PDA

View Full Version : Epic Melee Attack?

Solace of Tides
2013-12-12, 09:28 PM
I'm playing a DMM Cleric with Divine Magician - and then I also have 2 levels in Monk and chose to substitute Flurry of Blows for Decisive Blow. I picked up Snap Kick as usual, but also grabbed Power Attack - and here's my thinking why:

If I expend True Strike and Moment of Prescience at the same time, and subtract both of those and put them towards Power Attack I would get an instant 80pts in damage. What I am wondering is: a) Is this legal? b) Are there more spells that would boost this even farther (I remember reading some "Divine" spell that gave your next roll an instant 20... anyone know the spell I'm thinking about, and would this give me an extra x2 for the critical?)? c) I think there is a feat that lets you remove from your AC towards your ATK... I might be wrong though - however, if this is a feat, is this something that might be worth grabbing? I've got pretty good AC, but don't want to take away too much from the Extra Turning or possibly adding DMM Quicken at higher levels.

Any thoughts/advice on this would be greatly appreciated... also, let's assume that for some reason I have Wraithstrike active... through a runestaff or some other means (bonus thank yous for anyone who can give me legit ways to DMM this spell).

Thank you, at the very least, for reading through all this text.

KillianHawkeye
2013-12-12, 09:31 PM
Well first of all, Power Attack is limited by your BAB, so I doubt you'd be able to get as much out of it as you think.

Secondly, trading AC for damage is done with Shock Trooper, but only while charging. I think.

Solace of Tides
2013-12-12, 09:39 PM
Dang, I knew there was something I was overlooking there. Looks like it'll be back to the drawing board with other ways to boost the damage on this one.