PDA

View Full Version : Monster PC Question

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-11, 10:36 PM
Ok so I have a friend who is playing in PF or at 3.P game as a Leprechaun with the Giant Template to make them a medium sized (Also apparently makes the -4 Str penalty from the Leprechaun go down to a 0 penalty)

But he wants advice on what classes to be. This is Gestalt and I suggested Beguiler on one half due to the lore of a Leprechaun with its deceitful ways. But also maybe Druid.

So what classes out of PF and 3.5 are best suited for a Gestalt for a Leprechaun. 3rd Party classes that are on the PFSRD are allowed.

cakellene
2013-12-11, 10:42 PM
Depends on what they want the character to do.

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-11, 10:46 PM
Well he wants to both play into the Leprechaun theme but also a little different. He wants to not just be a gimmick but the gimmick is kinda the reason he is making a Leprechaun in the first place.

Also he is considering having it be part melee part caster build, with some skill monkeying on the side.

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-11, 11:07 PM
Btw
These are Spell-Like Abilities he gets as a Leprechaun
Constant—shillelagh
At will—dancing lights, ghost sound (DC 13), invisibility (self only), mage hand, major image (visual and auditory elements only, DC 16), prestidigitation, ventriloquism (DC 14)
3/day—color spray (DC 14), fabricate (1 cubic foot of material only)
1/day—major creation

cakellene
2013-12-11, 11:14 PM
How does the constant work? Any weapon he wields acts as if that spell were cast on it? What if he uses a weapon that isn't valid target?

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-11, 11:18 PM
I believe the spell itself has a restriction of Club or Quarterstaff so if he picks up a sword nothing happens. But if he picks up a club it gets it as bonus, also it has to be a Non-Magical weapon. So if he picks up a stick he gains it but if he picks up a magic club it doesnt work.

cakellene
2013-12-11, 11:24 PM
Makes sense, as for class, I think warlock might be a good thematic choice.

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-11, 11:28 PM
Can you give me selling points?

I was thinking Beguiler//Warblade for Int Synergy and both trickery spells (Most of which he can use daily anyway now that I think of it) and can fight well.

cakellene
2013-12-11, 11:31 PM
Minor casting abilities without major bookkeeping, has a bit of skill use iirc.

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-11, 11:37 PM
I see well at the level he will be starting I think he would get roughly 3 Invocations of the Least type. Is that worth the trade off of a whole spell list 1-6?

Or should he just take Extra Invocation a lot?

Vizzerdrix
2013-12-11, 11:43 PM
TWF rogue. Inviso-smacking the living heck out of things with his magical walking sticks. Go for greater mighty wallop in a wand when he can.

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-11, 11:46 PM
I honestly told him a Factotum//Warblade would be awesome with At will Invisibility.

Beguiler is nice especially for illusions plus those spells from the Wizard/Sorcerer spell list. Warlock is nice but remember this is Gestalt so if its Warlock it would be passive.

Yogibear41
2013-12-12, 04:45 AM
TWF rogue. Inviso-smacking the living heck out of things with his magical walking sticks. Go for greater mighty wallop in a wand when he can.

Wouldn't greater might wallop make the stick magical and thereby break the shillelagh?

What book are leprechauns in? As well as this giant template?

Pathfinder things?

Macabros
2013-12-12, 12:12 PM
Not sure about books but

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/simple-template-giant-cr-1

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/leprechaun

They are on the SRD site.
I believe he used the rebuild rules for Giant template.

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-12, 12:15 PM
Yeah he did but also we are using it as a CR 0 due to his size change from Small to Medium and its only real offset is the Str which Leprechaun has a -4 so it evens out so a CR 0 seemed fair.