PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Suggestions

Blueiji
2013-12-12, 08:59 PM
The fighter in the game I'm running recently acquired the highly-adorned Luchadore Mask from a Dire Dire Cow.

I wanted to make the make the mask magical in some way, but can't think of an appropriate enchantment.

The character already has an item of +2 STR, an item of +2 CON, and a +2 cloak of resistance, as well as some enchanted armor and weapons. The character has a mechanical focus on charging and grappling.

I'm looking for an effect or number of effects that would total to about a 8,000 gp. price tag. These effects would be applied to the Lucha Mask, so should be thematically appropriate to that.

Anyone have ideas for interesting potential enchantments?

Zanos
2013-12-12, 09:04 PM
While perhaps a bit too strong for 8k, the powerful build trait that Goliaths have could be interesting. You could pay an NPC about 3k to get a permanent enlarge person though with all the real effects of large size, so 8k for a continuous item that doesn't give the full bonuses of large size should be fair, I think.

Blueiji
2013-12-12, 09:17 PM
While perhaps a bit too strong for 8k, the powerful build trait that Goliaths have could be interesting. You could pay an NPC about 3k to get a permanent enlarge person though with all the real effects of large size, so 8k for a continuous item that doesn't give the full bonuses of large size should be fair, I think.

That would be absolutely perfect, but the player already took the Jotunbrud feat, which does most of what Powerful Build does but doesn't stack with it.

Blackhawk748
2013-12-12, 09:20 PM
Well off hand you could give it the bonuses Rhino Hide does, 2d6 damage on the charge is nice

Blueiji
2013-12-12, 09:28 PM
Well off hand you could give it the bonuses Rhino Hide does, 2d6 damage on the charge is nice

That could work as well, especially since the Dire Dire Cow had a tendency to make charge attacks. It would definitely be thematic.