PDA

View Full Version : The Rise of Tenzin IC

Pages : [1] 2 3

horus42
2013-12-12, 04:00 PM
Over the past few days, each of you received a letter from the Mayor of Tenzin, requesting that you come to his office on this day, at this time. You all make your way through the town, passing the shoddy buildings, and the sweaty Jade miners as the return home from their day at work. Most of you are well known, and are met with either respect... or fear.

The Mayor's office itself sits on the second floor of City Hall, a large domed building near the center of Tenzin. The secretary within seems to be expecting you all, and lets you in with a wave of her hand.

Sitting behind a hardwood desk inside the office is Mayor Mnemom Attis. The Earth-Aspect is a mountain of a man, with a long mane of blonde hair. Each of you knows of him, mostly by reputation. Despite being called Mayor, he wasn't actually elected. After the fall of House Mnemon several years ago, when their Matriarch's bid for the Scarlet Throne ended... badly... Attis took those men who would follow him and brought some stability to the small town by force. Though since then, he has slowly been losing control.

He nods as you all enter, and the door closes behind you. "Thank you all for coming. As I'm sure you're all aware, this town is constantly on the verge of collapse into anarchy." His voice is authoritative, though not overly unkind. "Over the past few weeks, a group of outlaws has been harassing the Jade mines. The Marshall has already clashed with them before, I believe." He pauses for a moment, then stands from his desk and walks around to the front.

"I know that most of you are Exalted, in some fashion or another. And with my own forces sorely depleted, I've come to you for help. Normally I wouldn't consort with... Anathema..." He says the last word with a noticeable amount of malice. "But I have no other choice. Help me with this, and I won't banish you from the town. Or worse." The confidence with which he speaks in staggering, especially given how hilariously outnumbered he is. He raises an eyebrow, a small smirk on his face. "Any questions?"

Obscurejones
2013-12-12, 04:22 PM
"...You got steel on you, boy?"
The Marshal's hand falls to his sidearm, a grim grin showing blackened and cracked teeth. He's wearing his skin today, but for some reason the magic never quite reaches his smile.
"I suppose Jade'll suffice. But you've got some stones acting like we're your errand boys and throwing around language like that. And you know I hate to shoot an unarmed man."
Pausing the Marshal glances about the room. A few of the native trackers. That pint size with the sun in her eyes. He thumbs the hammer back on his revolver with a dull but resounding click. The weapon stays holstered however, and his thumb stays down, ready to slide the gun back into a mostly harmless waiting position.
"Unless of course y'all have objection. Not sure I can drop a room full of ya. Leastways not from this close together."

JonRG
2013-12-12, 04:58 PM
Raziel quirks a smile. Even a year removed, he knows well the Dynast propensity for arrogance. Attis' position was far from enviable, save compared to the rest of his family. Besides, one could not wipe away a millennium of Realm propaganda overnight. Raziel himself sometimes wondered as to its truthfulness. He suppresses his mirth and holds up a hand for calm. "I'd like a general idea of their camp's location, should you know it." Raziel's daiklave remains sheathed at his belt. Attis may be a tool, but his presence brought some measure of order to Tenzin. Only innocents would be hurt by his death.

Kell_tamer
2013-12-12, 05:38 PM
Little Tepin looked around as she entered the town. She had come from a village where the First Age still had some lingerings. This town was more of a rough collection of shelters. That this was the way the people lived squeezed against the little god king's heart.

She listened intently to the mayor. A man of foundation, unshakable in his beliefs it seemed. She could respect that. While he seemed to not like her all that much she bore him no ill will. He wanted to protect his own, and that was noble.

"Has diplomacy been tried? An extended open hand is sometimes more effective than a closed striking fist..."

BrotherLeonidas
2013-12-12, 06:33 PM
The man with little more than dirt and rags, long jet black dreads, stares the young Attis down. We will need a dozen horses Mayor. Beasts with strong backs and swift hooves,said more as a statement than a question.

josienoms
2013-12-12, 11:08 PM
Divyanshi tilts her head as she listens to the Mayor speak. Apparently he was more well informed about her than she thought, which made her uncomfortable. She had evidently underestimated him, a mistake which she did not intend to repeat.

When Tepin spoke, a soft smile spread over her lips. She was so proud of her young protege. She placed her hands on Tepin's shoulders and said, "A noble sentiment, darling, but a naive one. Some people only understand brute strength. Try not to forget that, despite wanting to see the best in people."

She then turned her attention to the Mayor. "Do you have any more information about what these outlaws are capable of? What exactly have they been doing?"

horus42
2013-12-13, 12:53 PM
Mayor Attis goes back to his desk, chuckling slightly. "I'm a bit flattered, Marshal. But there's no need for us to fight. For the moment, we both want the same thing." The man's arrogance is astounding. But it's commonly known through the town that it would one day be his downfall.

"As for the rest of your questions, they're holed up in a ranch a few miles to the east of town. It's impossible to miss. I've tried arranging a... well bribe isn't quite the right word, but a payment for them them to leave our town. They refused. Your adviser is right about brute strength, I think."

He pauses, then pulls a stack of papers out of his desk. "These are reports that my men filed, detailing what exactly the outlaws have been doing. They've killed over a dozen miners, and at least as many of my security forces. And they've stolen massive amounts of Jade. It's bleeding the town dry, while they get rich." He clenches his fists, then looks away.

"I'll provide the horses for you, and whatever supplies you need. Just make sure this gets done."

josienoms
2013-12-13, 03:26 PM
The Chosen of Journeys rests her hand upon her chin for a moment.

"I see. Then I agree, they do need to be stopped. I assume we have complete autonomy in how we go about this?" Her yellow eyes meet the Mayor's, unflinchingly. She knew that he was a dangerous man, and had been Exalted far longer than she had, but she couldn't back down. He belonged to a disgraced and fallen House, whereas she had the resources of the entire Gold Faction, as well as all those who followed the young god-king in front of her.

If need be, she could have him removed. But she also hoped that it didn't come to that. Tepin wasn't ready to assume control of the town just yet, after all. And Attis' remaining forces could tear the city apart before the Zenith could solidify her rule. So she resolved to wait, until the proper time.

Obscurejones
2013-12-13, 04:22 PM
With a slight shrug the Marshal slides the hammer back to rest and lifts his hand from his revolver.
"Next time, boy. For now I'll go keep the peace. Got my own horse. Not sure I trust whatever tired nags you'll dig up for us."
Deception Piercing Stare on everything the mayor just said.

Kell_tamer
2013-12-13, 04:37 PM
Tepin nods at the statement. "While you may not have won them over with your generosity, I would still like to try my method before more bloodshed occurs. " Violence may be a necessary evil in this world, after all her studies have shown even their patron knows combat for the sake of protection, however she truly wished to utilize peace before it.
If these men were skilled enough to keep a Dragon back, they could always prove to be great allies if they could be persuaded. Despite her adviser's warning her, she still let the idealized thought move through her head.

Maybe it would work...

BrotherLeonidas
2013-12-13, 11:18 PM
The dark skinned man turns to leave, resting his hand on the Marshal's shoulder while giving him a slow nod. Silent feet traverse the wooden floors, the once upon a time vagabond grabs his warped walking stick upon exiting.

Inevitable Spoor Discovery (4m-personal) on the Mayors office (specifically the door way), dice roll coming soon.

JonRG
2013-12-13, 11:18 PM
Raziel smiles at his young Circlemate. Her pure optimism shone in stark contrast to his own outlook. He turns away from her and steeples his fingers in contemplation. "Perhaps we might split the difference. A show of force from a half-dozen Exalts might persuade the bandits to pursue peaceful negotiations." Raziel turns to his intrepid secretary. "Any thoughts, Zhu Lia?"

Lix Lorn
2013-12-14, 08:27 PM
"I can ask around." she says, simply. "But it sounds like brute force might be the correct plan."

horus42
2013-12-15, 12:00 AM
Everything that he said was true.

Attis nods in Divyanshi's direction. "Yes, you're free to go about this in any manner you see fit, as long as it gets done. If this means quelling them into leaving with a show of force, or killing them all, then so be it."

He waves a hand towards the door, to let you all know that you're dismissed. As you all make your way out of his office, a few of the people milling about City Hall nod in your direction, as if to give unspoken thanks. It seems like everyone knows why you came.

When you reach the exit, a young man with dark skin and a shaved head is waiting for you. He nods politely as you leave the building. "Hello, my name is Rashid Yusuf. Mayor Attis has told me to be your guide, and to provide you with any supplies you might need. How can I help you?"

Evidently the request for the dozen horses hadn't made its way down the ladder yet.

Kell_tamer
2013-12-15, 01:11 AM
Tepin being ever polite, bows to the man before them. "We thank you for your service, I feel it will be most useful! I am Tepin of the Xōchitl tribe, of the Five Nations. It's a pleasure to meet you!" As she rises he can see she has a warm genuine smile upon her face. The girl is clearly a people person and one might question what she is doing on such a dangerous mission. How could someone so sweet looking possibly be a vile Blasphemous, if they were indeed truly vile as the faith indicated?

JonRG
2013-12-15, 01:58 AM
Raziel inclines his head. "Thank you kindly, Rashid. Tell me, are you familiar with the ranch where these bandits hide?" Despite his reformation, he still tends to focus on the problem to be solved first and foremost. Meanwhile, Raziel flicks through some of the reports Attis handed over in the hopes of gathering more information.

BrotherLeonidas
2013-12-15, 11:04 AM
The Steward steps forward his firm hand resting on the shoulder of the small Tepin. Lips wait for the guide to respond.

josienoms
2013-12-15, 10:17 PM
Divyanshi remains silent, and stands behind Tepin. A small smile plays across her lips as she listens. It sometimes astounded her just how young the Zenith was. But it was a comfort, nevertheless. She showed humility and grace, even before someone who the Dragon-Blooded mayor had obviously written off as a simple servant. She reached over and gently squeezed Tepin's shoulder, an unspoken sign of approval.

horus42
2013-12-16, 11:26 AM
Rashid nods before he speaks again. "A pleasure to meet you as well." He smiles slightly, then continues. "I am familiar with the ranch, yes. I can take you there now, if you're ready."

Kell_tamer
2013-12-16, 02:24 PM
Tepin nods to Rashid. "I believe my friends requested horses, but I do not mind walking. "

"Is there anything you can tell us about these bandits? Are they just a group of people? Have they made a deal with a Spirit or Spirit blood, or anything of the sort?"

JonRG
2013-12-16, 02:50 PM
Raziel makes contemplative noises. ""I appreciate that, but my interest laid more in the ranch's layout, any information that might be tactically useful."

Obscurejones
2013-12-16, 06:36 PM
"We don't need to know anything more. They're criminals. We're going to stop them. First with words. Then when that fails, I'm going to shoot them in their hearts."
Sticking two thin bony fingers into his mouth the Marshal blows a sharp whistle. After a moments wait a dappled grey horse barrels down the street, charging through rather then around the passers by. Thankfully, by now the majority of the townsfolk have learned that the Marshal's signals mean to clear the street. Grabbing a hold of the saddle he hauls himself up.
"Would anyone prefer a ride?"

BrotherLeonidas
2013-12-16, 10:18 PM
Stareater stumbles out of the way as the steed barrels in. He turns back to the child and her guide "The girl has chosen her path, but the wise must know more. How far from town does this nest of vipers lie?"

horus42
2013-12-17, 08:51 PM
Rashid listens to the questions, before he speaks again. "They have made no deals with spirits. But the truth is far worse. Their leader is Chosen of the Dragons, and powerful at that."

He then pauses, and takes a scroll out of a pouch at his waist. "Here is a map, which details how far out of twon the ranch is, as well as giving a vague layout."

Inspection of the map reveals that the ranch is a little over ten miles outside of Tenzin. Also, there isn't much there. A large house and barn, about two hundred yards apart, and a large fenced-in pasture which presumably contains the cattle and horses.

Kell_tamer
2013-12-18, 12:02 AM
"Which dragon does his blood stem from?" The young one looks up at Rashid. "If we know that we might be able to figure out how to properly approach this."

josienoms
2013-12-18, 01:10 PM
Divyanshi ponders over this for a moment. "And Mayor Attis didn't tell us this himself because...?" She trails off, expecting Rashid to provide an answer, should he know it.

This didn't sit well with her. If Attis was leaving them in the dark about anything, there had to be some reason behind it. She didn't want to dwell on what that reason might be.

horus42
2013-12-18, 05:31 PM
Rashid looks to Divyanshi first. "I don't know the answer to that. Perhaps he simply expected me to tell you, as I have done."

He then turns his attention back to Tepin. "She carries the blood of Hesiesh. Or so I've been told. I've never actually seen her before."

josienoms
2013-12-20, 03:02 PM
Divyanshi nods, then says "I believe that's everything we needed to know. Rashid, if you'd be so kind as to show us the way."

She went to the posts standing outside the door of City Hall, and untied her Claw Strider, before hopping up to mount it. "Tepin, do you want to ride with me?"

Kell_tamer
2013-12-20, 05:02 PM
The little one smiles and shakes her head. "I much prefer walking, the exercise is good. Thank you though." She smiles at the woman who has been advising her.

