PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Armor Costs?

Crukul
2013-12-11, 09:17 AM
So I'm currently playing in a game as a Druid, so I suppose I might as well try to figure out this issue sooner rather than later.

I know that armor costs more to make to fit larger and/or nonhumanoid creatures, but the point at which I face confusion is does the multiplier affect the cost of the entire armor, including things like Masterwork or materials like Mithral or Adamantine, or just the base cost?

For example, say I wanted to make/buy a Mithral Chain Shirt, but for a Heavy Horse (Large + Nonhumanoid = x4 cost). Would the cost be 1400 gold (multiplying only the 100 gold base cost) or would it be 4400 gold (Multiplying the entire cost for a Medium Humanoid)?

Fax Celestis
2013-12-11, 10:02 AM
It's unclear, but I believe the intention is for materials and base item costs to multiply. Post creation alterations (such as enchanting the armor) would be at standard cost, though.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-11, 10:52 AM
Yeah, the material cost should multiply. Barding takes more metal (or in this case, more mithral) than normal-person armor does.

So covering a horse in mystical metals costs mad money. This should not come as a surprise.