PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Stand[feat PF for gunsligners]

Lord Vukodlak
2013-12-12, 06:25 PM
While finding/writing up capstone feats for my E6 Pathfinder campaign I came up with this an realized it could be useful as just a regular feat and thought I'd share it for feed back.

Now normally a gunslinger could regain a point of grit by confirming a critical hit against an enemy with at least half his HD. But I thought it be interesting to regain grit by taking a critical hit

Heroic Stand
Prerequisites: Gunslinger 6th.
Benefit: If an enemy with at least half your hit dice confirms a critical hit against you in the heat of combat, you regain one Grit point.

anacalgion
2013-12-13, 12:38 AM
"In the heat of combat" is unnecessary, and as a whole the feat is kinda weak. If you tagged on that they gain an additional grit point or something, it'd be pretty good, but as it is, it's kind of odd. You never want to use it, because taking a crit to the face hurts, so in a best case scenario you wasted a feat slot. It definately needs something more.

Lord Vukodlak
2013-12-13, 01:01 AM
"In the heat of combat" is unnecessary, and as a whole the feat is kinda weak. If you tagged on that they gain an additional grit point or something, it'd be pretty good, but as it is, it's kind of odd. You never want to use it, because taking a crit to the face hurts, so in a best case scenario you wasted a feat slot. It definately needs something more.

Well extra grit normally adds two grit points, I'm not sure about a feat that gives one grit point plus a whole new method of recharging. Restoring two grit points might be to much especially if a gunslinger is only down one grit.
I did consider the following but left it out of the first draft.

Heroic Stand
Prerequisites: Gunslinger 6th.
Benefit: If an enemy with at least half your hit dice confirms a critical hit against you regain one Grit point. In addition your next deed performed against that enemy has its cost reduced by 1 grit point. (to a minimum of 0) so long as it occurs within one round.

This I think preserves the cinematics of the feat and chances are if your critically hit by someone your character is just going to want to hit them back.

anacalgion
2013-12-14, 11:31 PM
What about this?

Heroic Stand
Prerequisites: Gunslinger 6th
Benefit: If an enemy with at least half your hit dice confirms a critical hit against you, you may spend one grit point to make your next successful attack against that target a critical hit. This bonus is lost if it is not used within one round.

Captures the feel, gives you a chance to get back grit, and it lets you punish them for hitting you.