BrotherLeonidas
2013-12-20, 07:09 PM
A prince of the earth becomes a thorn in the lions paw. Braver souls than i should confront this woman, no no my path lies here.The old man rambles to the sky and chuckles.I will send my spirits to watch over such young souls.Madhi, wooden stick in hand, quickly wanders off.

JonRG
2013-12-22, 04:41 PM
Raziel twitches at mention of a Dragon-Blooded. He had spent months not far ahead of the Wyld Hunts, and this Fire aspect could throw them right back on his trail. Attis would never despite his threats. The second agents of a (truly) Great House saw what he'd built here, they would take it for themselves and leave Attis with nothing. Damn the risk. Raziel couldn't leave Tepin to face this threat alone. "I'd love to walk with you, but we should move quickly. We don't need notice of our arrival to reach our quarry." He blushes and quickly looks away, idly toying with a strand of hair. "If I'm gonna stay a brunet, I'll have to dye this again soon."

horus42
2013-12-22, 08:10 PM
Rashid nods as the requested horses are finally brought it. He mounts a large, dark horse, and says "Those who are coming, follow me." He then tugs on the reins, and his horse trots off to the east.

Where do you go, then?

Kell_tamer
2013-12-22, 08:29 PM
Tepin seeing that the group wishes to make haste looks back up at Div. "Perhaps I will take you up on that offer." She climbs up.

The sun was upon her and she would bring it to them.

JonRG
2013-12-22, 09:50 PM
Raziel breathes a sigh of relief, then approaches the Marshal's steed. "I'll ride with you." He climbs up with some measure of reluctance, trusting Zhulia would manage their own horses.

josienoms
2013-12-22, 10:33 PM
Divyanshi helps Tepin up onto the dinosaur, then pulls on the reins, urging the beast forward. The thought of facing these bandits wasn't one she relished, but it was something that must be done. She simply hoped that no one got hurt. Or at the very least, no one she cared about.

BrotherLeonidas
2013-12-23, 09:08 PM
Madhi and the Barrel
The man with non magical tattoos drifted through the dusty town. With nothing much to do he looked for sustenance. Nothing was safe, for if a man can devour a star what else can stand before him? His hunger took him to an alley way, for surely there was a rat. A dirty, sneaky creature. A scampering he did hear, a large wooden barrel shaked with anticipation. In bounded the hunter after his prey! And with a spark of silver light the container gave birth to something more. A vulture, bearded and featuring fierce eyes sat perched with a rat hung by the tail within its beak. The bird that was certainly not Madhi took flight into the Southern skies.

horus42
2013-12-27, 08:58 PM
Rashid leads those of you following him out of town, and on a ride for about ten miles to the east. The ride itself is fairly uneventful, though you all noticed a large vulture flying overhead, as though it was following you. Perhaps the bird sensed impending death.

Rashid pulls the reins, and brings his horse to a stop about half a mile away from the ranch. The area is a flat grassland, and you can see the ranch from your spot on a small hill, dotted with trees. The young man dismounts, and ties his horse to a tree. "We should make our approach on foot. They're known to shoot anyone who comes riding in."

Kell_tamer
2013-12-27, 09:18 PM
Tepin nods to the man. "I could attempt to go first and speak with them, perhaps call for a parlay." the little zenith climbed down from the claw strider but missed the saddles foot loop and lands on the ground with a thwump. Not letting it get to her she gets up from her now seated position and dusts herself off. "As I said, I would much prefer peace over violence if we could try for it first."

Obscurejones
2013-12-27, 09:22 PM
The Marshal slides open his revolver and double checks his ammunition. Nods to the child.
"...Any objection to my following at your shoulder? A stick to go with your carrot, so to speak. And for your edification if they draw I will do likewise."

Kell_tamer
2013-12-27, 09:32 PM
Tepin looks up to the marshall. "I do not mind the backup, but so long as it is that." She smiles "I do hope you won't be disappointed if you don't have to use it though."

josienoms
2013-12-27, 11:24 PM
Divyanshi dismounts as well, knowing that her Claw Strider is loyal and obedient, she doesn't bother tying it down. She listens to the exchange between Tepin and the Marshal.

"It might be wise for me to accompany you as well. I wouldn't want... the two of you... going off alone." The hesitation in her voice makes it clear that she really just doesn't want to leave Tepin's side, or perhaps that she doesn't want her alone with the Marshal.

JonRG
2013-12-27, 11:44 PM
Raziel slides off the Marshal's horse, and his boots hit the sand with a soft thud. "I'll go with you. I can patch up anyone who winds up shot."

BrotherLeonidas
2013-12-28, 04:18 PM
That totally not suspicious vulture lands to perch on a tall, barren tree.

The latest in bird news:
The ma..i mean the bearded bird stares and searches the ranch grounds for signs of movement, door ways, and methods of escape.

horus42
2013-12-29, 11:50 PM
Rashid nods slowly as he watches the events play out. "Then we'll all go." He starts walking towards the ranch.

Once you all get about two hundred yards away, five riders come out to meet you. Each of them wears a long duster, and bears either a rifle or a revolver. One of them, a young woman with long blonde hair rides to the front, a scowl on her face. "Who are you people? What do y'all want?"

Kell_tamer
2013-12-30, 02:32 PM
The small child steps forward and bows. "Greetings! I am called Tepin, and we are representatives of Tenzin. We are here to attempt to make peace and prevent unnecessary bloodshed over resources. " The girl has a warm smile and seems quite friendly. "Are you the mighty chosen of Hesiesh? Would you be willing to talk with us?" Though young and humbling herself before the woman, she speaks with a confidence of one who has spoken to spirits directly.

horus42
2014-01-01, 04:15 PM
The woman pulls back on the reins of her horse, which rears onto its back legs for a brief moment. "Ain't no one talks to the boss. If y'all got somethin' to say, yeh say it to me. An' if it ain't completely stupid, I MIGHT go back an' talk to her about it."

Kell_tamer
2014-01-02, 02:30 PM
The small Zenith steps forward to indicate she is not there to be bullied. "Surely peace isn't stupid. Just as I am sure you aren't really looking for a fight." Tepin looks up into the woman's eyes. "Surely you agree?" The child lets leak a bit of essence to emphasize, as a small disc of sunlight glitters momentarily upon her brow.

spending a personal note to glow caste mark a moment

-edit 1-3 mote level.

josienoms
2014-01-03, 02:44 PM
Divyanshi winces slightly as the young Zenith lights up her Caste Mark.

"That might not have been the most prudent decision, Tepin. Many people throughout the world are... less accepting of Solars than the tribes of the Five Nations are."

horus42
2014-01-05, 02:59 PM
The woman's eyes fly open in shock, and she nudges her horse back several steps. "Yer Anathema..." Her breathing quickens, her eyes wide with panic. She grips her revolver tightly, but doesn't draw it from her holster.

"I'll listen to wha' yeh've got to say... But don' try none o' yer devil powers on me, if yeh don' want to get shot."

Kell_tamer
2014-01-05, 04:59 PM
"Relax... I just want us to talk, i was merely pointing out that fighting isn't the best idea at this time. " She gives another polite bow. "All we ask is for the chance to prevent violence. Surely regardless of what I am, people would like that, It may well even prove lucrative to you and yours."

josienoms
2014-01-05, 06:01 PM
The Chosen of Journeys sighs in relief. That went better than expected, she thinks to herself.

"Perhaps I can be of assistance. Being only a humble adviser, I have no "devil powers" at my disposal. What young Tepin says is true. All we ask is that peace be forged. The people of Tenzin live in fear of you and your gang. There are ways other than violence for you and yours to prosper. Ways that will benefit both you and the townspeople."

Obscurejones
2014-01-05, 07:33 PM
As the thugs grips their revolver the Marshal calmly rests his hand on his own gun. He let's out a small grunt of discontent when the jittery criminal fails to draw.

horus42
2014-01-06, 12:51 PM
The woman releases the grip oh her gun, and listens to Divyanshi with interest. "Yeh both say there's a way for us to still get rich without hurtin' no one. Wha' exactly did yeh have in mind?" She pauses, looks around to make sure no one is coming from the ranch, then leans down to whisper. "I mean, I don' like hurtin' folks. I got roped into this just to get by. I've got kids, y'know?"

Kell_tamer
2014-01-06, 08:15 PM
Tepin smiles. "well, you certainly have a knack for fighting if it involves us being here. But surely wouldn't you prefer it to be honest? like helping fight to protect the town? You'd have to fight significantly less because you're job becomes protection and not mugging." Tepin gestures back to the village. "After all, as the village prospers you prosper with it! Surely you are quite good with that iron if you are the one out here to see us! And you could move your family here, let them be part of something possibly big!"

"What do you say? Surely you'd like to make a deal?"

The child looks back at the woman smiling.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-01-06, 09:36 PM
The large bird visibly sighs in the distance, picking itself up and gliding closer to the farm.

With my little eye i spy....
Madhi lands on the far gate post, taking in the farmhouse and the surrounding area.
Through the windows he spies.....
On the grasslands he spies.....
In blue skies he spies......
Perception + Awareness [roll0]
Stunt, if any [roll1]
And im going to burn a WP to guarantee one success.

horus42
2014-01-07, 12:55 PM
The woman looks around nervously. "Let me talk to the boss. I'll be back." She rides back into the ranch, followed by the others.

Rashid nods as they leave. "I think that went well."

From inside the ranch, a gunshot is heard.

Through the window, you see the woman who had been talking to the others come inside. She speaks to another woman with red hair for quite a while. The redhead starts to get angry, pulls a large Jade revolver off of her desk, and shoots the other. Bleeding, the first woman slumps to the floor, apparently dead.

josienoms
2014-01-07, 11:01 PM
Divyanshi looks in the direction of the gunshot. "Well, that's certainly not good." She spares a glance at the others, her hands falling to the twin Starmetal pistols at her side. "Shall we?"

JonRG
2014-01-07, 11:08 PM
Raziel's lips purse tightly, and he dashes towards the sound of the shot without another word.

Obscurejones
2014-01-07, 11:08 PM
"If you two would not mind, I would like to take point. Bullets are less problematic to me then they used to be. And I am a steady shot regardless of who draws first."
The Marshal leaves his revolver in its holster and begins marching towards the sound of the gunshot. He whips a finger in a lazy circle through the air and his raggedy horse trots up to stand at his side as he walks.

Kell_tamer
2014-01-07, 11:29 PM
Tepin takes off after the others. Gunshots were never good and if it was because of her she'd never forgive herself.

JonRG
2014-01-08, 03:59 PM
Raziel doesn't respond or break stride, but he does allow the Marshal to overtake him. A woman could be dying in there. He had to do something.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-01-08, 06:24 PM
The vulture seems to laugh quietly as it readjusts on its vantage point. Then as the peacekeepers draw near it caws loudly, alerting who?

horus42
2014-01-08, 09:12 PM
As the group approaches the house, the others who had rode out with the woman who spoke to you come running out. The door flies open, and a redheaded woman comes bursting out. She holds a large, Red Jade revolver in her hand, and a small aura of flame flickers around her body.

She sees you all approaching, a sneer on her face. "So, you're the best Attis has? The people my little brother trusts to defend him?"

Kell_tamer
2014-01-09, 10:50 AM
Tepin eyes the gun in the fire aspects hand and scowls a bit. "Violence was entirely uncalled for. Exalted or not, there was no reason for you to shoot someone... Look around. There are six of us, most Exalted ourselves. This is a fight you will lose so put the weapon down." The child accentuates this with a motion of katas taking a low leaning stance. "We won't have a problem putting it down for you..."

5 motes on Rising Sun Form +1 accuracy +1 damage +1 defense for parry, may parry lethal and ranged without a stunt. She adds martial arts to move dash and jump distances, and she is immune to crippling effects. peripheral motes, her caste mark now glows.

Obscurejones
2014-01-09, 01:02 PM
"First law. Obvious violation. Sentence is death and incarceration if a ghost appears. Apologies, Solar. But rules are rules."
There is a misunderstanding of speed when it comes to violence. Some people will tell you that the key to getting the first strike in a battle is to move quickly. And while that is part of it, the far more important factor is the smoothness of the motion.

That is to say, the Marshal's draw is remarkably smooth. There is no wasted motion, no second guessing. Simply pull, and shoot. While it may be possible to see the Marshal reach for his gun, he has yet to meet the criminal who can do anything with that knowledge.

Shooting! [roll0]
Stunt, if Any [roll1]
Combo of Devouring Time Technique and Full First excellency. Any DV against the attack is halved. Spending the 13 motes from personal.

horus42
2014-01-09, 10:49 PM
The Dragon-Blooded's eyes widen in surprise as the bullet tears through her flesh. She reels back a few steps, then looks down at her gaping wound. Her left eye twitches with fury.

"You shot me. You SHOT me!" Gritting her teeth from the pain, she raises her gun again, pulling back the Jade hammer.

Everyone roll Join Battle!

