PDA

View Full Version : Overly Attached Bow Help!

Misticwalker
2013-12-12, 03:16 PM
I put a home brew item in to my 3.5 game and would like some help coming up with some D&D jokes to have the item whisper my player.I am a fairy new DM so i am still getting used to all the advanced rules. Any ideas on how to improve this item are welcome. as well

The item is:
Overly Attached Bow of Whispersilk
its a +1 short bow of whispersilk
Whispersilk - max str bonus +3, strength check on shot if over 15 string snaps 1000gp worth of materials to fix string

Yes this is a cursed item, no mater what it will always make its way back to you, but you can never get rid of it. This came in handy as my players found them selves in prison doing a jail break from the inside, he is the only PC with a weapon at the moment.

The question i am asking is i need help creating some D&D themed overly attached bow quotes that i can use for my campaign to whisper this payer from time to time, like "they tried to keep me from you but they can never keep me away" or things like that. I'm also thinking of making it auto target archers. Thoughts comments?

toapat
2013-12-12, 03:27 PM
this should be in the 3.5 subforum.

as for puns

You seem to be Strung out

replace curve with recurve

anything to do with reflex

deflection

shot

bend

draw

Misticwalker
2013-12-12, 03:32 PM
this should be in the 3.5 subforum.

as for puns

You seem to be Strung out

replace curve with recurve

anything to do with reflex

deflection

shot

bend

draw

Thanks, sorry about wrong posting place, didn't see the 3.5 sub forum is there a way to move it there? still new on here.

toapat
2013-12-12, 03:34 PM
report it with a request to move forums

Misticwalker
2013-12-12, 03:37 PM
Thanks! i reported it.

Helcack
2013-12-12, 08:39 PM
"No one can touch you but me..."(After killing an enemy who attacked you in melee)
"I love it when you play rough."(after a shot using more strength than +3)
"Rub my shaft some more."(Creepy any time)
"Why don't you polish me anymore?"(At night, while they are sleeping)
"I saw you looking at that other bow, am I not skinny enough for you?!?"(In a weapons shop)
"Oh yes! Pluck my string more!"(After shooting multiple shots in a round)
"Get me premium arrows, I don't like that shoddy stuff you've been giving me lately."(In a weapons shop)
"I want you to play me like a harp."(At night, while they are sleeping)

Brookshw
2013-12-12, 08:42 PM
"No one can touch you but me..."(After killing an enemy who attacked you in melee)
"I love it when you play rough."(after a shot using more strength than +3)
"Rub my shaft some more."(Creepy any time)
"Why don't you polish me anymore?"(At night, while they are sleeping)
"I saw you looking at that other bow, am I not skinny enough for you?!?"(In a weapons shop)
"Oh yes! Pluck my string more!"(After shooting multiple shots in a round)
"Get me premium arrows, I don't like that shoddy stuff you've been giving me lately."(In a weapons shop)
"I want you to play me like a harp."(At night, while they are sleeping)

Roflouch! :smalltongue:

cakellene
2013-12-12, 09:02 PM
Make sure it's appropriate to your group. For some people, an item they?? can't get rid of that is making those kind if comments would be disturbing.

Misticwalker
2013-12-18, 01:13 PM
Helcack: Thank you thats exactly what i needed! always room for more if you think of any!

cakelene: Thanks for the tip, the player who has it is a rogue so it doesn't get used a ton, and the player thinks its a cool item at the moment.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-18, 03:16 PM
You should stat it as an Intelligent Item (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/intelligentItems.htm). If the PC gets dominated by its Ego.. then the fun begins :smallbiggrin:

"You thought you could get rid of me!?"

"I threw out all your other weapons. You dont need them when you have me"

"I locked myself to your gauntlet (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/armor.htm#gauntletLocked) so we could be together forever"

"You don't need your other party members when you have me, so I made you kill them in their sleep"

"We just shot a whole village together. Wasn't it romantic?"

"Looks like you have enough money to upgrade me.. upgrade us"

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-12-18, 03:28 PM
"I'm sorry I snapped at you. I've got a hot temper, being part crossbow."

"I'll always come back to you, I'm part boomerang on my mother's side"

ArcaneGlyph
2013-12-18, 03:51 PM
Go to reddit and search for the overly attached girlfriend meme, then substitute as needed.

Phelix-Mu
2013-12-18, 04:38 PM
"You blocked me on Facebook, and now you're going to die."

"Wait, what do you mean you're buying another bow? HOW COULD YOU?"

"Doesn't this remind you of that time...you know...at the prison...you and I were so awesome..."

"Come on. Just one more chance. I promise I won't break at a crucial moment and get your friends killed?"

"What are you wearing?"

"Let's be together forever."

I could insert random cleverness regarding strong hands delicately stringing a bow, taught fibers vibrating with energy, and so forth, but there was some good material on that above and it's a bit self-evident. Others can have some fun in that area, hehe.

Misticwalker
2014-01-10, 11:25 AM
Again thanks everyone these are great. Keep them coming.

Neknoh
2014-01-10, 12:23 PM
"That was a cute thing you did, throwing me in the river like that, not picking me back up, thinking you could leave me as I drifted away in those dark, cold, loveless waters."

"My love for you burns hotter than any campfire."

"Did you know it takes exactly 47.6 hours for a bow to pass through a dragon's digestive system?"

"Don't worry honey, I'm sure you didn't mean to give me away like that, only idiots and murdervictims would give away a bow like me."

"Oh just a little to the left, come on~ the fewer we are in the party the more time we can spend together."

"Oh honey, I don't kill people, I just send an arrow to do my work."

"If you touch that bow again, you are done."

"No, come back, i didn't mean that last part!"

"FFfffwippp! That's the sound an arrow makes before it strikes your heart."

Snowbluff
2014-01-10, 12:58 PM
It should be overly attached to the arrows as well.