PDA

View Full Version : Question on Ruby Knight Vindicator

Setra
2013-12-11, 05:42 PM
Does it continue turn undead progression?

I know they can use the attempts, but would a Cleric 4/Crusader1/RKV5 turn undead as a level 4, 8, or 9 Cleric?

Craft (Cheese)
2013-12-11, 05:45 PM
4th. A class doesn't continue turn undead progression unless it specifically says that it does, which RKV does not.

Setra
2013-12-11, 05:47 PM
4th. A class doesn't continue turn undead progression unless it specifically says that it does, which RKV does not.
Thanks, I thought so but I didn't want to bring it up to my friend unless I was sure.

Feralventas
2013-12-11, 05:51 PM
Are you sure about that? It seems strange to make several of the RKV's key class features function through spending turn attempts and Not have it progress them.

Craft (Cheese)
2013-12-11, 05:53 PM
You don't gain more turn attempts as you level, you just gain a higher modifier on the turning check. RKV's abilities spend turn attempts but don't actually involve turning checks.

Darrin
2013-12-11, 09:01 PM
Are you sure about that? It seems strange to make several of the RKV's key class features function through spending turn attempts and Not have it progress them.

That's what the Extra Turning feat is for.

Well, that and nightsticks. But RKV + Nightsticks really does turn the Windicator into a "Relativistic Kill Vehicle".

Even if RKV did add levels to Turn Undead, it would be a nearly useless ability, since you'd never use them for actually turning undead. (You get more TUs by raiding Cha, not by raising your effective turning level.)