Obscurejones
2014-01-09, 11:58 PM
"I plan to continue shooting you. At least until you can no longer whine about it."
Grinning the Marshal turns to his side, presenting a lean profile to his opponent. As he speaks his voice falls away into a smoke ravaged rasp and the flesh peels away from his teeth, leaving a leering fire blackened skull.
Join Battle [roll0]
Stunt [roll1]
Also I need to know what if any stunt I had on that last roll for mote regain.

JonRG
2014-01-10, 12:40 PM
Raziel's heart sinks. There was nothing he could do... again. Without a word, he draws his short daiklave and stares down the bandit rabble. Sol willing, they would stand down after the Marshal killed their leader.

Join Battle: [roll0]
Stunt:[roll1]

Kell_tamer
2014-01-10, 12:46 PM
Tepin sighs as the fighting starts. She keeps her arms in close and maintains a low profile in stance, keeping her energy in to be launched out as soon as is necessary.

4 dice for wits + awareness,
[roll0]
stunt if any
[roll1]

BrotherLeonidas
2014-01-10, 06:50 PM
The forgotten bird begins to warm up with crisp judo chops, dicing the air with sharp talons.

wits 3 + awareness 3[roll0]
Stunt for judo chopping technique[roll1]

josienoms
2014-01-10, 09:11 PM
Divyanshi draws her guns as well, not spending any Essence just yet, but readies herself for battle.

My Join Battle roll:

[roll0]

And any stunt, if applicable:
[roll1]

horus42
2014-01-11, 11:20 PM
Ugh, why did most of you have to get the same number of successes? :smalltongue:

On the first tick, we have The Marshal, Tepin, Divyanshi, and Madhi
tick two: Mnemon Invidia (The Fire Aspect)
tick three: Her goons!
tick four: Raziel

Also, Jones, take a... two dice stunt on your previous action. I meant to say that then, but by the time I got done typing her reaction, I forgot. I tend to be bad about that, and I apologize.

Obscurejones
2014-01-12, 12:31 AM
"In the ancient words of those who've come before, Bulletbulletbulletbulletbulletbullet ... Dead."
What? It's a classic abyssal battle cry. Ask anyone.

The Marshal's free hand moves in a blur, slamming back the hammer as each bullet clears the chamber. In the blink of an eye a pair bullets are flying towards the Dragonblooded criminal. While no essence yet leaks from his caste mark the necrotic energy begins to darken his eyes, desperate to be set loose on the world.

That's a flurry of two attacks, and each one is modified by Devouring Time Technique. So DV is halved against both attacks
First Attack[roll0]
Stunt if any[roll1]
Second Attack[roll2]
Stunt if any[roll3]

josienoms
2014-01-14, 10:57 AM
Divyanshi pulls back the hammer of the pistol in her right hand, and takes a deep breath. Everything seems to slow down as she readies herself to fire. Everything else seems to fade away, everything but her target. There was no stopping it now, Attis' sister had already been shot twice, and Divyanshi doubted there was anything she could do to calm her without revealing her own true nature.

Without another second's hesitation, she poured Essence into her arm, and through her gun, enhancing her accuracy, making it so that her shot would hit, without any margin for error. There was a sound of thunder, and a flash of brilliant flame.

Spending motes from my Personal pool on First Firearms Excellency, adding 3 dice.

[roll0]

and any stunt, if applicable:

[roll1]

horus42
2014-01-14, 10:25 PM
Three shots ring out before Invidia has time to pull her trigger. Both shots fired by the Marshal hit home, the bullets burrowing into her torso. She reels back, staggering several steps before she regains her composure. A trickle of blood leaks from her wounds, and she looks to the Abyssal with hatred burning in her eyes.

The shot from Divyanshi, however, misses, just grazing past the Dragon-Blooded's ear.

Both of you take one die for stunt purposes.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-01-14, 11:05 PM
The Chosen of the Fickle Lady watches with interest as events unfold. Like a spring ready to bounce, waiting for the right time to hit a poor fool in the eye.

Aim action

Kell_tamer
2014-01-14, 11:21 PM
Tepin seeing this possibly getting out of hand makes a sudden movement toward the woman. Her movements quick and precise. The little sunlight moves over the dust as a ray across the clouds, her strike coming from below to her jaw.

Tepin's move action is now 9 yards, and assuming she has to sprint its 15. So flurry of a dash and a quick precise jab.

Speed 5 DV - 3

-3 for attack spending 9 motes on excellency
4 dex + 5 MA +2 specialty +2 accuracy -3 flurry + 9 excellency 19 dice

[roll0]
and stunt if applicable
[roll1]

Damage will be bashing and she does +1 damage from her form charm. 4 base + extra successes

horus42
2014-01-15, 12:32 PM
The blow strikes her right across the chin, sending the Fire-Aspect sprawling to the ground. She starts to get up, rising to her hands and knees. She coughs, and spits blood onto the dirt beneath her.

"Huh... Maybe Attis picked better people than I thought." She struggles to her feet, then whistles. A horse gallops towards her, and her minions move in front of her, covering her as she starts to limp away.

She spares a glance back as she tries to escape, a smirk on her face. The outlaws still stand in front of her, blocking the line of fire.

She spends her turn trying to escape with her life, rather than just blindly fight. She realized that she underestimated you. Her goons also take a defend other action. So next is Raziel, as he attempts to make his way to the house (and he should make it) before it comes to Madhi again, then Divyanshi, the Marshal, and Tepin.

JonRG
2014-01-15, 12:54 PM
Raziel sprints towards the house, daiklave at hand. Not that he'd likely need it. The lackeys were defending their master. Good. "Please. Let me not be too late..."

Hauling ass to the house. If he makes it inside, he'll look for the lady. She shouldn't be too difficult to find. Just lemme know when I get to her and what I see when I get there so I can react as appropriate. :smallbiggrin:

horus42
2014-01-15, 01:00 PM
Raziel enters the house, and finds his way to the office where the shooting took place. The woman who had spoken to them earlier was slumped against the wall, her hands pressed against the wound in her belly, which was leaking blood. She moans softly from the pain. She's alive, but barely.

Kell_tamer
2014-01-15, 01:09 PM
The small child's light spreads from her as the dragon blood begins to flee. A light like the very sun itself rising from her body as the essence from her strike outshines anything around them. She stands there staring at the men and woman lining up to stop them, this tiny child, a vessel of the very power of the Unconquered Sun himself.

Just describing her totemic anima as i just did the math and thats 16 total motes peripheral

JonRG
2014-01-15, 01:47 PM
Raziel's throat catches when he spots the woman. Near death because she wanted peace. Where was the justice in that? "I'll just have to make it right." He tears off his jacket mid-stride and kneels down next to the (ex-)bandit. Breathing rapid and shallow. Pulse thready. Gut wounds were often a slow, painful death if the victim didn't bleed out first. "I need bandages." Raziel's first heroic instinct is his shirt, but no. It was full of sweat and other grime. Infection was almost guaranteed. He casts his eyes about the office, and his gaze settles on a set of linen drapes. Formerly red, now bleached by the sun, they're the cleanest cloth he would find in this place. Raziel cuts one into wide strips with his klaive, then winds it tightly around the woman's stomach. "You can let go," he gently whispers. "It'll be all right." Overoptimistic, maybe, at least for a doctor that wasn't a Chosen of Sol. Of course, all the medicine in Creation wouldn't help if she gave up the fight. "Hey, stay with me." Raziel lightly taps the side of her face. "Tell me about your kids. What are their names?"

horus42
2014-01-16, 05:22 PM
The treatment seems to be working, as she starts to become more alert. She obeys when told to let go, and meets Raziel's eyes when he taps her face and addresses her. She moans softly, and stays seated. "Th-their names... Their names are Fatima and Li. Li is the oldest." She coughs. "Please tell me I'm going to see them again..."

JonRG
2014-01-17, 12:11 AM
Raziel offers his warmest smile. "You will. I promise." He gazes out the window briefly. Everyone still standing, though he doubted that would last. Lady Mnemon looked to be on her last legs. Bitch shot a woman for no reason. Good riddance. Raziel withdraws a flask from his jacket and unscrews the cap. "Here, drink this. It'll help with the pain." He tips the liquid into her mouth so she doesn't choke. "Better, I hope?" Raziel reclaims the flask after a few swallows, then takes a nip for himself. "So... I don't believe I ever caught your name." He smiles politely while wiping his bloody hands on the curtain shreds.

horus42
2014-01-18, 03:56 PM
She nods and drinks from the flask, then smiles. "Mina. My name's Mina. An' I don' think I got yours, neither." A small smirk crosses her lips, as she struggles to her feet.

JonRG
2014-01-18, 04:01 PM
He rushes over and snakes a hand under her elbow to provide support. "My name's Raziel. It's nice to meet you, though I wish the circumstances were different." Raziel's smile fades slightly. "Be sure to stay away from the window."

horus42
2014-01-19, 11:27 PM
Mina staggers slightly, leaning on Raziel for support. "Thank you kindly fer all this. You saved my life."

Meanwhile, the mortals minions, frightened by the displays of Exalted power, and seeing their leader so clearly outmatched, start to run off, while Invidia rides away on her horse.

Obscurejones
2014-01-20, 02:39 PM
"Hurm. Shame to shoot a coward in the back."
Taking a few seconds to breath deeply, a little soot and cinder falls from the Marshal's gritted teeth. He tucks his head to the side, lining his eye up with the lenses mounted atop his sidearm. As he lets out the breath a plume of smoke goes with it, bathing the air before him in a dank cloud. From within the cloud a scream is heard, a shard of dark and bloody magic tearing through. A single slug of lead wrapped in horror streaks towards the fleeing Terrestrial. Blood drips from twinned circles on the lawman's head.
"None can outrun the Law."
Combo of Bloodthirsty Killing Style and Devouring Time Technique, with a little first excellency for flava. So, range is increased by 150, with an additional 50 yards for every die of wound penalties, an additional die of raw damage for every die of penalites, and her DVs are halved against the attack. Aiming for two ticks. Thanks my scope that's a three dice bonus, and the range for this attack becomes multiplied by three. So... She ain't outrunning this.
Big Ol' Attack [roll0]
Stunt, if any[roll1]
4 Motes of Personal, 6 of Peripheral. Anima is now flaring a bit.

JonRG
2014-01-20, 05:32 PM
"It's no trouble at all." Raziel hears a shot ring out and watches the lackeys flee. "Seems like the trouble's almost over. I can take you home, and... is there someone who can look after you?" He smiles warmly at her. "I could make dinner for you, if you like."

BrotherLeonidas
2014-01-20, 09:31 PM
Madhi stalks one of the terrorized goons, sailing above on high currents. A lost, wayward leaf falling to the pile once more.

Madhi will engage one of the hapless minions in a sacred hunt. Chasing him farther away from the pack, before closing in for the kill, and perhaps a few wise words.
Wits 3 + Awareness 3
[roll0]
Stunt, if any
[roll1]

horus42
2014-01-25, 05:34 PM
The bullet bores through the back of Invidia's head, and she slumps off of her horse, falling to the ground. The various minions scatter, none of them running the same way. The man Madhi is following goes out onto his own into the desert, until he can run no farther.

Inside the house, Mina smiles, still leaning against Raziel. She shakes her head slightly. "No, there's no one. Jus' me an' the kids. But if you wan' to take me home, I'd be much obliged."

JonRG
2014-01-26, 02:22 PM
Raziel returns her grin. "It'd be my pleasure. C'mon." He guides her out the front door and down the path towards his allies. Mina's nervousness was apparent. "It'll be fine. You were injured speaking to your boss on our behalf... Though, I'm curious. What exactly happened that set her off?" Raziel huffs bangs out of his eyes. "Not that it'd take much."

"Hey everyone," he says once they arrive. "This is Mina." Raziel holds her close, in part to reassure her.

Obviously, if Mina particularly objects to meeting a bunch of Anathema, I'll obviously not force her. :smallsmile:

josienoms
2014-01-26, 04:08 PM
Divyanshi holsters her weapons as the outlaws flee and the Dragon-Blooded apparently dies. She smiles as Raziel returns with Mina.

"It's good to see that you're both alright. Though before we let our guard down too much, perhaps someone should check to see that she is, indeed, dead." She gestures towards the Dragon-Blooded's corpse.

Kell_tamer
2014-01-27, 12:15 AM
The little Tepin makes her way to the downed dragon. She checks to see whether or not the woman is breathing.

horus42
2014-01-29, 10:48 PM
When Tepin arrives, Invidia is lying quite still. She isn't breathing, and her eyes are glazed over, with no light or life in them. Blood pools on the ground around her, but from the way it's slowly trickling from the wounds, it's clear that there's no more heartbeat. She is, in fact, dead.

And to further clinch the matter, a softly shimmering, translucent figure appears, just beside the corpse. The ghost of Mnemon Invidia.

With a scowl on her face, the ghost makes a huffing sound. "I shouldn't have underestimated you."

Kell_tamer
2014-01-29, 11:06 PM
"No you should not have.... Pass on, and be reborn, maybe this next life you will learn..."

With another burst of light from the child as her fingers press against the body, a fire ignites sending the corpse to ash, a glow pulls forth at the ghost, carrying it to Lethe.

She stands and clasps her hands together and whispers a prayer to the Sun.

