PDA

View Full Version : Is e-mail notification for new comic updates available?

Clove
2013-12-12, 07:17 PM
I've been following this comic for a long time. But I have to wander away once in a while and just catch up a few months at a time because I tire of checking the page frequently.

I'm eager to see the current story arc play out though, so I don't want to stop checking. :)

So I was wondering if it is possible to sign for e-mail notifications when the comic updates.

It would probably save the website a lot of bandwidth too, if people aren't constantly pinging it and then closing it.

ChristianSt
2013-12-12, 07:29 PM
A direct mail subscription about new comics doesn't exist.
There is a RSS-feed located at the sidebar and Rich has a Twitter account ( @RichBurlew ) which he uses mainly for comic updates and some other announcements.

If those options don't work for you, there is the possibility to use a service that generates Emails from those services.

FujinAkari
2013-12-12, 10:37 PM
There is a RSS-feed located at the sidebar and Rich has a Twitter account ( @RichBurlew ) which he uses mainly for comic updates and some other announcements.

If those options don't work for you, there is the possibility to use a service that generates Emails from those services.

It should be noted that the twitter was explicitly set up for communication regarding the Kickstarter and is not intended nor expected to contain an update every time a new comic is released.

While it often does, don't expect it :)

Zerozzz0290
2013-12-12, 11:38 PM

Thanks! I was wondering about this! :smallsmile:

It should be noted that the twitter was explicitly set up for communication regarding the Kickstarter and is not intended nor expected to contain an update every time a new comic is released.

awwwww :smallfrown:

ChristianSt
2013-12-13, 04:37 AM

While it was explicitly during/after the Kickstarter, it is not limited to Kickstarter communication:

I've gone ahead and signed up for a Twitter account despite having resisted it for so long (@RichBurlew (http://www.twitter.com/RichBurlew)). The Kickstarter drive has just created so much stuff to keep everyone updated on that I needed a place to make quick announcements without resorting to a big long KS update. As a bonus, I will also be using it to announce new comics, News posts, or whatever else is happening. What I won't be using it for is updating you on my inane daily activities or endlessly retweeting other people's comments. I've had this account for less than a week and that already bugs me.

So if you have a Twitter account, you can follow me. If you don't have a Twitter account, you don't need to get one. Just bookmark the page and check in on it from time to time. If it's really important, I'll mention it in the News of the KS updates anyway, so no pressure.

So it might be possible that Rich misses to post a tweet about a new comic (I don't know if he had a miss in the past and don't want to check for it now), but it is intended that it announces new comics - which implies all new comics. (And I think the OP would be fine anyway if from time to time it missed one, then he simple has a two-in-on-row-update :smallwink:)

EDIT: And while the News Announcement state that is it mainly for other stuff - the truth is the comic updates are just more frequent than other stuff to announce (at least from what I read from Rich's Twitter - I have the feeling that around 80% of tweets I read from him are about a new comic update)

Everyl
2013-12-13, 05:55 AM
Blogtrottr is the RSS-to-email service I use. I generally get the notification about 15-30 minutes after the comic goes up.

Ionathus
2013-12-13, 06:17 AM
For 20 bucks a month I'll email you every time a new comic comes out. :smallwink:

Act now and I'll also throw in a free attached MS Paint drawing to every email!

Vinsfeld
2013-12-13, 11:18 PM
For 20 bucks a month I'll email you every time a new comic comes out. :smallwink:

Act now and I'll also throw in a free attached MS Paint drawing to every email!

I'll do it for 15 bucks :smalltongue:

Beige Dragon
2013-12-14, 01:17 AM
I'll do it for 15 bucks :smalltongue:

Act now for exclusive smug-cheapo offer! I'll do it for 5 dollars!

Tass
2013-12-14, 06:41 AM
There is also a facebook page called Order of the stick (automatic). If you like it then it automatically puts a post in your news feed when there is a new comic.

The page that doesn't have (automatic) in the name is updated manually and is often more than a day late.

Ionathus
2013-12-14, 07:31 AM
Act now for exclusive smug-cheapo offer! I'll do it for 5 dollars!

4 dollars and TWO Paint drawings with every new comic!