Official WotC books, no campaign specific(unless it is ebberron), no material from adventure modules (No Cormyr- Tearing of the Weave)

What are my options?
I know I could do Dark creature(ToM) + Wilderness Rogue Special Ability: Camouflage(Capstone Feat). But I would like an ability that is not limited to dark natural settings.

Lord Vukodlak
2013-12-10, 05:06 PM
I want to be able to Hide while observed without cover/concealment by 6th level. (Aka before the 5000xp per feat)

Valid sources: Official WotC books, no campaign specific(unless it is ebberron), no material from adventure modules (No Cormyr- Tearing of the Weave)

What are my options?
I know I could do Dark creature(ToM) + Wilderness Rogue Special Ability: Camouflage(Capstone Feat). But I would like an ability that is not limited to dark natural settings.

A high bluff can create a diversion and give you the opportunity to hide.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-12-10, 06:23 PM
Keep in mind that in E6, a level adjustment doesn't actually count against your levels, it instead gives you a reduced level adjustment, so definitely use Dark Creature regardless.

Get a level of Swordsage, or spend two feats on Martial Study and Martial Stance, to get the Child of Shadow stance. That automatically gives you concealment any time you move at least 10 feet in a single turn.

Wear a tiny bauble on a cord or chain around your neck. Hire an NPC Cleric to cast (DMM: Extended, Heightened) Deeper Darkness on it every few days. Hold the bauble in your mouth to block the darkness effect, when needed you can 'drop' it as a free action by spitting it out. It will then fall back into place hanging around your neck and plunge the area into darkness, allowing you to hide.

An Underfolk from Races of Destiny gets Camouflage as a racial ability. The specifics of the ability are different from the Wilderness Rogue and Ranger ability by the same name, but the abilities have identical names so their effects won't stack. You could take Wilderness Rogue and get Hide in Plain Sight with the capstone feat, since you would already have Camouflage.

OldTrees1
2013-12-10, 10:26 PM
Using Bluff for a diversion is a good backup

I know LA reduces point buy in E6 however point buy is still precious. I might still take it even if the forum discovers some way to avoid needing it.

Child of Shadow explicitly cannot be used to hide.

I would prefer not to be easily identifiable as the center of a globe of darkness.

Underfolk's Camouflage ability does not remove the cover/concealment requirement.

Emperor Tippy
2013-12-11, 01:08 AM
The Shadow Creature Template.

It's LA +2 (I don't remember the E6 LA rules off the top of my head) but its pretty good regardless. Fast healing 2, 1.5 times base speed, total concealment in anything but full daylight, and a few other fun little things.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-12-11, 01:13 AM
IIRC LA+2 drops your PB to 25. I feel that template without stat adjustments aren't that good in E6 unless you are playing a SAD caster.

OldTrees1
2013-12-11, 01:39 AM
For other reasons I want to have +1LA from Ghost 1, have the Ghostly Grasp feat (Req: Cha 15) and be a Dwarf (needed for Silver Key)

15 Cha = 15 Cha (10 point buy = E6 for +3LA) -0 Cha (Desert/Dream Dwarf)

So Shadow Creature barely works. However it works in the dark (compared to the Ghost-Wilderness Rogue that only works in dark natural terrain)

Any other solutions?

lsfreak
2013-12-11, 01:55 AM
I have nothing to offer, except to talk to the DM. That HiPS isn't a rogue special ability in the first place is bs and one I would happily remedy if one of my players approached me about it.

Note that there's an additional issue with darkness-based concealment, and that is you lose the ability to sneak attack unless you're concealed and the person you're currently spleening isn't.