The fight was over, and it was theirs. She thanked him for allowing it to be quick.

ANIMA POWER GO! 1 mote peripheral bringing it back to the totemic level

horus42
2014-01-31, 11:57 PM
In a flash of brilliant sunlight, the ghost passes on into her next life.

Mina stands there, looking stunned. "Wh-what did you do to her?"

JonRG
2014-02-01, 12:22 AM
Raziel snakes a hand around Mina's and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

Kell_tamer
2014-02-01, 12:43 AM
"Her spirit was attempting to stay behind. A person cannot be reborn if they do not pass on. I sent her back into the natural cycle."

The child's light dims back down to a bonfire and she looks around at the scene. "this did not turn out how i wanted it to...." She looks over at the woman. "I apologize that my actions got you hurt. It was not my intention. I had hoped an Exalt would have been more prone to the idea of civil discussion." She bows politely to the woman.

Obscurejones
2014-02-01, 10:16 AM
"Hurm. Criminal should have served their time. Noted abetting of a rogue exalt, Solar"
The Marshal settles back a little. Holsters his pistol carefully, with no sign of a flourish. As it slides back into place his skeletal remains fade back to a human visage.
"Your aid is still appreciated though. Clean kill. Justice served."

horus42
2014-02-01, 10:33 PM
Mina wraps her fingers tightly around Raziel's. "Th-thank y'all. Now I can go back to my kids, an'... try an' keep 'em safe." She then looks back to the Twilight Caste.

"I realize, what with seein' her dead an' then her ghost appearin', I didn't answer your question. She's... er... was really pissed off at th' mayor of Tenzin. Rumor was that they was brother an' sister. She hated him, for some reason, an'wanted to see him dead. But she wanted to see him suffer, first. So when I came in, talkin' bout peace, she lost it, an' shot me."

Obscurejones
2014-02-01, 10:59 PM
The Marshal looms over the terrified woman.
"Hurm. I have met the man. Family reunion seems likely soon. Very soon."
He cracks a smile, his teeth with still a little ash between them.
"Inform your confederates. Criminals are to report to my office for processing within three days. Truants will be found."

JonRG
2014-02-02, 12:10 AM
Raziel steps between Mina and the Marshal. His fingers tingle with how tightly she squeezes them. With a confident smile, he chimes in, "Right. Of course. Now if you'll excuse us, my patient needs to return home and recover. We can discuss any charges at another time. C'mon. Let's go." With her guidance, Raziel walks her towards her house, careful not to aggravate her injuries.

Kell_tamer
2014-02-02, 12:19 AM
Tepin reunites with the group. "The charges are moot at this point. The criminal is no more. Let us return with news to our employer."

Obscurejones
2014-02-02, 12:26 AM
"Mistaken, Solar. A Criminal was dealt with. Accomplices at large. For now. Aiding and abetting. Will be dealt with."

Kell_tamer
2014-02-02, 12:53 AM
The Lawgiver turns to the Marshal. "The only one who commited a crime in our presence Lawman, was the Exalt. she has been dealt with. The woman here was a victim of that crime and will not be treated as one of the criminals." She steps up to him with arms folded across her chest. "You may round up the others, but the justice to be dispensed is no longer the justice of your firearm. They will meet the law of this land."

josienoms
2014-02-02, 10:35 PM
Divyanshi stands behind Tepin, not saying anything at first. Silently, she agrees. There had been enough bloodshed already, and if the others abandoned their criminal ways now that their ringleader was killed, then the mission Attis had sent them on was complete. There would be no need for any more killing. She shuddered slightly at the vague memories of the murders her previous incarnation had committed, including that of Tepin's previous life. She still had nightmares about those atrocities, and didn't want to add to them if she could help it.

Obscurejones
2014-02-04, 01:46 AM
The Marshal stares down at the petulant pint-sized pugilist, pretty puzzled. After a moment a hoarse choking sound begins to shake its way out of him. As he's bent over slightly by the process it becomes apparent that the lawman is laughing.
"Hehehehe. That I believe, child, was my intent. After all. I wrote the laws. Unless you saw another set posted somewhere?"

horus42
2014-02-05, 11:28 AM
Mina faces the Marshal, and nods bravely. "I'll put the word out to the others. And when the three days are up, I'll come quiet-like. I jus' need some time to make arrangements. Have someone watch my kids, y'know." She sighs, then shrugs. "Though I ain't gonna make any promises about what the others'll do."

Kell_tamer
2014-02-06, 02:21 PM
Tepin continues looking at the lawman. "Not wanting bloodshed isn't funny Marshal. I saw how all too quick you were to pull out your gun, I am merely stating that I want no harm to befall people, especially those that don't deserve it. " The child looks over at mina. "Her sentence was already carried out in the form of a bullet. That is punishment enough. She is off your list." She looks to Raz. "Raziel, see that she gets to her kids safe and sound." She looks back to the Marshal. "I trust that is fair."

She speaks calmly, and as she does the light from her aura is slowly receding. The symbol of the sun having flickered back out to being just a golden glow.

Obscurejones
2014-02-06, 03:02 PM
"..."
The Marshal turns to the woman and looks her up and down. Grunts once, softly.
"Aye. Long as she gets the word out, no need for her to show."

JonRG
2014-02-06, 03:19 PM
Raziel breathes a sigh of relief. "I'll be sure that she does," he replies to both of them. Raziel turns to Mina, impressed by her strength. "Not bad for a mortal woman... Hell, not bad for anyone."

"C'mon," he mutters. "You really should rest. You've had a trying day."

horus42
2014-02-07, 08:09 PM
Mina nods curtly towards the Marshal. "Thank you fer your mercy. I'll make damn sure all the others know. I won't let you down." She then turns to Tepin. "And thanks, little one. Fer stickin' up fer me." With that, she leads Raziel back to her house.

Three days later, Mayor Attis calls you all back to his office. He is once more sitting at his desk, and he has his long blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. "I've heard that the head of the snake has been cut off, and that her minions have been rounded up. You've done well, and I am in your debt. I trust you didn't have any problems?" He smiles briefly.

Obscurejones
2014-02-07, 09:07 PM
"What was the quarrel between you and your kin, boy?"
The Marshal pushes up the brim of his hat a little and glares down his nose at the so called Mayor.

Kell_tamer
2014-02-07, 09:15 PM
Tepin open's her mouth to speak but is cut off by The Marshal. She closes up and sits. Surely the mayor had a reason...

JonRG
2014-02-07, 09:27 PM
Raziel's grin slips, but it is quickly replaced. His own little slice of family life, something he'd never had with House Cynis, had done wonders for his temperament. "Yes, it would have been good to know that the 'snake' was your big sister."

horus42
2014-02-07, 09:38 PM
Attis stands from his desk and sighs heavily. "So it really was Invidia, then. A shame." It seems like he's talking more to himself for a moment. He goes over to the window and looks out, before beginning to speak again.

"Invidia hated me for years. Ever since the Realm Civil War and the fall of House Mnemon. She blamed me for the deaths of our parents, you see. Agents of the Roseblack stormed our ancestral manor, and slaughtered nearly everyone inside. I was the only survivor. My sister believed that the only way I could have survived was by being a traitor, and has been periodically trying to kill me ever since."

JonRG
2014-02-07, 10:41 PM
"I'm sorry... I know what that's like." Raziel closes his eyes and thinks of his father.

josienoms
2014-02-08, 11:02 PM
Divyanshi frowned. She didn't have quite the same experience. In fact, she had been in Invidia's position. So she keeps her mouth shut, and stands behind Tepin. As Mayor Attis finishes his explanation, she steps forward slightly. "I'm sorry that we killed your sister. There must have been a way to solve it without violence. I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now."

She bites her lower lip, and takes a deep breath before speaking again. "And if you don't mind me asking, just how did you survive, if you weren't a traitor?"

horus42
2014-02-09, 10:41 AM
Attis waves his hand, then shrugs. "Water under the bridge, my dear. Nothing we can do to change it now. I just hope that it was a clean death. That she didn't suffer needlessly. Though now she must be at peace. In a new life, where her jealousy and rage no longer consume her."

He sighs, and walks back to his desk, sitting down and shuffling a few papers before he continues. "My survival is a touchy subject. I ran. Instead of staying to fight, and possibly turning the tide... And maybe saving my parents' lives... I fled like a coward, and let them die in my place." He rests his head in one hand, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I've regretted it ever since."

Kell_tamer
2014-02-12, 08:02 PM
"I am sorry it couldn't be resolved without bloodshed. Regret is a terrible thing, but a leader needs to know when to move past it. " Tepin looks at his eyes. "This city is your chance to atone. I suggest taking that second chance. Turn this into a place you would be proud to lead. One people want to come to." She has a warm smile on her face.

horus42
2014-02-14, 10:30 PM
A small smile crosses Attis' lips. "I'll take that in mind, young lady. For now, you're all free to go. I owe you a debt of gratitude, and I may call upon you again. However, I don't want you to leave here empty handed. And so, you may each call upon me, should you need to. One favor, and if it is within my power to grant, I will do so."

josienoms
2014-02-18, 12:07 PM
Divyanshi smiles and nods her head politely. "Thank you, Mayor. I'm glad that we did not disappoint you, and perhaps we can work together again in the future."

She then looks to Tepin, allowing the girl to say her piece, before heading out.

Kell_tamer
2014-02-18, 05:10 PM
Tepin gives a polite bow. The Earth Aspect was attempting to make this work and to her that was noble. "I actually have a simple request. One of the bandits may be interested in working for the town. I feel as a sign of good faith that it would be wise to allow the bandits when they have done their sentence to be offered a position in protecting the town. We know they are capable of fighting as even with a Chosen as leader they were able to cause trouble. Why not turn that trouble against those who would seek to further harass the village." She looks up at the mayor with a calm thoughtful expression. It was his town and she was merely making a suggestion.

"This could allow them to turn over a new leaf and put you in a good light. After all this town is your second chance, why can't it be theirs?" She offers a soft smile to him.

Obscurejones
2014-02-18, 06:39 PM
The Marshal grunts and quietly raises a hand, palm out towards the mayor.
"...Hurm. Work release. Not for profit. Money confuses the issue. But with your permission Mayor we could begin now while some of the Prisoners are still undergoing their sentences. Training, a vocation. Reduces recidivism. Excellent idea."
He slowly turns his head to Tepin.
"If you could speak to the charged. They may find you... More persuasive. Less threatening."

horus42
2014-02-19, 10:20 AM
Attis strokes his chin for a moment, seemingly deep in thought. "Well... I am very low on security forces at the moment. I suppose that it could work. Though Marshal, I'd like for you to keep an eye on them. If they don't toe the line, make sure that they are properly punished. I don't want any repeats of this debacle."

Obscurejones
2014-02-19, 12:21 PM
"...I am loathe to admit it, but a writ from this office would be my request for my favor. Establishing my office."
The Marshal bristles a little. He's obviously not happy about the fact that he has to actually ask to be... Y'know... The Marshal.

horus42
2014-02-19, 09:54 PM
Attis takes a piece of parchment from a drawer in his desk, dips a quill in his inkwell, and starts to write. His handwriting is all sharp angles, and looks very scratchy, but is legible. He signs it at the bottom, the pours a small amount of wax in the right hand corner. He takes a ring off his finger, and presses it into the wax, adorning it with his official seal.

He slides the parchment across his desk, towards The Marshal. "Done."

Obscurejones
2014-02-19, 10:18 PM
"My... Thanks."
The Marshal forces himself to spit out the last word through gritted teeth, a little cloud of ash flying out with it.

horus42
2014-02-24, 01:33 PM
Attis nods. "And you all have mine. Should I have need of you again, I'll have Rashid contact you. And should you have need of me, my door is always open to you." He stands and shows you out, closing the door behind you.

And now there's a few weeks of downtime! Put in the OOC thread any xp expenditures you're going to make, and how you'd like to sped your downtime. Then I'll pick us back up with a new plot point!

horus42
2014-03-16, 12:29 AM
Weeks go by, mostly without incident. You're all able to have some time to relax and rest, in addition to having time to pursue your own goals and wants. The work release program actually works pretty well, and during this time, the city security and law enforcement forces become stronger than they've ever been.

Eventually, however, Attis comes calling again. Rashid gathers you all together at City Hall, as per the mayor's request. He smiles as he leads you up the stairs, towards Attis' office. "It's good to see you all again, I hope you're doing well." His tone is polite, but businesslike. it's a bit hard to read at first glance if he actually cares. In the meantime, the door to the mayor's office closes behind you, and you all see Mnemon Attis once more at his desk. His once long mane of grizzled blonde hair has been cut close to his scalp, and the hints of a beard can be seen on his chin. He looks somehow older than you last saw him.

He doesn't look up at first, instead filling out some paperwork. He mutters under his breath, something that sounds vaguely like cursing, before his voice raises slightly, and you can tell that he's definitely cursing. He seems to catch himself as the door closes, and looks up at you all.

"Oh! Excellent, hello." He shuffles the papers and puts them in a drawer in his desk. "Establishing these trade routes will be the death of me, I'm sure." He sighs and rubs his face tiredly as he stands up.

