PDA

View Full Version : Customize Creation

Ruethgar
2013-12-11, 06:59 PM
So I have a character that is abusing some lovely cheese to get thematic abilities. It is made in lucid dreaming and magic jar. Create a small awakened tree shaped like a humanoid, make it a Living Item Tree Staff with infinite Spell Investitures per quintessential druid. Petrify the tree and use the object to make a permanent animated object to incarnate. That would get rid of the powerful Plant Type and non-ability Constitution and put you at a +2 NA, +2 Dex 40ft speed no special qualities or abilities. Living Item, Tree Staff and Spell Investitures are not taken away since they are not covered under the things removed by Incarnate.

Make it less effective round to round by making it all with Create Device. Living Item make a Bio Feedback power source, Spell Invest the basic abilities you want to keep as constant abilities. For example, my character is focused on ice so he gets 100/day create water, create ice object and ice shape. Throw all of the more powerful spells onto the spell staff. I tend to avoid direct damage and things that would be instant game breaking, making them cost a lot of charges(War Wall of Ice is 40). Using lucid dreaming and dreaming traps of persisted time stop. That gets you an easy 4 decades of sleep per night to regenerate 4d10 charges per night. Going with about 5 charges per spell level sounds good with 1 for cantrips and orisons.

So now you have a humanoid +2 natural armor, +2 dex, 40ft speed, you can customize appearance to anything you want in a humanoid form. You can also freely customize a thematic set of spells to be extraordinary abilities usable every 1d4 rounds. Easily cheesy, yes, but also a wonderful tool for making characters that you want to look a specific way and focus on a certain area without having to look for the exact class and feat combinations you need.

I like this a lot, make it a first level AEG Witch, 19 Commoner, throw on the slow flaw to fix the super speed. That lets you use the spell trigger for wizards and druid spells without actually adding much power.

Ice:

Power Source: Biofeedback- one charge every 1d4 rounds can force recharge with charisma(but run the risk of exploding).
Spell Invest:

20/day CL 20 Create Water
10/day CL 5 Conjure Ice Object
15/day CL 10 Ice Shape

Tree Staff:

3 Charges CL 20 War Create Water
5 Charges CL 10 Flash Freeze
8 Charges CL 10 Column of Ice
10 Charges CL 10 Wall of Ice
15 Charges CL 10 War Conjure Ice Object
20 Charges CL 10 Blizzard
30 Charges CL 15 Extended Ice Castle