PDA

View Full Version : Half-Dragon Vermin Question

Afgncaap5
2013-12-10, 03:47 PM
I'm making a sea monster in a 3.5 game, and was going about it by applying the half-dragon template to a gargantuan monstrous crab. It's pretty straightforward for the most part, but I'm trying to figure out if the monster still retains the "mindless" feature from its vermin traits that makes it immune to mind magic. On the one hand, augmented creature types usually retain features of its original type. On the other hand, not only is it no longer a vermin, but the trait also gives it a +2 to its Intelligence (which for the purposes of this I'm assuming to be 0 instead of Null). Theoretically it has a mind now, no matter what the original type was.

I may make it a situational thing depending on how well/poorly the players fare against it in case they need an edge, but on the off chance that the situation actually comes up I was wondering if anyone knows of a direct thing from the rules that says that an increase in intelligence takes away mindlessness. Thanks!

Fouredged Sword
2013-12-10, 03:56 PM
It would be an Int 2 dragon, not a vermin. It would loose all characteristics of the vermin type and gain the benefits of the dragon type, meaning it isn't mindless anymore.