"That's also exactly what I wanted to talk to you all about, actually. A nearby nation has proposed an alliance. The Caliph of Khartoum is willing to ah... "share" in our prosperity, so to speak. We'll be allowed to ship our Jade and other goods North through his ports along the river, which will benefit us in the long run, expose us to a larger market. All he asks in exchange is that I marry his daughter."

He pauses and sighs, looking down at his feet. "I'm an old man. She's a young woman, barely more than a girl. Both of us know full well that it's nothing more than a political marriage. But even still, I want her to arrive here safely for the ceremony. Her father has asked that I send an honor guard to accompany her and her attendants. Can I count on you?" He looks back up, a small glimmer of hope in his eyes.

Kell_tamer
2014-03-16, 01:02 AM
The child bows to the mayor. "I can't speak for the others, but I would be happy to help." The girl seems ready and eager to help out despite having been working already to teach people and talk to local deities. She seems genuinely interested in the towns well being.

Obscurejones
2014-03-16, 10:20 AM
"...Deputies have been doing well enough on their own. Will leave Mina in charge."
The Marshal chuckles softly under his breath.
"Protecting a stage. Can't beat the classics."

JonRG
2014-03-16, 12:43 PM
Raziel opens his mouth to make a snide remark, but Attis's sincerity makes him think better of it. "I'd be glad to make sure that your young lady arrives safely." He offers a small bow.

Lix Lorn
2014-03-16, 02:15 PM
Zulia nods in agreement, understanding the importance of such a political move.

horus42
2014-03-16, 07:09 PM
Attis sighs, and a wave of relief washes over his face. "Thank you. The journey to Khartoum takes about four days, and the Caliph expects you soon. You don't have to leave immediately, you have time to prepare for the trip, and if I can provide you with anything, feel free to ask. If it's available to me, I'll have Rashid bring it to you. He'll be serving as your guide, since I believe none of you have been there before, correct?" He raises an eyebrow, looking quizzical.

josienoms
2014-03-16, 10:12 PM
Divyanshi nods, smiling slightly. "Of course we'll help. We'll need food and water, of course. And I've never been there before, no. Can you tell us anything about the route itself? Any known dangers?"

Despite what Attis will say, Divyanshi wasn't worried. Journeys were her specialty, after all.

horus42
2014-03-19, 09:41 AM
Attis ponders for a moment, before he answers. "The crossing itself is fairly tame. Just be sure to take plenty of food and water across the desert, and you should be fine. However..."

He walks around to the front of his desk. "There's a faction within the Caliphate's government that opposes the union. It's very possible that they'll try to stop you. I'm not sure exactly what they're capable of, but I doubt it's nothing you can't handle."

josienoms
2014-03-20, 10:56 AM
She nods. "Very well. We'll prepare for the worst, though I hope it won't come to that. Can you tell us anything about their capabilities? Do they have any Exalted at their disposal?"

horus42
2014-03-20, 02:57 PM
"Well, Khartoum was, until fairly recently, dominated by a Lunar Exalt, and has a very large population of Beastfolk. I personally don't know if said Lunar is still around, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was."

Attis shrugs slightly. "It's mostly those who supported the old ruler who oppose this alliance. If it does come to a fight, expect to see well equipped Beastfolk, and possibly a god-blooded or two, as the local river god favored the old order, in addition to the very real possibility of at least one Celestial Exalt."

Kell_tamer
2014-03-20, 06:43 PM
"If it comes to it, I will attempt to talk to the River God. Might be able to convince them to step out of this."

The small child was very confident in her ability to speak to deities.

"And hopefully we could possible convince these people to join us, but who knows. I prefer extending the olive branch before the spear."

josienoms
2014-03-20, 08:59 PM
Divyanshi nods politely. "I think that's all the information I need, Mayor Attis. Thank you." She leaves her head bowed for a few short moments, and then looks to the others, ready to get going.

Obscurejones
2014-03-21, 12:29 AM
"I find a sidearm much more useful than a spear. Better reach. On that note, I'd like to requisition a sidearm. A plain steel revolver would serve."

horus42
2014-03-21, 08:27 PM
"Rashid will make sure you have everything you need. Thank you all again, and I'll see you in a few days." A small smile crosses his thin lips, then he sits back down at his desk, going over the sheaves of parchment.

Rashid is waiting once more outside the office, and takes you back downstairs. Transportation is ready for you. The Marshal's Simhata, Divyanshi's Claw Strider, and horses for those who don't own their own animals. The mayor's aid mounts the horse in the front, then starts off out of town.

Is there anything you guys want to talk about or do during travel, or just have me skip to the next time something happens?

horus42
2014-03-31, 08:55 PM
The first few hours pass uneventfully. Rashid leads you out of town, heading Northwest. The harsh terrain starts to soften, and the scrub becomes rolling grasslands. Before boredom manages to set in, you all spot a caravan moving on the horizon, headed your way.

Kell_tamer
2014-03-31, 11:39 PM
Tepin, being ever believing that people are naturally good, steps slightly ahead of the group and waves to the caravan with a smile on her face.

josienoms
2014-04-01, 09:27 AM
Divyanshi frowns slightly as Tepin does so. She leans over and whispers in her ear. "I'm not so sure that was wise. These might be the very people who are trying to stop us."

Lix Lorn
2014-04-01, 02:22 PM
Zulia frowned, expecting trouble.

horus42
2014-04-01, 02:34 PM
The caravan draws nearer, lead by a contingent of robed and hooded men on camels, followed by horse drawn wagons containing women and children. A lone figure at the front waves back at the young Solar, letting you all know that they've seen you.

You can't make out any facial features at first, but they all seem to have oddly elongated faces. As the caravan comes into full view, you see that the people are Beastfolk. Each of them is covered with bronze and green scales, and has the head of a small crocodile. Their fingers are clawed, their jaws seem strong and full of cruel looking teeth, yet the men still carry weapons. The man at the front holds up a hand, and the caravan slows to a stop.

He smiles, in as odd a way as a man with the face of a crocodile can smile, and climbs down from his camel. His voice is soft and melodic, and he has a strange cadence to his speech. "Greetings! I am Ibrahim Ibn-Boutros Arbeely. If you have come to pay homage to the great god Petsuchos-Ra, know that he is not accepting pilgrims at this time. We ourselves were turned away not three days ago."

Kell_tamer
2014-04-01, 08:49 PM
"are your people in need of a place to stay? theres a village not far from here." She points back. "The mayor is one of the dragon Chosen. I'm sure if you are willing to help out around the town they'd be willing to put you up." The girl smiles that warm sunny smile of hers.

Obscurejones
2014-04-01, 09:22 PM
The Marshal looms over Tepin's shoulder, giving his best terrifying rictus grin.
"It is a lovely city. Well defended."

josienoms
2014-04-01, 09:53 PM
A smile smile of approval towards The Marshal flickers across Divyanshi's face. She was glad that at least one other person in the group seemed to have some sense.

"Thank you for your kindness, Ibrahim. I am Divyanshi, and my compatriots and I are not on our way to see Petsuchos-Ra. We are simply travelers passing through the area." She bows her head politely.

"I hope that you find safe travels, for you and your kin."

JonRG
2014-04-01, 10:11 PM
Raziel smothers a laugh in his sleeve. Such a sweet child. He could scarcely imagine the look on Attis' face should this caravan arrive in his village. Hopefully, he wouldn't be too upset at her. "Yes, safe travels to you all," Raziel finally chimes in.

horus42
2014-04-02, 09:38 AM
Ibrahim nods thoughtfully, that same small smile still on his lipless face. "I see. Well, I thank you all for your advice, but my people and I are nomads. We find city life too stifling. Perhaps a few of us might go into town for supplies, but I doubt we would ever settle there. And I meant no offense, of course." He bows his head slightly, before looking back up.

"Perhaps our paths will cross again one day." He climbs back on the camel, and soon, the caravan is back on its way.

Rashid looks over to the rest of you. "Khartoumese nomads? I've never heard of them before. Something about this doesn't sit well with me."

Obscurejones
2014-04-02, 05:23 PM
The Marshal lifts the brim of his hat slightly and glares off after the supposed nomads.
"...I could run them down. Inspect their caravan. But if I do so and find nothing, I believe it would be what your master calls an Incident of Diplomacy."

Lix Lorn
2014-04-02, 05:29 PM
"I've heard of them." Zulia says simply. "A small group of them split off from the rest of the Khartoumese."

Kell_tamer
2014-04-02, 08:23 PM
Tepin just kinda looks around at the sour faces. "... they could actually be refugees..." She frowns. "must everyone be something sinister?"

josienoms
2014-04-02, 09:44 PM
Divyanshi furrows her brows. "Interesting. Can you tell us any more about them, Zulia?"

Lix Lorn
2014-04-02, 10:24 PM
"There was a lunar involved, if I'm not mistaken, though I don't recall on which side." she frowns.

horus42
2014-04-03, 09:59 AM
Rashid frowns, looking over his shoulder at the caravan. "A Lunar used to rule Khartoum before the current Dynasty of Caliphs took over. It's possible these nomads broke off to protest his rule. Or that they broke off to follow him after the first Caliph usurped him."

Lix Lorn
2014-04-03, 10:52 AM
"I believe it was quite some time ago, so I'd assume the former." she says, detachedly. "Does it matter?"

josienoms
2014-04-03, 12:32 PM
Divyanshi shrugs. "No, it doesn't. Those people seemed trustworthy, and we have no reason to assume they're anything but peaceful pilgrims. If they had wanted to hurt us, they would have. We were incredibly outnumbered."

horus42
2014-04-05, 06:16 PM
Rashid considers this for a moment, then nods. "I believe you're right. We should keep moving."

He tugs on the reigns of his horse, and starts heading off again. "We're making good time, though."

Days pass, without incident. You pass by small towns, and large cities, until you reach Khartoum itself. The city straddles a wide, slow moving river, and the streets are crowded with people. Merchants can be heard hawking their wares as you pass through the market district on your way to the Caliph's palace.

The palace itself is extravagant, columns of white marble supporting a domed structure of the same material, trimmed with gold. Guards stand at the gates, but they let your through after exchanging brief words with Rashid.

Past the gates is a large garden, which serves as the palace's courtyard. Inside, you see an elderly man in a fine white tunic, playing with a young boy, who looks no more than five. The man has grey streaked through his finely trimmed hair and beard, and wears a turban on his head. His eyes are dark, and glitter with intelligence, and his face is lined with wrinkles. He smiles as he puts down the child, saying "Run along now. Find your father."

The boy runs off as the old man comes over to you, smiling. "Welcome, emissaries of Mnemon Attis. I am Jafar Ibn-Yusuf Al-Hadid, the Caliph of Khartoum."

JonRG
2014-04-05, 09:09 PM
"We are honored to have been chosen for this mission," Raziel replies with a bow.

josienoms
2014-04-06, 11:13 AM
Divyanshi smiles and mimics Raziel, bowing as the Caliph approaches. "It truly is an honor, mighty Caliph." She smiles as she straightens back up. "I hope that this arrangement can bring a long and fruitful partnership between our two nations."

She introduces everyone, and then turns her yellow eyes to Jafar. "When are we to meet your daughter? Mayor Attis is most excited to meet her as well. And I would like to assure you that no harm will come to her during the journey."

horus42
2014-04-06, 08:31 PM
The Caliph nods, still smiling. "And I thank you all for your courtesy. My daughter and her retinue will be along shortly. In the meantime, can I interest you in some refreshments?"

At his words, a group of servants come over, bearing trays laden with food and drink. Water and wine, dried dates, sweetbreads, and meats.

"Please, eat. Drink. It would be rude of me not to offer to my guests."

josienoms
2014-04-07, 11:17 AM
Divyanshi smiles and takes a glass of water, along with a few dates. She nibbles on them politely, and sips at her glass.

"Thank you, your Highness. It's quite good." While she eats, she looks around, trying to take in every detail of the courtyard, trying to see if there is any source of danger.

If the opposition was planning on an attack, the Caliph's stronghold, where he feels safest, might be the last thing anyone would expect.

JonRG
2014-04-07, 12:34 PM
"Thank you." Raziel reaches for the water first, then his hand drifts over to the wine. He'd been good for so long... Warmth washes over him as the wine slides down his throat. Raziel nibbles on some sweetbread and wonders how attractive this princess is.

Kell_tamer
2014-04-07, 01:15 PM
Tepin gives a polite bow and accepts a bit of the food. She allows herself to indulge in a single glass of wine assuming it isnt denied to the small god king.

"Thank you for your hospitality. It is our pleasure to be escorting your daughter to Tenzin"

horus42
2014-04-08, 09:46 AM
"You're all welcome. Thank you for your willingness to help." He smiles warmly, but before he can speak again, a young woman who looks to be in her early twenties comes into the courtyard, followed by a group of servants carrying bags and trunks. "Ah! Fadwa, you've arrived."

She looks nothing like her father. Youthful and beautiful, with long curly black hair, and long legs barely hinted at from beneath her dress. She has enough curve to be appealing, without being overly so. However, she smiles in the same way as the Caliph, and she has his same glittering brown eyes. She runs over and hugs him. "I'll miss you, father. I'll try to come back and visit, when I can."

