PDA

View Full Version : The books: what is 'Scratch and Dent'?

Quartz
2013-12-12, 08:51 AM
I've just been on to Ookoodook with a view to purchasing the books. I see there are two versions of most of them: plain and 'Scratch and Dent'. But I can't spot the difference; what is the difference?

SaintRidley
2013-12-12, 08:56 AM
The scratch and dent ones are just that. They came with minor dings which are noticeable enough that they merit a discount.

Kish
2013-12-12, 08:57 AM
The "Scratch and Dent" ones are sold "as-is." Based on past reports, the "scratch and dent" features probably mean nearly imperceptible splotches of paint on some pages or the like, but don't take my saying that as a binding contract between you and Rich.

Lucentile
2013-12-12, 08:58 AM
Pretty sure it means what it says; that the books are somewhat scratched/dented/dinged up, but in readable condition otherwise. So, kind of like pre-used, which is why they come a bit cheaper.

SebastionMaugri
2013-12-12, 09:06 AM
From the description on the item's page:

About Scratch & Dent Books: This is a "scratch & dent" product. That means that it has minor cosmetic damage (such as dings, spots, scratches, or dents), usually on the cover or title page. All scratch & dent books are still perfectly readable, however, and the binding is just as sturdy as pristine copies. We offer our damaged books at a lower price so that readers who don't care about the way they look can enjoy a bargain on a product we couldn't sell otherwise. Please note, however, that all scratch & dent sales are final.

Quartz
2013-12-12, 04:07 PM
From the description on the item's page:

Ah, I missed that.

ORione
2013-12-12, 08:58 PM
At first I thought it was something similar to scratch and sniff.