PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Magical Knack + Eldritch Heritage on a Sorcerer?

Talya
2013-12-10, 09:14 PM
So, you have a sorcerer who takes the Eldritch Heritage line of feats.

For purposes of using that power, treat your sorcerer level as equal to your character level – 2, even if you have levels in sorcerer.

That's pretty ironclad.

But what if you took the trait "Magical Knack" and apply it to the sorcerer level you are treating as equal to your character level -2?

Benefit: Pick a class when you gain this trait—your caster level in that class gains a +2 trait bonus as long as this bonus doesn't raise your caster level above your current Hit Dice.

It seems kinda like the Natural Bond trick in 3.5. (Which I liked, except the druid didn't need it.)

GreenZ
2013-12-10, 09:36 PM
I do not believe it stacks.

Magical Knack increases your Caster Level while Eldritch Heritage checks your Character Level.

A level 12 Fighter with Eldritch Heritage and Magical Knack (Sorcerer) has the Bloodline Power with strength equal to a level 10 Sorcerer and is considered Caster Level 2.

Talya
2013-12-10, 09:48 PM
I do not believe it stacks.

Magical Knack increases your Caster Level while Eldritch Heritage checks your Character Level.

As a technicality, Eldritch Heritage gives you a sorcerer level equal to your character level -2, for the purpose of the power granted by the feat.

The question is whether you can apply Magical Knack to that sorcerer level. I'd rule you can.

But your point is valid; it just means, that if magical knack is applicable, then a fighter with magical knack can use it to apply to their eldritch heritage granted sorcerer level just as well as a sorcerer can.

Cog
2013-12-10, 10:03 PM
"Sorcerer level" and "caster level" are different things. If the specific bloodline power you chose grants a caster level itself (by means of offering an SLA or such), then this would work, but at a quick glance that seems to be rare and almost entirely restricted to the capstones.