PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a bot guys, okay?

Lheticus
2013-12-11, 08:47 PM
About a minute ago, I tried to add some details to my profile, and accidentally left the "are you a bot" field blank. I retried, entering "either yes or no" without the quotation marks because I felt like being a smart-aleck. Neither of these are a problem of course, but after that I stopped dingbatting around and typed in simply "yes" without the quotation marks. I still got the message that I hadn't entered in the field correctly. Is this problem a thing for anyone else?

On a possibly but probably not related note, the site also says I do not have access privileges to look at my own posting and thread starting history. Also, I have seen references on the site to a search function that to all appearances on my end, does not in fact exist. These two situations have perplexed me for some time, I figured I'd throw in a mention of them here. I can haz help plz?

NerdyKris
2013-12-11, 08:51 PM
You entered "yes" in the "Are you a bot" field? Have you tried "no"?

Hamste
2013-12-11, 08:52 PM
You answered yes to are you a bot? I think the correct answer is no but you might want to cheat off someone else.

The search function is temporarily (but indefinitely) down so unfortunately you can not find posts made by yourself. Google searching your username followed by GITP will find you some of them though

Lheticus
2013-12-11, 08:56 PM
...Oh wow. I must be sleepier than I thought and paying far less attention. Talk about an egg-on-face moment...I apologize for creating such derp for this sub-board. >_<

Mando Knight
2013-12-11, 09:27 PM
Google searching your username followed by GITP will find you some of them though

Or use site:giantitp.com as a parameter instead of GITP. "site:website" as a parameter tells Google to restrict all results to just those from the given website.

Roland St. Jude
2013-12-11, 09:43 PM
Sheriff: Okay, then, I guess. Problem solved?