PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Bard Masterpiece(s?)

AstralFire
2013-12-12, 12:37 PM
Wanted to throw together a Bard masterpiece and get feedback on its quality and balance. May add more as appropriate, thematically.

Vespers of the Dawnrose Wind
Prerequisite: Perform (Dance, Oratory or Song) 7 ranks
Cost: Feat or 3rd-level bard spell known.

This prayer must be performed in the presence of the sun and is a complex ritual offering praise to the divinity of dawn itself. Upon completion of the rite, you are blessed by the Dawnrose Wind for a maximum of 24 hours.

While so blessed, you're surrounded by a very faint glow of light. As a swift action, you may use an additional bardic performance round to spread luminous wings and gain a fly speed of 60 ft. (good) for 1 minute or until dismissed, as the spell. These wings shed light as a sunrod. Magical darkness of 3rd level or higher suppresses the effect as-if in an anti-magic field until you leave the area of magical darkness.

If the wings are activated outside of the presence of daylight, they require 4 rounds of Bardic Performance to summon rather than 1.

Use: 2 Bardic Performance Rounds, +1 for every activation of the wings, which last one minute or until dismissed. Wing activation costs 4 rounds instead if done outside of daylight.

Action: 15 minutes to perform the basic prayer. Swift to activate the wings.

BWR
2013-12-13, 05:28 AM
Isn't this strictly better than the Fly spell?
Maybe it should be toned down, or cost a higher level spell.

AstralFire
2013-12-13, 06:42 AM
Isn't this strictly better than the Fly spell?
Maybe it should be toned down, or cost a higher level spell.

It is, when I initially wrote it I was thinking that the additional negation and long initial prep time weakened it, but then I realized it's basically spell preparation. I was going for 'different from fly for flavor purposes' initially. Making some changes now. Basically upped the cost heavily at night and several odd planes, and upped the base cost as well.