Eladrinblade
2013-12-12, 06:41 PM
Anybody played it yet?

factotum
2013-12-13, 03:35 AM
It hasn't been released yet, has it?

Farix
2013-12-13, 03:43 AM
The beta came out today for backers looks like, waiting on the final product myself though.

Eladrinblade
2013-12-13, 04:27 AM
I was under the impression that it had been out for the backers for a bit. :smallredface:

Ailurus
2013-12-13, 07:08 AM
Naw, the beta was (for me at least) made available late Wednesday night, and I got it installed last night (only had time to make characters and talk to a few NPCs though). There is no NDA on the beta, so long as whatever you post comes with a note saying it is the beta version, so expect plenty of footage/impressions/etc. to show up on it.

For myself, didn't get far enough to have a real impression, but the little I saw was good. Plenty of character customization, and you are pretty poor in terms of attribute and survival points so balancing the team is all but mandatory (and even then you likely won't be able to cover everything). Favorite thing I did notice though is that the XP for non-combat skill usage actually seems meaningful - taking down 3 raiders netted everyone in my squad 45 xp, but then the medic got another 8 patching up people aferwards, and my techie got another 21 for fixing a toaster. So while you likely will need to scale back on weapon skills to cover everything, you can get solid XP for using all those other skills.

Choyrt
2013-12-13, 10:54 AM
I can't wait for this!

BladeofObliviom
2013-12-13, 10:58 AM
fixing a toaster

So, nothing's changed then? :smalltongue:

Choyrt
2013-12-13, 01:47 PM
Except now there is toast!

Ailurus
2013-12-13, 02:37 PM
So, nothing's changed then? :smalltongue:

Of course not! After all, what kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland doesn't have broken toasters to scavenge? And when there are broken toasters, there need to be toaster repair men :smallcool: (Though inXile has said they do want it to be used for more than just a few sets of loot this time around)

Farix
2013-12-13, 06:04 PM
Toasters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0KkFCk7yIA) you say?