PDA

View Full Version : I need a good TN/NE/CN god that's not too evil.

Brendanicus
2013-12-10, 04:34 PM
Hey guys, I need some help working on my new character. He's a TN human rogue/dungeon delver who is a literal murder-hobo; he regularly fishes out of garbage cans, rarely speaks (proficient in sign language), and flouts hygiene.

The big problem with such a silly character is that he needs some sort of actual motivation, and he is extremely apathetic to the world around him. Therefore, I was thinking that he simply secretly follows the orders of an obscure TN, CN, or NE god, one who has very little interest in the Material Plain or its inhabitents. That last part is crucial, as it's a mostly good-aligned party, and a major chunk of the campaign involves destroying evil cults. Therefore, any deity major enough to have a cult is out. Any ideas, guys/gals?

Vaz
2013-12-10, 04:37 PM
'Gold'

No, seriously.

Novawurmson
2013-12-10, 04:39 PM
I really like Evening Glory, from Libris Mortis. She's mostly a romantic goddess, so if your character has an old flame that s/he's hoping to be reunited with after death, it could be a good choice.

Zubrowka74
2013-12-10, 04:48 PM
Which setting ?

For FR I'd say Ao. Hence he's a hobo since he's some kind of oucast or something. And a little crazy too.

He could worship a dead god.

Brendanicus
2013-12-10, 04:55 PM
Which setting ?

For FR I'd say Ao. Hence he's a hobo since he's some kind of oucast or something. And a little crazy too.

He could worship a dead god.Freeport from Pathfinder? Not sure if that's an actual setting or not. I'm new to RPG's.

Also, the more alien the god is, the better.

Greenish
2013-12-10, 05:11 PM
Freeport is in Golarion, to the best of my knowledge. There are a few interesting candidates from Inner Sea World Guide.

There are The Eldest, mysterious semi-divine powers from (de-facto) fey realm. Of interest might be Count Ranalc, CN, whose areas of concern are betrayal, exiles, and shadows, or Lost Prince, Neutral, whose area of (very little) concern is basically brooding.

Though, I don't see how worshipping a deity that's not interested in anything that's going on will help to motivate your character.

Brendanicus
2013-12-10, 05:23 PM
Freeport is in Golarion, to the best of my knowledge. There are a few interesting candidates from Inner Sea World Guide.

There are The Eldest, mysterious semi-divine powers from (de-facto) fey realm. Of interest might be Count Ranalc, CN, whose areas of concern are betrayal, exiles, and shadows, or Lost Prince, Neutral, whose area of (very little) concern is basically brooding.

Though, I don't see how worshipping a deity that's not interested in anything that's going on will help to motivate your character.The Lost Prince sonds great! Thanks for the advice.

As for why I need an apathetic god, my character is extremely withdrawn, has little intrest in wordly possesions, and just plain weird. Not the kind of person who would join a band of adventurers, except if he's Chaotic Stupid. Which he's not.

The idea for his motivation is that he gets whispered orders from his deity, compelling him to partake in a vaguely-defind plan that probably won't ever be plot relevent,which happens to involve following the party. Therefore, he gets motivation for not just plopping his butt down on a streetcorner, and his eccentricities can be somewhat explained without ruining his inscrutable nature.

Craft (Cheese)
2013-12-10, 05:30 PM
If it's Golarion, Groetus is a decent choice. He's the CN God of the End Times with a mysterious agenda, worshipped exclusively by madmen (No, really, choosing to worship Groetus turns you incurably insane until you stop worshipping him). It's unclear which of his "mandates" actually come from him and which are just their own delusions.