PDA

View Full Version : Random B/S Does save or die spells, save or heal undead?

CyberThread
2013-12-11, 01:48 AM
Am just pulling this out of the top of my head, but if something is a save or die spell and uses negative energy, do you think if you aimed it at an undead creature, it would save or heal it fully?

Sir Chuckles
2013-12-11, 02:34 AM
Humans, healed by positive energy, can be killed by an overload of positive energy.

So the first option is "Undead get overloaded and die".
The other option is what you stated. Fully healed.

Those are two most obvious off the top of my head, but there's probably 50 more options because, well, this is D&D.

AMFV
2013-12-11, 02:36 AM
Am just pulling this out of the top of my head, but if something is a save or die spell and uses negative energy, do you think if you aimed it at an undead creature, it would save or heal it fully?

It depends on the specifics of the spell, what's the spell in question?

Andezzar
2013-12-11, 02:42 AM
Don't forget that undead are immune to any spell that requires a fort save unless it also affects objects. So they are immune to many SoD spells anyways.

TuggyNE
2013-12-11, 03:13 AM

Nothing at all happens in the general case. Specific spells may, in rare cases, have some sort of special effect that must be outlined in the spell itself.

Next question!

AMFV
2013-12-11, 03:14 AM
Nothing at all happens in the general case. Specific spells may, in rare cases, have some sort of special effect that must be outlined in the spell itself.

Next question!

Although since a negative and a negative can make a positive when multiplied, maybe it brings the undead back to life, that'd be surprising, and probably inconvenient.