"I'm sure you will. Fadwa, these are the people who will be escorting you to your new husband. You're in good hands."

She looks at you all and smiles. "A pleasure." She bows her head.

Divyanshi doesn't notice anything.

Kell_tamer
2014-04-08, 07:55 PM
The small Pillar of the Sun gives a polite bow to the woman. "It is an honor Lady Fadwa"

JonRG
2014-04-08, 10:50 PM
"By Sol..." Raziel thinks, struggling to keep his mouth closed. "An honor and a pleasure," he chimes in.

josienoms
2014-04-08, 11:54 PM
Divyanshi bows, smiling at the beautiful young princess. "Are you ready to begin the journey, my lady? Or is there more to do here in the city before we set off?"

horus42
2014-04-09, 11:16 AM
Fadwa shakes her head gently at Divyanshi's question, and motions for her servants to come closer. "No, I'm ready to go. We didn't plan a feast or any kind of ceremony because it would make too tantalizing a target for our enemies. Slipping out unnoticed would be better." She smiles, though it looks forced. It seems she doesn't really want to leave at all.

The Caliph puts an arm around her shoulders, in a gesture of fatherly affection. "I'm trusting you all now. My daughter's life is in your hands. Please don't make me regret this decision."

Fadwa kisses her father's cheek, to assure him that she'll be fine. "I trust that I'm in good hands, father. I'm sure that Lord Attis would only send his best people to escort me." Her next smile appears more genuine and friendly.

Rashid dips his head in deference to the Caliph, and leads you all back out to the animals. Fadwa and her closest handmaidens are loaded into a horse-drawn wagon, and the supplies they're bringing along go in another. Before too long, and after one last goodbye, you're all on your way out of the city, heading back towards Tenzin.

Kell_tamer
2014-04-09, 12:04 PM
The little priest pauses before they begin. She makes a prayer to the Maiden of Journeys. The old realm the very langauge of the first age the Chosen used to communicate with the Incarnae and spirit courts.

To better get the Incarna's attention she lets her essence bleed into her words and carry them to the ears of the great maiden, asking for a safe voyage. A slight glittler accros her brow as she burns a bit of her own power to uplift the words.

Prayer roll at -1 difficulty for being a Zenith. full excellency and 9 personal motes. 1 peripheral is spent for stunting purposes. dice are 4 charisma + 5 performance + 1 specialty + 9 Excellency. + whatever stunt if any.

Normal pool 19
[roll0]
stunt if any
[roll1]

josienoms
2014-04-09, 10:45 PM
Divyanshi sits astride her Claw Strider, riding alongside the wagon where Fadwa is sitting.

"Fadwa, care to tell us about yourself?" She smiles warmly, trying to get the girl to open up about herself, in the hopes that it will make her more comfortable.

horus42
2014-04-11, 10:06 AM
Fadwa smile softly as Divyanshi addresses her. "That's very sweet of you to ask. There's not much to tell, unfortunately. This is the longest I've ever been outside the palace. My father is very protective of me, though my older brother has always had more freedom. I've lived a very sheltered life, and as exciting as it is to see some more of the world, I'm also scared."

The hours go by, without much happening. However, as you get close to the place where you need to ford the river, Rashid stops your progress by holding up a hand.

"There's been a flood. We can't go any further." And he's right. The river has overflown its banks, and water covers the entire plain as far as the eye can see.

Fadwa panics. "Oh no... Father said this might happen! Petsuchos-Ra is blocking our progress so that he can find us, and kill me!" She shudders as she says the word "he".

JonRG
2014-04-11, 10:28 AM
Raziel lays a hand on the young woman's shoulder. "That won't happen. Whoever "he" is, he'd have to get through all of us." He offers her a warm smile. "So, what have you heard about our fair little stretch of desert?"

Kell_tamer
2014-04-11, 10:54 AM
Tepin frowns at the situation. Spirits should hold themselves to a higher standard than the petty games of power that mortals and sneaky chosen do.

She walks over to the caravan and grabs a small knife.

Carrying it with a firm grip she makes her way to the river and closes her eyes. While the spirit probably wasn't bloodthirsty she knew that contaminating an area can get their attention sometimes faster. She began to recite a prayer that was less prayer and more demand.

" Petsuchos-Ra! Your actions are impeding the effort of the Sun's Chosen and their companions! Come forward and explain yourself!" With a quick motion she takes the knife in her right hand and plunges it completely through her left. She winces as she does so but knowing it a necessity to make her point. Squeezing her hand she lets blood pour into the river and carry along its current, though from a living being, a small sampling of what could happen should the spirit not remember the old laws of the age of dreams.

As she speaks the light of the sun unfolds around her. It wasn't necessary but a little flourish never hurts when dealing with powerful beings.

"Make yourself known now and avoid conflict later. This choice is yours.

With that she takes the knife still stained with her blood and throws it into the river.

Tepin is usually quite charming and friendly except when deliverate action is taken to threaten people she's charged with protecting. She knows the Sun himself told her she was a ruler even among gods. She doesn't typically flaunt it but if a spirit is being bossed by another powerful being it pays to remind them which power is the real power. She is using a forceful personality and uses her excellency to its fullest along with Terrifying Apparition of Glory so that should the prayer make it through, he can't simply ignore it. 12 motes peripheral 9 for excellency 3 for terrifying apparition of glory. If he can perceive the solar she will add 2 dice to the roll

Also i'll mark off a lethal level of damage filling her first -0 box for the blood bit.

Charisma + Performance + Excellency = 19 dice
[roll0]
Gem of Grace if applicable
[roll1]
stunt if any
[roll2]

josienoms
2014-04-11, 11:42 AM
The young Zenith's display was over the top, but Divyanshi wasn't in the mood to argue. If the message got across, that was all that mattered. Even the power granted by her Anima might not be enough to get them around the floodplain in time to avoid whatever attack might be incoming.

While waiting for the river god to respond, Divyanshi joins Raziel in trying to calm the princess.

"Fadwa, who is "he"? What can you tell us about him? The more we know, the more likely we'll be able to fight him off."

horus42
2014-04-11, 01:32 PM
Fadwa smiles nervously. "Only that it was once dangerous, but a group of heroes has made it safe again. Most of what I've heard had been about Lord Attis himself. That he's honest and handsome, though he can be stern and unforgiving as well." She looks to Divyanshi as she asks her questions.

"He is the former tyrant, the one my ancestors overthrew long ago. A demon of a man, who cannot be killed. They say he takes the form of men and beasts, and shines with silver light. His one goal in life is to kill my family, and take back his throne."

Several minutes pass after Tepin beseeches the river god before anything happens. The waters of the floodplain ripple, as a dark shape moves beneath the surface. The shape stops as it nears the shore, and a massive form erupts from the water. A giant of a crocodile, thirty feet long and nearly as tall as a man comes up onto the shore. Amazingly, terrifyingly... it speaks.

"Sun Chosen. I was unaware of your presence. I mean no insult against you, but I work with one Chosen of the Moon. One who has long been my friend and ally, while your kind left Creation to rot."

Take a two dice stunt on that, Kell. It was pretty cool.

Kell_tamer
2014-04-11, 02:05 PM
The child's demeanor returns to that of a calm exterior. "I apologize for the dramatic oh great one. Sometimes its necessary to guarentee attention. those who know me know I would never actually try to resort to something as brash as violence or threats as a means of getting attention."

Her smile becomes warm again in the light of her anima.

"Great Petsuchos-Ra, while I do not wish to come between you and your relationship with the Chosen of Luna, I must ask for consideration in that the task I request is but a trifle of one with your power, and will be a boon to Creation. Would you be willing to hold back your waters long enough for us to pass?"

She gestures with her right hand back to the group.

"Our mission is to escort these people to Tenzin. it would be a great boon to us if you allowed us passage, and I can promise that the allowance of such a passage would aid you as well. The town is up and coming, and connections to spirits are being made. Surely we could come to an arrangement with you."

She bows politely with her arms outspread,

"What say you? Are you willing to negotiate?"

She looks back up with that charming smile.

Charisma + Presence + 4 motes personal on presence excellency + 1 point of specialty in friendly persuasion. She herself is a friendly sort, and he may get the hint shes offering that a new town means new potential source of prayer.
Regardless
Charisma + Presence + specialty + gem + excellency 16 dice.
[roll0]
stunt if any
[roll1]

horus42
2014-04-12, 09:17 AM
Petsuchos-Ra growls thoughtfully, seemingly caught in indecision.

"You and yours may pass, Chosen of the Sun. The girl however..." He turns his massive head towards Fadwa. "She stays. I cannot break my word to Saleh, regardless of how doing so might benefit me. I value his friendship and trust."

The river god seems conflicted, however. Despite what he says, it doesn't appear that he really wants an innocent girl to die for her ancestor's actions.

Obscurejones
2014-04-12, 12:27 PM
Peering from beneath the broad brim of his hat the Marshal smiles just slightly, the movement twisting his scars.
"He will kill the girl. For something she never did. Isn't justice. Isn't the law. Can't let that happen."
The Marshal reaches up to gently turn his star towards the sun, and as the tarnished bauble catches the light it shines, the orhalicum in it bursting forth from behind soulsteel. For a moment the Marshal almost seems to glow like the sun itself, the strength of his convictions shining forth from behind his fire blackened skin.
"You are just. Your devotion to creation speaks to it. If you believe in correcting the failures of the past then do not give into the excesses that brought creation low. Murder for power's sake is beneath you. You will let the girl pass. And if your ally wishes to kill her then he can come to us. The Sun has returned, God. We'll see Justice done."

Kell_tamer
2014-04-12, 02:00 PM
"If you would like to make an exchange. Allow the girl to pass. I shall speak to the lunar. They do not need me to finish their journey." The girl gives a polite bow to the god.

"I shall take whatever blame for this for you should not be punished for allowing a girl to live."

JonRG
2014-04-12, 02:03 PM
At the river god's declaration, Raziel takes Fadwa's hand in one of his. He starts when Tepin makes her offer. "We won't just leave you here. Saleh is dangerous."

horus42
2014-04-13, 12:00 AM
The sound that comes from Petsuchos-Ra's mouth sounds almost like an exasperated sigh. "No exchange is necessary, young one. You're right. You're all right. I've been blinded by ambition, used and manipulated." He turns his head towards the floodplain, and the waters begin to recede. Within several minutes, the river is back to the way it usually looks.

"You may all pass. But I must warn you. Saleh and those who follow him are approaching. Use all the speed and cunning you have to avoid him."

Kell_tamer
2014-04-13, 12:19 AM
With another polite bow the, Tepin smiles to the spirit. "I wouldn't be surprised if Saleh is watching now. The Moon's Chosen are cunning like that. " She looks back to the group and gestures with her head to begin crossing.

she looks back to the spirit. "Will you be alright? I ask about staying behind because as I said, you were protecting the people of creation, a just a noble cause. I would not want you hurt for such a thing. " Concern spreads across the young priest's face. "My offer to stay here still stands, if you wish it. "

josienoms
2014-04-13, 12:10 PM
Divyanshi's eyes scan the skies briefly, though not thoroughly. "We need to get moving. Tepin, I'm sure that Petsuchos-Ra can take care of himself." She rides her Claw Stider towards the center of the group. "Please everyone, gather 'round. It's time for me to show my true nature." She trails off, but knows that it must be done if the mission is to succeed.

The Chosen of Journeys takes a deep breath, then makes the Lesser Sign of Mercury. She glows with a soft yellow light, and her Caste Mark glitters on her forehead. "Stay close to me, and we'll go faster than Saleh ever could."

I'm spending 10 motes to invoke my Anima Power. All allies within 30 yards now move at triple their normal speed.

JonRG
2014-04-13, 12:28 PM
Raziel's eyes flare briefly. He knew of all manner of Exalt, but not this one. "Interesting," he deadpans. "Shall we be off?"

horus42
2014-04-13, 10:55 PM
"The Star Chosen is right, Prince of the Earth. You and yours must hurry. I will delay him, if I can." The large river god bows his massive head.

"Farewell, I am sure we shall meet again. Now, go." He turns back towards the river, and soon reaches the banks. He slips into the water, and out of sight.

Rashid looks to Divyanshi, his eyebrows raised in surprise. "You can explain on the way. For now, we should get moving."

He kicks his horse into motion, and the group gets underway. The miles seem to vanish beneath the hoofbeats, and the going becomes much easier. It's almost as if you're flying.

Kell_tamer
2014-04-13, 10:57 PM
Tepin takes a moment to bow to the point where the spirit rose from. She then joins Div upon her claw strider. "Let us not keep Attis waiting"

JonRG
2014-04-13, 10:59 PM
Raziel looks to Fadwa. "How are you feeling?"

josienoms
2014-04-13, 11:13 PM
Divyanshi helps Tepin onto her Claw Strider, and then sets off, staying in the middle of the group. Her Caste Mark and Anima still shine softly as she rides. "This probably comes as a shock to you all, doesn't it?" Her face is twisted into a small wince. "It's just in the nature of the Sidereal Exalted to keep secrets. I meant no offense to any of you."

