View Full Version : Edge of Tomorrow (actually, which one has that premise)

t209
2013-12-12, 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw61gCe2oqI
This is the new movie where
the main characters get respawned to the time before their failed invasion when they died.
I wonder if one of Loonatics: Unleashed Episodes was the only one with that premise?
edit: Oh wait, it's Groundhog Day.

enderlord99
2013-12-14, 12:15 PM
Is this spam? I can't tell either way.

I'm guessing it isn't, but...

SlyGuyMcFly
2013-12-14, 12:26 PM
t209 isn't a spambot, I can vouch for that. He's sure done a good impression of one, though :smallbiggrin:

As for the movie itself... Tom Cruise starring in "Groundhog Day meets Military SciFi-Action Flick"? I think I'll pass. :smallsigh:

t209
2013-12-14, 02:49 PM
No, I just posted this thread to see many media that is based on the premise before I discovered that it was Groundhog Day.

HamHam
2013-12-14, 02:58 PM
It's based on a Japanese light novel which I find kind of curious. Light novels have already been flooding the anime scene and now they've hit Hollywood?

HMS Invincible
2013-12-14, 03:27 PM
I find it kind of odd because I consider Tom Cruise old. Especially after his Collateral movie. This seems more like a movie where you start off with a young guy, and he ages mentally into it, maybe he ages physically too. Still, I love watching action films, mostly because of Netflix, but part of me likes explosions and one liners.

erikun
2013-12-14, 04:37 PM
It sounds like an interesting premise, but the trailer seems to indicate that they probably won't do anything interesting with it. Action hero, female romance character, Only You Can Save The WorldTM, etc. It could be good, but I'm certainly not expecting much at the moment.