PDA

View Full Version : Words have POWER! (3.5 race) The Aavahtii

AkazilliaDeNaro
2013-12-10, 03:39 PM
So i had a dream last night and came up with this race.

The Aavahtii

Physical Description
Aavahtii are rather tall and spindly, having thin limbs and a narrow torso. They have dull grey skin and are incapable of growing any form of hair or fur. Thier faces are elongated and they have two sets of eyes. In addition they have a second thumb on their dominant hand situated opposite of their other thumb. While the Aavahtii may look clumsy they move very easily and gracefully.

Personality
Aavahtii are generally very polite, when it comes to races they respect, and very arrogant when it comes to races they don’t. But, they will always give a person the benefit of the doubt and treat everyone with respect on their first meeting.

Relations With Other Races
Aavahtii believe humans and half humans to be barbaric and brutish. Although they will attempt to give anyone a chance make a good impression.

Alignment
Aavahtii have a very strict code of law and as such are either lawful neutral or true neutral almost never swaying into evil.

Lands
Aavahtii live near the tops of mountains so they may be closer to the heavens.

Religion
The Aavahtii do not have a deity they worship directly. Instead they worship an ideal called The Way of the Voice.

Language
Aavahtii speak telepathically and through a very complex sign language when in groups. they are capable of speaking aloud but do so quite sparingly as their voice can contain great power if used incorrectly.

Common Names
Aavahtii like to use double vowels in their names, male names usually contain double ‘a’s and female names contain double ‘i’s.
Male names: Aarrookt, Zaartuuk,
Female names: Rookviith, Giinbree,

Adventurers
Aavahtii rarely seek adventure, but when they do it is usually in the pursuit of knowledge.

Aavahtii Racial Traits
Abilities: -2 Str and Con +2 Dex and Int
Size: Medium
Type: Aberration
Movement Rate: 30ft land
Voice of the Gods: Aavahtii adults are capable of speaking in the voice of the gods, a very powerful language use by deities, doing so is highly dangerous, to themselves and those around them.
Telepathy: Aavahtii use telepathy as their major form of communication, it has a range of 120 ft.
Languages: Common Telepathy and Aavahtii Sign
Favoured Class:
LA:+1

Aavahtii Template

Abilities: +2 Dex, +2 Int, as well as -2 to Str, and Con.
Size: Medium
Type: Aberration
Movement Rate: Unchanged.
Voice of the Gods: Aavahtii adults are capable of speaking in the voice of the gods, a very powerful language use by deities, doing so is highly dangerous, to themselves and those around them.
Telepathy: Aavahtii use telepathy as their major form of communication, it has a range of 120 ft.
Languages: Common, Telepathy 120 ft. , and Aavahtii Sign.
Favoured Class:
LA:+1

Ralcos
2013-12-10, 06:47 PM
This is a pretty cool Race/Template set. I'd make it so the Template is +1 or +2 LA, but that's just me.

Question: What are the concequences of speaking this Deific language? You don't put any rules for any risk involved, so I had to ask.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2013-12-10, 07:00 PM
This is a pretty cool Race/Template set. I'd make it so the Template is +1 or +2 LA, but that's just me.

Question: What are the concequences of speaking this Deific language? You don't put any rules for any risk involved, so I had to ask.

I'm not sure how to work the mechanics of it. THe language is supposed to be incredibly powerful. powerful enough that if you were to get several Aavahtii together they could decimate countries. the consequence is that the power they unleash attacks friend as well as foe so they probably wouldn't make it out alive.

Ralcos
2013-12-10, 07:15 PM
I'm not sure how to work the mechanics of it. THe language is supposed to be incredibly powerful. powerful enough that if you were to get several Aavahtii together they could decimate countries. the consequence is that the power they unleash attacks friend as well as foe so they probably wouldn't make it out alive.

I'd make it so such a use kills the users. Even if they survived, or was ressurected, the gods (good or evil) would kill the users eventually. Such power shouldn't be in mortal hands anyways (in their opinion). :smallsmile:

As an aside, you don't truely need mechanics to represent this (in my opinion, this is more of a story element than a mechanic)