Kell_tamer
2014-04-13, 11:26 PM
"No offense taken" Tepin smiles.

JonRG
2014-04-13, 11:26 PM
Raziel shrugs. "None taken. I confess, early on I half-wondered if you were secretly one of us, because you were so competent and amenable to our existence where so few are. When you didn't say anything, I figured it was nothing."

horus42
2014-04-13, 11:36 PM
Fadwa smiles nervously at Raziel. "I'm feeling better, thank you. And I feel... safe with you." It's unclear if she means Raziel specifically, or the group in general.

JonRG
2014-04-14, 12:07 AM
"That's a relief." Raziel can't quite figure out whether she's praising him or the group, but it's a good sign regardless. For the mission, of course.

Obscurejones
2014-04-14, 12:08 AM
The Marshal's response is dry enough to add to the desert around them.
"She is promised to another, Cynis."

JonRG
2014-04-14, 12:26 AM
If looks could kill, the Marshal would be stone-dead. Raziel sniffs. "I am aware, thank you. Only you could divine an ulterior motive from mere courteous words." He glances over at Fadwa, hoping that the Marshal's accusation hadn't unnerved her.

horus42
2014-04-14, 09:16 PM
Fadwa wrinkles her nose at the Marshal. "I'm not certain I like what you're implying, sir. Unless the comment was more directed at him, and not at me. I assure you, I'll be a perfect bride for Lord Attis."

Hours pass, and the sun begins to set. Divyanshi's Anima fades, and you all slow down to your normal speed. Rashid rides alongside you all, frowning. "We have a good head start, but will it be enough?"

josienoms
2014-04-14, 10:14 PM
"It'll have to be. Nights in the desert are freezing, we need to make camp." She gets down from her Claw Strider, helping Tepin down as well.

"We'll stay within walking distance of the river, in case we need water. Rashid, is our supply running low?" She looks around at their surroundings. "This will have to do. Marshal, would you mind taking first watch?"

Kell_tamer
2014-04-14, 10:44 PM
Tepin begins unloading the camp supplies from the strider. "I could say a prayer to Luna, don't know how much she'd be willing to help us from her own chosen, but she is unpredictable so it can't hurt."

horus42
2014-04-15, 11:15 AM
Rashid shakes his head as he starts setting up tents. "No, we have plenty. Though we don't have any wood for a fire." He frowns slightly, but shrugs and moves on.

He looks over to Tepin. "It's worth a shot, but might not do much good."

As the hours go by and mostly everyone sleeps, the sound of hoofbeats in the distance can be heard. As the dawn nears, a group of people on horseback can be seen riding towards camp. At the front is a handsome, young looking man with dark skin and long black hair. He's followed by ten crocodile beastfolk, all of them armed.

The young man pulls on the reigns, stopping his horse about a dozen yards from the edge of camp. He dismounts, and starts to walk forward. As he nears, you can see more details about him. His skin is covered with swirling silver tattoos, and his eyes are cold, reptilian, and inhuman. His mouth is twisted in a sneer, and his voice is harsh and full of barely restrained anger. "I am Saleh Ibn-Wahab Al-Malik. Bring me the girl."

josienoms
2014-04-15, 01:45 PM
Divyanshi sat bolt upright in her tent, drenched with sweat. She'd had the nightmare again. She got dressed and stepped out into the predawn light. It would be a while before she could sleep again, so she might as well get to work. She made her way to the edge of camp when Saleh arrived.

"That's impossible. How did you find us?" Her hands fell to her sides, her thumbs resting on the hammers of her guns. She considered simply shooting him here and now, but knew that without backup, that idea might very well be suicidal. So she dug in her heels, and waited for the others to show up.

Kell_tamer
2014-04-15, 01:56 PM
Tepin steps out to the front and folds her arms over her chest. Her dark skin untainted by the dusts and such of the trip.

"I am Tepin, The Fourth Day, and since we are being abrupt, no."

She narrows her eyes at the lunar

"Now then moon chosen, that the demands and response is out of the way we can actually discuss this."

horus42
2014-04-15, 03:52 PM
Saleh scowls at the immediate refusal of his demands. "It took me a long time to find you, Chosen of Mercury. Yes, I know what you are." He adds, waving a hand lazily. "But you were burdened by civilians, and had to make camp. My men and I rode all night to catch up. Though we were delayed briefly by Petsuchos-Ra." A flicker of regret crosses his face.

"And young Tepin, god-king though you may be, I am acting within my rights." He spots the badge on The Marshal's chest, and smirks softly. "The girl is a usurper, and guilty of treason. By MY laws, the rightful laws of Khartoum, her life is forfeit. I am not being unreasonable." He meets the Marshal's gaze. "Surely you would understand that, as an... officer of the law."

Kell_tamer
2014-04-15, 04:25 PM
The child narrows her eyes. "What treason do you speak of? Usurpation is not a crime. Not there."

horus42
2014-04-15, 04:42 PM
"As long as her family remains sitting on my throne, they are breaking the laws of Khartoum. And in this nation, usurpation is a crime, regardless of how justified the usurpers believe it to be."

Kell_tamer
2014-04-15, 04:54 PM
Tepin lets a slight grin. "Really a chosen of the moon got usurped? then you weren't rightfully in charge to begin with. If you will recall back before this second age as it has been called, there was no law against usurpation. She begins approaching him with a very confident stride.

"The Solar's of old in their arrogance couldn't even believe such a thing could happen, and given their arrogance they didn't make laws for it."

Standing not more than a couple feet away from him. "Do you know WHY no one bothers to include a law on usurpation? Because if you think it can happen you admit yourself that you are a bad ruler to your enemies. If this girl's family truly took your throne you never deserved it in the first place. Much like the laws of the Primordials before the war, rendered meaningless when the Chosen took them from their throne. Then their laws rendered meaningless when the Dragon Blooded cast down the arrogant Solars of old and sent the Moon Chosen away. And your very laws are meaningless because you no longer have the throne yourself."

She looks up at him with a slight smirk upon her face. "Now given that your kingdom is apparently usurped and thus not yours, your laws mean nothing. You are no longer on the throne and thus your laws themselves are without any power so we don't have to follow them either. Far as I can tell you just spouted hot air at us in the hopes of intimidation"

She stands with her arms crossed looking up at him. The Zenith not backing down to claims.

josienoms
2014-04-15, 08:19 PM
Divyanshi frowns, latching on to one particular phrase that Saleh said. "Briefly delayed. Then he let you pass? Or did you hurt him?"

Regret floods into her. Another of her suggestions had possibly gotten someone hurt. Despite his flaws, Petsuchos-Ra had been willing to do the right thing in the end. At his core, he was a good person. And now he might be dead.

horus42
2014-04-15, 09:59 PM
"Then nothing's changed." Saleh looks at Tepin, coldly. "If my laws were invalidated by their usurpation, then theirs will be just as invalid when I kill them all and take back my throne. Might makes right, is that it, Solar? Then there's nothing stopping me from killing Mnemon Attis and taking Tenzin. Then I'll move on to Gem and Paragon. An-Teng and Chiaroscuro. I'll put the entire South under my heel, before taking the Scarlet Empire itself. As long as I have the strength, I'm not only able, I'm justified. You said so yourself."

He smirks, turning Tepin's words against her, before looking over to Divyanshi. "I don't tolerate treachery from anyone. Not my subjects, nor my enemies... nor my friends. Petsuchos-Ra betrayed me." He reaches into his saddlebag and tosses a large chunk of Starmetal at Divyanshi's feet. "And he suffered for it."

JonRG
2014-04-15, 10:08 PM
"There is something stopping you," Raziel sneers, rising to his full height. "Us." He clicks the klaive from its sheath.

Kell_tamer
2014-04-15, 10:23 PM
Tepin tilts her head and leans forward looking up at him. "Never said might makes right, it was mostly me pointing out that apparantly the lunar in front of me just never had might."

josienoms
2014-04-15, 11:45 PM
Divyanshi looks down at the cold lump of Starmetal at her feet. The corpse of a dead god. It was hear idea to leave the river god behind, and he had died for it. She had insisted on moving on without him, and he sacrificed himself to buy them time.

Torn with indecision, she simply picks up the Starmetal, turning it over in her hands. Her voice is quiet, and full of deadly determination. She talks to herself more than anyone else, saying "I'll make sure it wasn't a waste."

horus42
2014-04-16, 09:37 AM
"You think you can stop me? Maybe you can. I'm outnumbered after all." Saleh shrugs noncommittally. "But I doubt it. When this is all over, you four and the girl will be dead."

He pulls out a large Moonsilver shotgun, both barrels gleaming as the sun starts to rise.

Roll Join Battle, everyone!

Obscurejones
2014-04-16, 07:06 PM
The Marshal grins as the Lunar draws his weapon. Keeps his hands at his sides, not bothering to sweep aside his coat, to hover a hand over his sidearm, no gunslinger tricks. When it's time for the silver cur to die the Marshal's sidearm will know its place.
JB[roll0]
Stunt if any[roll1]

JonRG
2014-04-17, 10:53 AM
Raziel charges forward, kicking sand into the air. The fact he's likely running to his death barely registers in his mind. Fadwa was innocent like all those his family had ruined. If he had to die for her to live, then so be it. Raziel ducks into Saleh's periphery. Hopefully, his visual field was as narrow as his spirit animal's. His anima shines like the sun as the klaive aims squarely at Saleh's neck.

Spending all the motes. 2 for Five-Dragon Force Blow. 8 for First MA Excellency. Gonna channel conviction, as this is super in line with his motivation. Let's get DUMB.

Attack!: [roll0]
Stunt (if applicable): [roll1]

horus42
2014-04-17, 03:47 PM
Saleh attempts to dodge, but the blade still sinks into the junction of his shoulder and neck. He screams in rage and pain, then brings his shotgun to bear on Raziel. There's a sound of thunder and a flash of fire as he pulls the trigger. The massive slug tears through cloth, armor, and flesh alike.

After soak, you take one Lethal. Not a great way for Saleh to start the fight. And just a reminder that I do my damage rolls elsewhere, because it's easier on me.

Lix Lorn
2014-04-17, 07:47 PM
Zulia sighs, and a massive blade is suddenly in her hands. She flickers, and vanishes.
She reappears mid swing, the steel blade about to bite into the lunar's neck.

Summon greatsword and attack!
5m on excellency.
[roll0] Base damage is +9L, and this is speed 6.
Motes: 11/32

horus42
2014-04-17, 11:02 PM
Saleh dodges the attack, though just barely. The blade of Zhulia's sword slices off a lock of his hair. He snarls in fury, but before he can act...

It's Tepin and The Marshal's turn!

Kell_tamer
2014-04-17, 11:34 PM
As the gun levels upon a different target Tepin ducks forward and hooks her leg up before bringing it down to pull the gun closer to her arms and putting it into a lock. using him as leverage she brings her other foot up and grabs the Lunar's free arm into a tight clinch and brings a surprising amount of strength and momentum to keep both limbs locked tight. The light of the sun wraps around them before coming to a tight grip around the Lunar's arms, preventing him from raising his gun to do harm again. The girl winds up behind the lunar holding taught and firm, the strength of the Sun empowering her beyond that of a mere child.

Grapple Time Tepin has either strength or dexterity 4 + martial arts 5 + unarmed 2 + a full 9 excellency dice for a total of 20 + any stunt Peripheral spends
Dice
[roll0]
stunt
[roll1]

Obscurejones
2014-04-18, 05:45 PM
"And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder, and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps."

Revelations, 14:2

And with a sound of great thunder the Marshal's sidearm appears in his hand. Smoke curls out from the barrel, but the shot has already gone in a triumphant roar of howling ghosts. Faster then the eye can follow, death comes when the Marshal calls it.

As they arrive, the ghosts envelope Saleh, their tenebrous talons tearing his flesh, stripping the spirit from his skin. His blood chills in his veins and his heart goes cold. It may not be the Marshal who fires the final shot. But Saleh dies today. From the moment the thunder sounds he can see the shallow unmarked grave the Marshal will leave him in. Vultures will abandon his bones as beneath their feast.

"You picked the wrong fight, cur."
[roll0] Full excellency all ten dice of First. Comboing in Screaming Wraith Bullet and Devouring Time Technique. Spending a total of 15 motes from personal. The Lunar's DV is halved against the attack, the attack has its base damage increased to 11L, and if it hits the Lunar is stunned until his DV refreshes twice.

horus42
2014-04-18, 10:18 PM
Caught in Tepin's grip, Saleh has nowhere to go when the Marshal opens fire. Or so it appears. His form blurs, nearly appearing liquid for a moment. He flows around the oncoming bullet, which passes harmlessly into the distance. A silver crescent appears on Saleh's forehead, and his body glows with a light of the same color.

Saleh used Flowing Body Evasion, which is a Perfect Dodge, to avoid the attack. It was a beautiful move, Jones, but I didn't want the fight to be over just yet.

