PDA

View Full Version : Backed into a Corner

SavageWombat
2013-12-10, 07:02 PM
I can't help but notice that Rich has carefully moved the party fighters off the deck of the ship. Haley is disabled. V will have to spend his effort checkmating Laurin.

Tarquin has successfully pushed Elan into a situation where if he, personally, doesn't act, someone he loves is going to die.

I wonder if the thread referring to "family members dangling from ledges" doesn't have the main point here. Elan will have to do the right thing again, but this time, instead of sparing his family member, he'll be dooming him.

Kornaki
2013-12-12, 11:33 AM
I can't help but notice that Rich has carefully moved the party fighters off the deck of the ship. Haley is disabled. V will have to spend his effort checkmating Laurin.

Tarquin has successfully pushed Elan into a situation where if he, personally, doesn't act, someone he loves is going to die.

I wonder if the thread referring to "family members dangling from ledges" doesn't have the main point here. Elan will have to do the right thing again, but this time, instead of sparing his family member, he'll be dooming him.

Tarquin had pushed Elan into that situation before V showed up. Also, he doesn't love Tarquin at this point.

Grey Watcher
2013-12-12, 11:42 AM

I'm a little rusty on how long it should take Durkon to refresh his spells, but Roy should be back after just a few rounds to get downstairs, drink some potions, and come back. Heck, if they have potions of Restoration down there, Belkar could be back in fighting shape, too.

AKA_Bait
2013-12-12, 11:47 AM
I'm a little rusty on how long it should take Durkon to refresh his spells, but Roy should be back after just a few rounds to get downstairs, drink some potions, and come back. Heck, if they have potions of Restoration down there, Belkar could be back in fighting shape, too.

Yep. And, although it was previously possible for Miron to pop back into the fight at any moment, the battle's relocation has made that less probable. So, really, we aren't looking at Tarquin v. Elan, but Tarquin v. Elan and Roy with options for Belkar, Durkon (who would be useful even if he stops preparing spells to participated in the battle), and possibly Haley.

I say Haley because, although it looks probably that Haley will be debilitated, we don't actually know what mechanical effect other than a round of dazing Tarquin's arm snap will have on her.

Shining Wrath
2013-12-12, 11:50 AM
Yep. And, although it was previously possible for Miron to pop back into the fight at any moment, the battle's relocation has made that less probable. So, really, we aren't looking at Tarquin v. Elan, but Tarquin v. Elan and Roy with options for Belkar, Durkon (who would be useful even if he stops preparing spells to participated in the battle), and possibly Haley.

I say Haley because, although it looks probably that Haley will be debilitated, we don't actually know what mechanical effect other than a round of dazing Tarquin's arm snap will have on her.

I have a pretty good idea that Haley knows that if Tarquin lives another 5 minutes she will be dead. And she's a tough gal.

Tarquin and / or Laurin are going to get some Haley one-handed fighting.

Koo Rehtorb
2013-12-12, 12:12 PM
Well I sure hope Haley doesn't end up being the damsel in distress of the scene.

Bulldog Psion
2013-12-12, 01:11 PM
Well, Durkon needs an hour to restore his spells, so he's not going to have any even if he rejoins the fray. D&D combat is too quick to permit resting for spells in the midst of battle. Which is undoubtedly a feature, not a bug. :smallbiggrin:

King of Nowhere
2013-12-12, 02:11 PM
if elan let tarquin fall o the ground, it's 20d6 points of damage. T is regenerating hp, so he's still close to maximum despite several attritions. there,s no way the fall is going to kill him.

Fish
2013-12-12, 02:23 PM
Haley has Z's wands. Who knows what role they'll play?

Other than that, yes: I think this is sonething Elan should do.

Cue Captain Mal: "No it's not!"