PDA

View Full Version : Our pub "Moradin's Hammer"

Belladonna Took
2013-12-11, 09:00 PM
So I'm in a role playing group and we recently earned the deed to a bar. One character in our group is Moradin (or an earthly version of him) and thus we named this bar Moradin's Hammer because he revealed himself as Moradin during the war that caused us to earn the bar. And Moradin's Hammer is where you go to get hammered.

And happy hour is Hammer Time.

I just wanted to share this wonderful event.

G.Cube
2013-12-11, 09:07 PM
Very nice, just don't get too "hammered" and "act a fool of a Took!" :smallbiggrin:

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-12-11, 09:19 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh, Moradin's Hammer is mighty indeed,
whatever ya bang on you get Dwarven Mead!
You bang on a rock or ya bang on a tree,
whatever you bang on you get Dwarven Mead!

Chronos
2013-12-11, 10:56 PM
I like it... It also fits in with the medieval tradition of signs for businesses (especially pubs) being symbolic, rather than words: Your sign is obviously just a big hammer hanging from a bracket outside your door.

Belladonna Took
2013-12-11, 11:11 PM
And after some very difficult convincing for our two Paladins this bar is now a brothel as well, with Moradin being our only male companion available (I mean he's all for creating more dwarves!)
So our new catch phrase is "Come get hammered and then see Moradin's Hammer ;)"

atomicwaffle
2013-12-11, 11:23 PM
"Get hammered anvil your belly!"

Bullet06320
2013-12-12, 03:55 AM
as far as the paladin and brothel thing goes, as long as its legalally run, and consenting adults involved, not a slave brothel, I think your all good, but then paladins can be prudes anyways, lol

Chronos
2013-12-12, 08:50 AM
And this is why I always say that a paladin's player and the DM should sit down before the game and hammer out exactly what that paladin's code is.

Frosty
2013-12-12, 11:16 AM
And after some very difficult convincing for our two Paladins this bar is now a brothel as well, with Moradin being our only male companion available (I mean he's all for creating more dwarves!)
So our new catch phrase is "Come get hammered and then see Moradin's Hammer ;)"Will your party hire many female dwarves to work?

Belladonna Took
2013-12-15, 01:29 AM
And this is why I always say that a paladin's player and the DM should sit down before the game and hammer out exactly what that paladin's code is.

Our paladin's have a hammered out code of conduct, which technically allows it as long as it is not a slave brothel but they were struggling with it anyway just because of their conscience.

Will your party hire many female dwarves to work?

We will, as long as they would like to be hired, but Moradin will be the only male.