It's your turn now, Josie.

josienoms
2014-04-19, 08:52 AM
A silently whispered prayer to Mars is on Divyanshi's lips as she draws her gun, and levels it on Saleh. She inhales, then exhales slowly, pulling back the hammer of the Starmetal revolver. Essence tinges her intentions, and flows into the chamber, surrounding the bullet, causing it to glow with the same yellow light of her Anima and Caste Mark. Her eyes follow the length of the barrel, and meet Saleh's cold, reptilian ones.

With no more hesitation, she pulls the trigger.

I'm spending 3 motes and a point of Willpower to use Storm Clouds and Ravens Prophecy. The target number of my damage roll is reduced to 4, and now Saleh can't run or try to escape. His Fate is entwined to the end of this battle, and trying to run costs him 1 mote and 1 point of WP per action.

Dexterity+Firearms+Specialty:
[roll0]

And stunt if applicable:
[roll1]

horus42
2014-04-19, 10:04 PM
Saleh jerks slightly as he's hit. The bullet tears through his chest, and exists just above Tepin's shoulder, spraying her with blood. The Lunar looks down at his wound, then back up to Divyanshi, with fear in his eyes for the first time since he appeared. He knows what was just done to him, that Fate itself will punish him for trying to escape the fight.

He looks over his shoulder at his assembled men and screams at them. "Don't just stand there, you idiots! HELP ME!"

They seem unnerved by the way Saleh is acting, but obey nonetheless, charging into battle.

Saleh took a TON of damage here, thanks to the lowered target number. This is the first time his men have seen him legit afraid, and it kinda freaks them out. They won't actually join battle for a few ticks, though.

Take a one die stunt, Josie.

JonRG
2014-04-20, 09:30 PM
Warm blood spatters across Raziel's face. Time to press the advantage. He aims for the same spot as before, then reverses his grip and whirls backward. "Tepin, duck," Raziel commands. Once his comrade has shifted, he drives his blade at Saleh's chest.

Hng. Sleepy. Five Dragon Force Blow. 4 dice of excellency Serious encounter is serious. *nod*

Attack: [roll0]

Stunt: [roll1]

horus42
2014-04-22, 09:11 AM
The blade plunges into Saleh's chest, and he crumples, going limp in Tepin's arms. Raziel can tell that Saleh's lung has likely collapsed, and his breathing becomes ragged and forced.

"Enough of this..." The lunar snarls, and glows more brightly as he starts to change. He gains several feet of height, and his skin becomes armored scales of bronze and green. His face elongates into a crocodile's snout, and his fingers and toes are tipped with vicious looking claws. He sprouts a powerful tail, and roars his defiance at you all.

Saleh's using his turn to Deadly Beastman Transformation. It probably won't be enough to save him from this next tick, which has Zhulia, Tepin, and the Marshal all at once.

Kell_tamer
2014-04-22, 09:35 AM
Tepin's caste mark burns bright from her forehead. "you are right, this is enough!" Drawing upon her essence she tightens the grip and brings the beast up and over her. She spins on the heel of her left foot, pivoting it and as her right slams back into the ground for a brace her back arches as she brings his head crashing down upon the ground, cracking it beneath. "You who would call yourself Steward are nothing of the sort! Give back the power you no longer deserve to possess!" For the briefest moment it almost looks as if she has four arms. ... must be a trick of the light.

When in doubt perform a suplex :tongue: Maximum excellncy Dexterity 4 Martial Arts 5 Unarmed 2 + 9 excellency dice + stunt 20 dice + stunt

Base
[roll0]
stunt if any
[roll1]

Obscurejones
2014-04-24, 09:18 AM
The Marshal's face goes blank as the Lunar shapes around his bullet. When he speaks his voice is cold enough the frost forms on the ground.
"Fadwa, close your eyes and stop your ears. It would be a shame to deliver to the mayor a maddened blind bride."
It would appear that Saleh has royally pissed off the Marshal. The lawman advances on his target firing wildly. As the Marshal rattles off bullets the darkness leaks from his revolver, inky blackness dripping from the soulsteel. The Marshal growls and the howling of beasts can be heard, the noises man first heard at the edge of the fire. The darkness coalesces around a crisp white silhouette. The man stands behind the Marshal and fires as he does. As the bullets fly home the Marshal's anima grins, a hole in the air made of nothing.
Flurry 1[roll0]
Flurry 2[roll1]
Flurry 3[roll2]
Comboing in Screaming Wraith Bullet and Devouring Time Technique on each attack in the flurry. Using excellency to shore up dice pools to 16 for each attack. Spending a total of 27 motes from peripheral. The Lunar's DV is halved against the attack, the attack has its base damage increased to 11L, and if it hits the Lunar is stunned until his DV refreshes twice. The Marshal's anima is totemic. Any mortal that looks directly at him must make a valor check or flee. If they botch they claw out their own eyes.

horus42
2014-04-24, 12:02 PM
Fadwa and her entourage shield their eyes, though Saleh's Beastmen don't do the same. Overcome with terror, they turn around and flee.

Saleh roars in pain as his skull cracks against the ground, and the bullets tearing into his chest splatter his blood into the sand. He shudders and goes still, his eyes glazing over as he changes into his human form. The light of his Anima and Caste Mark goes out, as Saleh Ibn-Wahab Al-Malik dies.

Kell_tamer
2014-04-24, 12:37 PM
As the life leaves the lunar, Tepin releases his body. in a single graceful movement she returns to being upright and facing the people she was escorting. She gently dusts herself off, the collar on her neck making her look as though she had not been in the slightest scuffle.

Taking a moment she kneels down by the lunar and says a prayer.

"Luna, a champion of yours has fallen today. May you bless his soul and spirit with reminders of what it was that brought your power to him. May his soul be brought and judged as the champion he was before, not the tyrant he became. " She turns to the body and speaks to the ghost. "May this soul find peace in Lethe..."

The light around her flares again as a cleansing fire consumes the body. in moments it fades back to the bonfire it was. Tepin stands over the ashes that remain, looking slightly forlorn.
anima power 1 mote peripheral to bring back up the display as she burns the body and sends the ghost to lethe.

Obscurejones
2014-04-24, 12:46 PM
The Marshal spits on the ashes.

josienoms
2014-04-24, 03:04 PM
Divyanshi looks sadly at the ashes of the fallen Lunar. She whispers softly as she tucks the hunk of Starmetal into her saddlebag. "I'll make sure you receive the proper honors. You deserve that much." She looks back to the others and forces a smile.

"At least the hard part is over. We'll be back home soon."

Kell_tamer
2014-04-24, 03:32 PM
Tepin glares up at the Marshall. "That is uncalled for."

JonRG
2014-04-24, 04:16 PM
Raziel goes to Fadwa, still covered in the Lunar's blood. "You're not hurt, are you, Lady?"

horus42
2014-04-24, 08:20 PM
Trembling, Fadwa looks up to Raziel. "Y-yes, thank you." She smiles softly, and gets to her feet. "Thank you all." She still averts her eyes from the Marshal, and climbs into her wagon. "My people and I all owe you a debt of gratitude. We had thought the monster couldn't be killed. But now he won't hurt anyone ever again."

Rashid mounts his horse and rides off, back towards Tenzin. The rest of the journey is unremarkable, and you all soon find yourselves back in Attis' office. "You're all safe, though it looks as though Raziel is injured. Was there trouble?" His eyes are filled with genuine concern.

josienoms
2014-04-24, 09:16 PM
Divyanshi nods, her face set into a frown. "We were attacked by the former Lunar monarch of Khartoum. He was killed in the fighting, and his followers scattered. Raziel was injured, but Fadwa was unharmed. However, there was another casualty. Petsuchos-Ra is dead. I don't know how that will affect your budding alliance, since it hinges on trade down the river."

horus42
2014-04-25, 10:06 AM
Attis frowns. "Well, that's troubling news. I'll have to say something to Jafar at the wedding." He stands up from his desk and walks around to the front. "Even still, you've all done very well. I thank you for doing this, I find myself in your debt yet again." He looks over to Fadwa and smiles softly.

"It was very brave of you to make this journey for someone you've never met. But you'll see your family again, I promise you. At the wedding will be soonest, but we'll visit them every so often as well. I want you to feel comfortable and welcome here."

Fadwa returns the smile and bows her head. "Thank you, Lord Attis. I look forward to the wedding. I trust the preparations are going smoothly?"

Attis nods. "Indeed. Everything should be ready in a few weeks' time. In the meantime, Rashid will see you to your room." He takes her hand and kisses her fingers. "Until morning, my dear.'

The princess blushes and leaves with Rashid. Attis sighs and looks back to you all. "I owe all of you another favor. In the meantime, get some rest. You've earned it."

Weeks pass and downtime happens for you all to spend your xp. On to the enxt plot point!

A few weeks later, Mina walks into the jail and goes up to the Marshal's desk. "Sir? We have a prisoner who demands to speak with you and the other Exalted. He was... very persistent."

A few of the other officers come in, escorting a Blood Ape. It grins, showing off wickedly sharp yellow fangs, but makes no move to attack. It speaks in a deep, gravelly voice. "Greetings, Marshal. I come bearing a message for you and yours. I'll talk when the others are here, so I suggest you fetch them."

JonRG
2014-04-25, 11:11 AM
Before cool ape adventures occur...

"Just a scratch. I'll be fine," Raziel mutters. He stares after Fadwa as she leaves, then bows and returns to where he's staying with Tepin and Divyanshi. He drinks the rest of his flask, sews up his bullet wound, then falls asleep.

Obscurejones
2014-04-26, 12:02 AM
The Marshal looks over his desk at the Blood Ape. Frowns.
"Son, you're not from around here. Obviously. But I do not take well to orders from criminals and pissants."
He shoots Mina a look, meant to seem to menacing and dark to the prisoner. In reality Mina's worked with the Marshal long enough now to recognize quiet resignation.
"See if you can't round up the posse. Then we'll see if this pile of vitriol and spit has anything worth hearing."

horus42
2014-04-26, 03:57 PM
The Blood Ape scoffs. "I've broken none of your laws, Marshal. Well, not in your domain at any rate." The demon chuckles darkly. "I was arrested simply for being an Erymanthus. I'm not here to cause trouble, just to deliver a message from my master."

Mina goes around town and brings the rest of you, along with Mayor Attis, to the jail. Once you're all there, the demon clears his throat and begins to speak.

"My name is Magog, and I've come on behalf of my master, The Architect of the Monolith. She is extending an offer of peace towards you and yours. She has gathered many Exalted allies, and hopes that you will join her in her endeavor, which spans all Creation."

josienoms
2014-04-26, 10:13 PM
Divyanshi frowns at this. She wasn't sure what to make of what the Blood Ape was saying. In her experience, people who summoned demons to do their dirty work generally weren't interested in peace. Even still, she thought it might be best to at least try to start off on the right foot.

"What can you tell us about this Architect, Magog? Who is she, and what exactly is her "endeavor"? Who are her Exalted allies?"

Kell_tamer
2014-04-27, 09:15 AM
Tepin looks a bit in thought. "Why would a Green Sun Prince want to ally with us?"

horus42
2014-04-27, 01:14 PM
Magog continues as you start to ask questions. "The Architect is, as the young one said, a Green Sun Prince, chosen of She Who Lives in Her Name. She builds. That is her goal. She has spent the past several decades gathering allies, building cities, and growing the size of her army. Most of her footsoldiers are Eyrmanthoi like me, though she's also collected several members of the disgraced House Mnemon as well." The Blood Ape looks to Attis and smirks.

"The only one of her allies I'm allowed to mention by name is The Crucified Cleric Clad in Ebon Vestments, a Deathknight formerly in service to the Mask of Winters."

josienoms
2014-04-28, 10:29 AM
The Sidereal purses her lips, her brow furrowing. "That doesn't answer her question. Why does she want us, specifically? What do we have to offer her, and how do we fit in her plans?"

Obscurejones
2014-04-28, 10:31 AM
The Marshal grumbles softly at the Demon's familiarity with the mayor.
"So what's your master offering? What's the tit for our tat?"

horus42
2014-04-28, 02:04 PM
"I was getting to that." He snarls slightly, but presses on. "The Architect is building cities to spite Malfeas. She hates him, and wants to create something in Creation that outshines even the glory of the Demon City and his Green Sun. Her demon followers and the undead provided by the Cleric provide the labor, and she's gathering allies for protection. People hate and fear the Green Sun Princes, and she wants to be able to complete her work without being cut down by the Wyld Hunt or the Imperial Legions, diminished though they are in this day and age."

Magog turn his head towards the Marshal before continuing. "How about information? A group of neighboring City-States is growing jealous of Tenzin's prosperity. They're planning on trying to take the Jade mines, and the city itself, by force."

josienoms
2014-04-28, 09:08 PM
Divyanshi frowns and runs her fingers through her long dark hair. "Something about this doesn't sit well with me. Could we arrange a meeting with the Architect herself? No offense meant to present company but, demons lie. We should also send out our own people to confirm these accusations of imminent invasion."

Kell_tamer
2014-04-30, 08:55 AM
Tepin seems in thought before looking to Div. "Where do you think I should go? to meet the architect or stay here with the town?"

Div usually had good ideas about where people should be at what time. Tepin chalked it up to the reason she was Chosen in the first place.